Old 27th February 2009, 00:21   #316
BHPian

My only request is to have coil springs instead of leaf springs
Old 27th February 2009, 00:41   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The Canopy, in the personalisation package gives this idea. Is the rear wall of the Cabin removable. Why I ask is, a little variation in the package might allow addition of third row seats and still have luggage space behind it. Add a little tilt mechanism in the rear seats to allow ingress into the third row. Have an option of a split AC arrangement to cool the extra area. Something that a person like me is looking for and do not have 20-lakhs to spend on such a car.
Don't rush them. That will be the next Safari with coil springs in the rear.
Old 27th February 2009, 01:20   #318
Senior - BHPian

Looks real good.Saw the ad in the papers today.Just hope the quality is upthere.And the basics like airbags and abs are present atleast as an option.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:01   #319
BHPian

This thing sure looks good!! But i think it would have been mouthwatering had they come out with a successor for the Sierra instead of a pickup. I can still find hoardes of people searching for a well maintained Sierra Turbo (myself included ). A five seater based on this design with 5 doors and COIL SPRINGS with other specs remaining same would make a significant impact. What say?
Old 27th February 2009, 10:16   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I think Rear of the Thai Version is better designed than the Indian version.also Chrome front grill is also good looking.
I like the embossed TATA letters more! thats more like the style on all the Toyotas and Mitsubishis and Nissans that you see elsewhere. But yeah, if Tata wants to be distinct, this also works.And agreed, the grille on the Thai version does look better, more upmarket.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:18   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
My only request is to have coil springs instead of leaf springs
This is a pick up truck buddy!!!
Old 27th February 2009, 11:30   #322
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If wishes were granted.

Wish the XENON had coil springs, ABS, Airbags, better ICE, Ingress in to rear bay with option to add seats in the rear with with a shorter luggage bay and Shipped with the overhead lights & Roll Bar by default.

Yes it comes with the 2.2 VTT - great but why the other compromises?

Would have made for a good Safari Alternative.

Alternatively, wish the new Safari came with this wheel base (lenght) and new Rear seats, like the Sumo third row. XOVER???

Wish Tata is forced too revise the price of the Safari downward by Rs. 2L given the current market conditions - nope they wont manage it.

Compromises all around

If wishes were granted..
Old 27th February 2009, 11:46   #323
Senior - BHPian

isnt Getaway 4wd cheaper than the Xenon 4wd?
Old 27th February 2009, 13:14   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Getaway 4WD SUCKS! From the looks department - have never TD'ed it for performance. I cant even bear to see one on the roads.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:27   #325
rippergeo

Why is everyone going on about leaf springs? Lets TD it first.
I think a rudimentary leaf spring set up will be better for handling than a rudimentary coil spring set up. But, lets wait for the TDs

Old 27th February 2009, 16:32   #326
Team-BHP Support

Ever sat in a Tatamobile with leaf springs? I have. Believe me its not fun on bad roads
So if the Xenon has any such thing at the rear, I pity the passengers, and the cargo!
Old 28th February 2009, 10:19   #327
BHPian

Language, grammar

From the Indian Xenon website
"The Xenon XT has been designed to take on all types of terrain without any hesitation. It is as competent on growel, slush and snow as it is on proved roads."

I hope it does not grovel!!
Old 28th February 2009, 14:49   #328
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice pickup. But at 10 lakhs for the 4x4 version, it's not going to find too many Indian homes. Targeted toward exports.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:45   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Wish the XENON had coil springs, ABS, Airbags, better ICE, Ingress in to rear bay with option to add seats in the rear with with a shorter luggage bay and Shipped with the overhead lights & Roll Bar by default.

Yes it comes with the 2.2 VTT - great but why the other compromises?

Would have made for a good Safari Alternative.

Alternatively, wish the new Safari came with this wheel base (lenght) and new Rear seats, like the Sumo third row. XOVER???

Wish Tata is forced too revise the price of the Safari downward by Rs. 2L given the current market conditions - nope they wont manage it.

Compromises all around

If wishes were granted..
Agreed, Coil springs in the rear could have done wonders for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice pickup. But at 10 lakhs for the 4x4 version, it's not going to find too many Indian homes. Targeted toward exports.
Yeah. The price seems to be on the higher side by minimum 1L.

Just one thing. This car as per Zigwheels is a RWD/AWD. Should'nt they have gone in for disc brakes at the rear as well for a RWD?
Source: Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com
Old 28th February 2009, 21:55   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Why is everyone going on about leaf springs? Lets TD it first.
I think a rudimentary leaf spring set up will be better for handling than a rudimentary coil spring set up. But, lets wait for the TDs
We've had our share of leaf v/s coil exchanges and you only need to sit in the rear seat of your brother's Endy to know what it does.

Has anyone here owned the TL (last version, not the Tatamobile) and provide us with some feedback on the 'ride' at the rear?

nikki sat in the Xenon at Concorde and says the rear seat is very spacious, no compromises there. However the car is yet to get the roadworthiness certificate from the Kerala RTO (why does each state have to declare a vehicle roadworthy when the ARAI does it?) so no test drives at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks