Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2018, 16:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Mumbai-Goa Cruise Service

Mumbai-Goa cruise service to begin from October 20.

Quote:
India’s first cruise service from Mumbai to Goa will be launched on October 20, 2018.
Quote:
Travellers can enjoy various amenities and indulge in activities like swimming during the 14-hour journey. While enjoying the stunning views of the sea, those onboard can savour a wide variety of cuisines at restaurants.

Besides two restaurants, there are six bars at Angriya and a lounge too. The holidayers can get themselves pampered on a spa onboard as Angriya wishes to make the entire experience an unforgetful memory to cherish for a lifetime.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mumbai-Goa Cruise Service

I was quite kicked about this since this would be the cheapest cruise that one can get on around India. However, the schedule is a damper. The cruise leaves around evening time and all you can do is sleep on it as it navigates to Goa or Bombay. Which means you pretty much get just about 6-7 hours on it to enjoy the comfort offered.

http://www.angriyacruises.com/
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

ANGRIYA? Strange name for a cruise ship. I think HAPPIYA would have been more appropriate

Some info about the vessel:

The Mumbai-Goa Cruise Service-angriya.jpg

Inside the ship:

Price: Rs. 4000 to 12000 per ticket

Last edited by SmartCat : 22nd October 2018 at 11:07.
SmartCat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

When I first heard about this cruise service, I thought it'd be on the lines of what we have in Andaman. Luxury (from a comfort standpoint) but the objective is Point A - Point B travel.

http://www.makruzz.com/site/

This one seems to be more on the lines of giving you a cruise experience, not about transporting you between Mumbai and Goa. Considering someone going to Goa will be going for Goa, I doubt they'd want to splurge so much on getting there.

Once the novelty fizzles out, I doubt they'll have a full house, or even close. This is pretty expensive so people would rather just fly out. Also, the hours mean you'll be spending all that money mostly sleeping hours. For someone wanting to entirely enjoy the experience, this will most likely end up costing 20-30k for two people (including food and adult beverages). Just not worth it, considering you're going to Goa for just that, at a much lower pricepoint.

That said, this is quite a pioneering venture no doubt; hope it opens up new experiences. All said and done, seems a little misfit.
libranof1987 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Earlier, we used to have Star Cruise operating from Mumbai. I got a chance to experience Star Cruise's one day package back in 2007. It was a one-night package, wherein they used to have a round of "Bombay High Field". Star cruise is a Hongkong based company. The quality of their ships and onboard services were top notch. I don't remember why they stopped their operations in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This one seems to be more on the lines of giving you a cruise experience, not about transporting you between Mumbai and Goa.
Of course, this "ll be amazing for a cruise experience and not a transportation option. And believe me that cruise experience was amazing for us back in 2007. In India, We have an amazing coastline and beautiful tourist locations. A Luxury cruise line is need of time.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:53   #6
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
ANGRIYA? Strange name for a cruise ship. I think HAPPIYA would have been more appropriate
A wild guess - May have something to do with the famous Maratha Naval Commander - Kanhoji Angre, who was very active on the west coast in the early 1700s. (I believe there was an Indian Navy ship named INS Angre too)
AJo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 16:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
A wild guess - May have something to do with the famous Maratha Naval Commander - Kanhoji Angre, who was very active on the west coast in the early 1700s. (I believe there was an Indian Navy ship named INS Angre too)
It is actually named after him. He was the Admiral of the Maratha Navy and was called by the British as 'Angriya'.
AdiSolEn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:51   #8
Team-BHP Support

Got the tariff via Whataspp. Seems well priced.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mumbai-Goa Cruise tariff details.pdf (317.7 KB, 1394 views)

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2018 at 09:52. Reason: Removing naked attachment tags (PDF problem)
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 09:59   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mumbai-Goa Cruise Service

To me, Goa is a destination that I just have to drive to. The Mumbai-Goa road is fantastic.

However, I'm a big cruise baby and for the experience alone, will try this out. I love cruises for the breathtaking views on offer.

The pricing is a rip-off. Room for 2 with a large window will come up to 16 grand! GST is 5% extra while meals are 2 grand / person. That means, it's Rs. 20,000+ for one way to Goa for a couple. The pricing isn't sustainable; discounts will inevitably kick in once the initial euphoria dies down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The cruise leaves around evening time and all you can do is sleep on it as it navigates to Goa or Bombay.
I like the schedule. You can watch sunset & sunrise - the two best views when out at sea.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:12   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I like the schedule. You can watch sunset & sunrise - the two best views when out at sea.
Yeah but the whole fun of the cruise is looking out into the ocean. At night all you see is a black ocean with few lights. Hardly a spectacle. Plus sunrise on the west coast is not as good as sunset.

Should have started in the morning and reached just after sunset.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yeah but the whole fun of the cruise is looking out into the ocean. At night all you see is a black ocean with few lights.

Should have started in the morning and reached just after sunset.
This is because the Indian junta on a holiday, wants to make the most of the place they are visiting and are not really interested in wasting a day just travelling.

In this case, I feel there should have been an exception with the timings like you mention, start in the morning and reach by evening. That is the only way to enjoy the cruise and not by sleeping in a rocking boat while it sails.

Maybe in due course of time, they may change the timings if they get adequate feedback about it
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:32   #12
BHPian

Wonder if this service will continue during the monsoons. Rough seas can throw the pleasure of sailing out of the port hole especially for people who are prone to seasickness.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

All you guys are missing the important point:
The cruise is timed for night for "clubbing activity".

So the USP is: don't waste your time on the road - make the best of the night, lounging etc. Stay in luxury. Arrive in Goa and be ready for party again in the evening.

However truth be told, I would love the day time cruise - the Indian western coastline is a fabulous thing to see and experience with seas, shoreline, beaches, rocks, hills, villages etc.

Last edited by alpha1 : 23rd October 2018 at 12:40.
alpha1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 16:44   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yeah but the whole fun of the cruise is looking out into the ocean.
Bhai, how much do you want to look at the ocean? I didn't spend more than 2 - 3 hours admiring the view even when I visited the top of the Twin Towers (New York) or Niagara Falls.

For me, this cruise is ideal. Admire views till 7 pm, then dinner + party, sleep and wake up in Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
All you guys are missing the important point:
The cruise is timed for night for "clubbing activity".
Well said .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:32   #15
BHPian

For me the ideal way to go to Goa (haven't done it yet) is 1st AC in the Konkan Kanya express. It has amazing views of the Konkan which I can enjoy from the comfort of the 1st AC compartment. I can do it while I am enjoying yum food from the pantry of the train. And the ultimate cherry on the plate is the pure diesel loco territory of KR. For a train lover like me the chugging Alco's and whining EMD's on KR are a treat to watch.
The cruise is too expensive for me. I will happily spend the amount I save on food and drinks in Goa.

P.S : I would like to even travel by the Vistadome coach of the Madgaon Janshatabdi.
DrPriyankT is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks