Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2024, 18:05   #151
BHPian

Re: International Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions

This does not qualify to be an 'Evacuation'. It is deplaning where there is no real Life threatening Emergency. It is just like the Passengers Exit the Plane.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 08:04   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Indigo passengers took to X to reveal their nightmarish experience with the INDIGO Mumbai-Istanbul flight no 6E18 as they encountered a 40 hour delay due to the incoming plane having technical issues. As is usual for the 6E operator, the comfort of its passengers was cruelly denied sans any hotel or airport rest room/lounge accommodation. They are seen squatting on the airport floor.

Indigo said it had arranged two "special planes"( what's so 6E special on these two planes?) but obtaining the necessary clearances took time.

Passenger Shivani on X:-

International Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions-20240310_075211.jpg

International Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions-20240310_075215.jpg

Quote:
IndiGo's Bombay-Istanbul flight passengers stranded at Mumbai airport over 40 hours.
https://twitter.com/shivaanirocks/st...AHidxCSDA&s=09

https://twitter.com/shivaanirocks/st...UZhvUQIFQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/shivaanirocks/st...zBYHaZguw&s=19

Passenger Rishitaa on X:-

International Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions-20240310_074306.jpg

Quote:
hello, will the 6E17 scheduled to depart on 7th March 6.40 am depart today? We were told 5.30 pm but there’s no communication and we’ve been kept in the lounge with no information. This is more than 40 hours of delay. Could someone please help?
https://twitter.com/rishitaa/status/...9GbDDCA4A&s=19

Quote:
We have been stranded at the Istanbul airport after a 40 hour nightmarish wait at the Mumbai airport. It’s been more than 8 hours at Istanbul and there’s been no update from indigo on our further connections
Indigo's parroted feedback :-

Quote:
Ma'am, we believe our team has connected and addressed your concern over the call. We look forward to your kind understanding. Kindly DM us for any further assistance required. ~ Enna
Nand Kishore's reply :-
Quote:
Indigo international connecting flights have big issue. Connecting flights, particularly Istanbul connecting are never easily available & people are stranded at airports without any updates. This has happened with us 2times.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th March 2024 at 08:07.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 07:22   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Indigo passengers took to X to reveal their nightmarish experience with the INDIGO Mumbai-Istanbul flight no 6E18 as they encountered a 40 hour delay due to the incoming plane having technical issues.
I outright refuse to book myself onto any airline which does not have spare aircraft or do not have a specific focus on that segment. 6E if I remember correctly, have wet leased only two B777s from Turkish, and/or manage the IST run with their A320s.

While I am all for Indian airlines flying direct to international destinations , it is undeniably a much higher risk than a more mainstream international airline with spare capacity.

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th March 2024 at 07:24.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:56   #154
BHPian

I recently took Air India International flight. I generally take Travel Insurance mostly from Tata AIG.

As part of flight booking Air India website offered this option of automatically getting Travel Insurance from Tata AIG. Assuming like IRCTC it would be a easy process of automatically getting issued, was the mistake from my side.

Insurance documents was not issued after the ticket booking.

I had to run back and forth between Air India and Tata AIG. With one Tata AIG Representative saying you didn't get it from us, got from Air India we are not responsible take a new one from us. Asked Air India to refund the money which they didn't do.

It took 10 days for the insurance documents to be issued.

If offered this option while booking in Air India, my suggestion don't go for it. Better get it directly.

Last edited by Arun_S : 20th March 2024 at 18:57. Reason: .
Arun_S is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks