Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 14:52   #61
BHPian

Bangalore needs more volvos is more routes. for e.g.the Indira nagar-koramangala route is always busy and even a short shuttle would help reduce 100s of cars
Old 18th December 2008, 15:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
There are a lot of new bus shelters in the Whitefield/Brookfields area which have very good lighting, and decent seating capacity as well. They certainly look worthy enough of a good city.

I truly appreciate the efforts which are being taken in this regard.
They put in the effort, but somewhere down the line, something comes up and they mess-up, most of the times. Let us wish that atleast in some areas like you mentioned, they continue maintaining the shelters.
Old 18th December 2008, 20:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which came first? The chicken or the egg? As simple as answering that.
Yeah - 80% issues ends up in this.

Bangalore needs a dedicated dept to interact and collaborate with other depts like BDA/BBMP/BESCOM to improve the infrastructure..

For example - BBMP has widened the road near BTM Silk board to accommodate the bus stop... But - Electric poles are not yet shifted by BESCOM. So, the road widening done is of no use today :(
Old 19th December 2008, 18:01   #64
BHPian

Hi, I agree with you. Volvo has shown people the comfort of travelling. There whould be mix and match of both volvo and non volvo. As I heard that volvo buses are maintened by factory people at depots, there should not be any break down.
Old 20th December 2008, 12:14   #65
BHPian

Do you guys know -

BMTC has automatic Bus Wash for their Volvo buses in their depot?

Really Kewl
Old 18th August 2009, 12:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

This does not make any sense

There is a volvo bus route, 411-K between Bannerghatta National Park and ITPL. I think it goes via Koramangala IRR, and goes right in front of EGL.
BMTC VOLVO ROUTE DETAILS

But look at the timings!! First bus starts from Bannerghatta NP at 10:50AM!! Obviously office goers cant use it to go to office! There are two starting from ITPL at 1630 and 1730. While these two are more useful for office commute, it leaves commuters in the dark when it comes to reaching office!
Old 7th June 2019, 08:34   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Does Bangalore need more Volvo buses?

Answer to the question of does Bangalore needs more Volvo or not is answered.

Interesting thing, they are planning to move atleast half of the Volvo fleet for shorter inter city commutes. This is something which Kerala has been doing since past few years, however in case of KL, demographic setup helps in that since the state is series of smaller towns.

In KA, Bangalore - Mysore route mentioned in article is similar to that. However, apart from that I am not sure if other routes will be ideal.

Another interesting thing mentioned is that Mysore KSRTC is also facing the same issues as BMTC with their AC bus fleet and hence they are planning to start trip to Kannur airport using those buses.

This is the article from today's Bangalore edition Hindu.

Does Bangalore need more Volvo buses?-img_20190607_082302.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 08:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

The buses are not profitable in Bangalore plus BMTC drivers would knowingly stop the buses midway during peak hours. KSRTC has its own problems of corruption, anybody traveling to Mysore(morning)in the Airavatha bus will know how the AC bus is maintained. I hope KSRTC will fix the fares sensibly and our brothers/sisters of surrounding districts are benefited from this initiative.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 10:17   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
In KA, Bangalore - Mysore route mentioned in article is similar to that. However, apart from that I am not sure if other routes will be ideal.
Mangalore Udupi services run on these type of buses but KSRTC. These are not the regular Airavatha but those you see BMTC employs. Have seen them doing Hubli Belgaum too.

Yesterday I saw Bangalore Doddaballapura too at Yelahanka.

Similarly Tumkur, Chikkaballapura, Hosur, Kolar could really be some wonderful options to consider. There are lot of people who commute from these places to work.

Also, these buses have very limited stops. My parents take the Doddaballapura KSRTC bus from Majestic instead of BMTC as it stops 600 metres from our home where they walk back home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks