Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 11:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020

I will be travelling with a Walker dependent elderly person. Is there a way to go to the lounge from the car park area that is easy to use by the elderly, like an elevator and toilets?
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 00:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I will be travelling with a Walker dependent elderly person. Is there a way to go to the lounge from the car park area that is easy to use by the elderly, like an elevator and toilets?
Unfortunately, there are no elevators to travel from the parking deck to the lounge and you have to take the stairs. Separate toilets for men and women are avaliable and were very clean.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Unfortunately, there are no elevators to travel from the parking deck to the lounge and you have to take the stairs. Separate toilets for men and women are avaliable and were very clean.
Thank you for that information. Just need to know one last thing, are there toilets on the car park level or does one need to go upstairs to the lounge.
Old 9th September 2020, 11:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Thank you for that information. Just need to know one last thing, are there toilets on the car park level or does one need to go upstairs to the lounge.
Hi Armumbai, no there are no toilets on the car deck, at least not that I could make out. All passenger amenities are on the passenger deck / lounge.
PGNarain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 14:06   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Armumbai, no there are no toilets on the car deck, at least not that I could make out. All passenger amenities are on the passenger deck / lounge.
What kind of amenities are available?

Is there tea/coffee/snacks being served?

Hot snacks or pre packed?

Can you elaborate?
Old 9th September 2020, 22:08   #51
BHPian

Seems like Mumbai is taking a liking to the Ro-Ro service especially now that rules have ben somewhat relaxed

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...HJ3tei8xJ.html

Quote:
will now be increasing it to three services a day from September 20 owing to increasing demand.
nick.cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
What kind of amenities are available?

Is there tea/coffee/snacks being served?

Hot snacks or pre packed?

Can you elaborate?
I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but otherwise they were serving Tea, Coffee, Cold Drinks (cans), Samosas, Sabudana Khichadi, Veg and Non-veg Sandwiches.

All of it is prepackaged and doubt they make it on board, but food was fresh and served hot. We especially enjoyed the Sabudana Khichadi and Coffee.
PGNarain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 12:07   #53
BHPian

The Autocar Feature I mentioned on my earlier post is out, just received it on watsapp through a common friend.

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-20200915_120320.jpg

And the complete article, enjoy!
Feature_RoRo Ferry vs Ferrari_4.pdf
PGNarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 20:32   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone who's been on the ferry with a motorbike or a bicycle? If yes, how did you do the booking? The online option only allows 4 wheelers for the choice of vehicle. Don't see any other option to select.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 14:15   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone who's been on the ferry with a motorbike or a bicycle? If yes, how did you do the booking? The online option only allows 4 wheelers for the choice of vehicle. Don't see any other option to select.
Answering my question

So 2-wheelers and cycles are allowed; there's no specific space allocated for them except for both sides of the ferry, so even if all 4-wheeler slots are booked, they'll definitely allow cycles without any issue. I had booked the tickets for overselves online, and we paid the additional 100Rs per cycle at the Mandwa jetty.

We did the Mumbai - Mandwa ride the long way (100+ kms), leaving early morning and reaching Mandwa just in time for the 10:45 am ferry. Saw atleast 8-10 cycles coming from Mumbai so the idea has definitely caught quite the attention.

The return trip back to Mumbai was pretty empty - about ~12 cars, 4-5 bikes and 2 cycles; and probably around 40-50 passengers in total.

We were famished after cycling for 5+ hours - so treated ourselves to the food as if there wasn't a tomorrow! Prices are decent - most items (veg & non-veg sandwiches, idli, samosas, poha, sabudana, and a few more) go around 60 - 100 bucks; tea/coffee 50 bucks and a few other beverages at a little more price point. Food is pre-prepared from Bombay; they just reheat it using a microwave/sorts.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th September 2020 at 14:23.
ninjatalli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 07:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The Autocar Feature I mentioned on my earlier post is out, just received it on watsapp through a common friend.

Attachment 2055466
Updating the thread with the you tube video of the Ferrari Review onboard the M2M Ferry.

PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 01:16   #57
BHPian

Me and my family were planning to visit Nagaon as the Diwali vacation had started. We decided to take the M2M Ferry from Ferry Wharf to Mandwa Jetty as it would be a unique experience for the kids. There was a single ferry service at 7.30am on Monday. The ticket booking was done online on their website. Due to the Covid-19 situation, you are advised to reach around an hour before the departure timing. The process for boarding was completed very smoothly with the temperature checks and cars being lined up inside the Ferry. The Ferry itself is quite nice with an Air conditioned Lounge as well as seating on the Open Decks. We preferred to stay on the Open Deck in the fresh air and avoid close contact with others in the Lpunge. The Ferry left Mumbai at 7.30 am sharp and was at Mandwa Jetty at around 8.20 am. The ride was a wonderful experience with kids enjoying the sea breeze and the seagulls flying alongside. The M2M staff were continuously taking rounds on the Deck and reminding the people to wear masks and maintain distance between them and other families. Upon docking at Mandwa Jetty, the offloading of the cars was very fast. Ticket prices were 300 for Adults (over 3 years of age) and 800/1000/1200 depending on the size of the Car. Bikes and Cycles are also allowed on the Ferry. Attaching a few pictures which were clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20201109wa0009.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20201110wa0006.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20201110wa0010.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20201110wa0017.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20201109wa0018.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_20201112_011411.jpg  

adi.mariner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:20   #58
BHPian

Last month, as a part of Konkan Coast drive, we took M2M Ferries from Mandwa to Mumbai. We have used our car for the entire trip.
M2M ferries has the facility of taking our 4 wheelers too into the ferry so that it is convenient to skip traveling 4 odd hours to drive between these two destinations.

I have logged into a youtube video.

I have provided English subtitles for the non-Tamil audience. Kindly make use of it.

Lounge inside
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1648.jpg

Upper Deck
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1653.jpg

Gallery
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1665.jpg

View of Mumbai from the Ferry
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1726.jpg
Old 10th June 2021, 12:23   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone taken the Ro-Ro ferry to Mandve post the level based (un)lockdowns? Mumbai district is level 3 allowing general movement over weekends till 5 PM but Mandve falls in Raigad district which is level 4 and not allowing general movement.

Wondering what are the checks on the other side.

P.s. Planning to cycle in that area so any additional information on how strict the local authorities are would be helpful.
Old 10th June 2021, 12:26   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
P.s. Planning to cycle in that area so any additional information on how strict the local authorities are would be helpful.
Not sure when you're planning to go but this weekend, Konkan coast (esp Raigad) and Mumbai are on red alert (heavy rains) so there's a possibility this service might be shut. Saw on the news yesterday that there's a total lockdown this weekend in the region anticipating heavy rains.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks