Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 18:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

A cool new bus : The Cerita.

Spotted this today. It looks awesome...and the engine is marvellously refined as well.
Sported PB registration, and a sikh gentleman was instructing the driver. It looked awesome.

It certainly had an imposing presence. Volvo has competition. Also has features like auto retracting doors. Couldnt determine if it was an automatic or a manual.

Last edited by sajo : 9th February 2007 at 18:43.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:29   #2
IMP
BHPian

Nice one, i like the way the wheel arches look. Probably it is a creation of some bus body manufacturing unit, who are looking forward to launch it in the market. Since no badging from any manufacturer can be seen.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention, it even had a model number, something like J20. Now who sells just the rear engined chassis ? Does Tata do it?
Old 9th February 2007, 19:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

What's the logo on the door?? looks something like a Eicher.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:36   #5
BANNED

Looks good.
Seems like a major work by some body maker. But you have said the engine was very refined. Any more points on this department?

And was it named CERITA? Hmmm.... Not a professional name. Or is it a code name?
Old 9th February 2007, 19:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
And was it named CERITA? Hmmm.... Not a professional name. Or is it a code name?
Cerita seemed to be the THE name/brand the bus is going to have...because of the numerous places it was emblazoned.

I said it was very refined because I saw it making this ungainly turn ->

and it sounded very smooth and silent, almost sedan like. (Diesel sedan ofcourse). It will be far better inside the cabin I suppose.

@vid : The Logo on the door seems to be the Cerita logo. Is also there on the wheels.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

good capture buddy.

guys isnt this thread is inappropriate in this section (The indian car scene ??)
Old 9th February 2007, 20:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well if it has Punjab plates, then its probably a JCBL-Kinglong product as they are in Chandigarh.

anybody want to guess where the lights came from. The headlights are definetly from some Citroen and the taillights also probably.

Last edited by Mpower : 9th February 2007 at 20:06.
Old 10th February 2007, 00:05   #9
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hehe, maybe it is a more stylyzed version of SARITA
Old 10th February 2007, 00:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

I've seen this here - Chinese Bus. They've got one on display at the Dragon Mall.
Old 10th February 2007, 02:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great bus! From the looks of it, if they launch it, Volvo have a very good competitor against them. I wonder when we will be seeing the KingLong buses commonly as we see the B7Rs these days. There are a few KingLong buses that are operated by private transporters in Mumbai.
Old 10th February 2007, 09:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Volvo's only competition will come from an equally well engineered bus, certainly not chinese. The ALL rear engine bus is a pretty neat looking one, better than the one on this thread. it is only the engine that is not good enough.
Old 10th February 2007, 11:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice find Sajo.I too think this is one from the chinese stables.Whether it will compete with volvo will just have to wait and see.
Old 10th February 2007, 11:42   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Thats a great bus! From the looks of it, if they launch it, Volvo have a very good competitor against them. I wonder when we will be seeing the KingLong buses commonly as we see the B7Rs these days. There are a few KingLong buses that are operated by private transporters in Mumbai.
Slightly off topic: The Kinglong buses are currently a part of the new project "MahaBus" which is a joint effort by the public and private sector where the government buys buses and gives them on lease to private operators.

Back to the topic: I am a bit sceptical about the headlamp and taillamp assemblies of the Cerita. The lamps look good now but will turn out to be damn expensive in the future to maintain. That is why, Volvo B7Rs do not have a single piece headlamp/taillamp unit but different sections to form one unit, so that incase of a malfunction one can replace the damaged section e.g. reverse lamp and doesn't need to replace the whole assembly...

Incidently, this is my 150th post. Took a lot of time to reach till here....
Old 10th February 2007, 11:45   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

The first meaningful looking competitor to Volvo. Altho some panel gaps can be seen adjacent to the rear wheel wells

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks