Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

condor, I can't see what there is to be doubtful about. Five infosys employees were killed and 30 others were injured, in an approximately 40 seater bus carrying 43 infosys employees (and no other passengers) which was taking them to their posting locations.
As I and thirst4torque have confirmed, this is the usual mode of transportation of their employees to pune.

Are you suggesting that 35 infosys employees suddenly decided not to go via the company provided KSRTC bus/it was not available, and decided to book their own KSRTC bus instead ?
Or are there any other possiblities that we are not aware of ?

EDIT: finally - here you go
5 techies die in Belgaum road mishap

Those magic words you are looking for
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deccan Herald
The company had chartered the bus.

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd May 2009 at 19:37.
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The idea is to support a post with some backing. The DH link is the first I'm seeing here : had checked the other links, but nothing seemed to come out. Now, how do I or anyone else know if @thirst or you are with Infy &/ know that the bus was chartered by Infy ..
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

well. my friend and thirst4 torque were pretty sure - I mean, I dont know about thirst4 torque, but thats how every batch which finished its training in the 6 months right upto, and including my friend's batch(including himself) was sent to pune.

Unless you somehow doubt thirst4torque and my friend's judgment/integrity/or experience, i dont see the need for a a third party report to subtantiate it. Nevertheless, I've given one.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
greenhorn : Unless you somehow doubt thirst4torque and my friend's judgment/integrity/or experience, ...
Not doubts : but it's about depending on TBHP-ians for accurate info. Also, just like we want every one here to quote the source of details posted, this too can do with a source. Hence the question there.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th May 2009 at 02:50. Reason: Quoted post removed due to a timely request.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

there is such a thing as original research and personal experience . Not everything can be backed up with third party info. If you have a need for it, feel free to ask, but I dont see the need for us to back up everything we post here with notable third party sources. This isn't wikipedia
Never mind: this off topic has gone long enough.

Last edited by greenhorn : 24th May 2009 at 18:56.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:30   #21
BHPian

Okay

Here is another link but this time from The Hindu which also mentions the words in contention.
The Hindu : Karnataka News : Five Infosys engineers killed in accident

"Infosys had hired the bus to transport its staff to Pune".
Old 25th May 2009, 12:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Okay

Here is another link but this time from The Hindu which also mentions the words in contention.
The Hindu : Karnataka News : Five Infosys engineers killed in accident

"Infosys had hired the bus to transport its staff to Pune".
Now condor these information gives info that the vehicle was hired by Infosys .

Now this thread can be closed or merged into the Accident in Pics where it is being discussed already.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:15   #23
BHPian

It is indeed a very unfortunate incident.

My cousin who joined Infy as a fresh graduate from the college was sent from Mysore to Hyderabad in a bus at the beginning of her training and at the end of the training from Hyderabad to Mysore again in a bus. I hope companies start taking some responsibilities of the shift staffs in such big numbers, especially the fresh graduates.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
It is indeed a very unfortunate incident.

I hope companies start taking some responsibilities of the shift staffs in such big numbers, especially the fresh graduates.
@Ardy: No offenses meant buddy.
But what happens if Infy started using commercial airlines as mode to transport its employees and something happened to the plane then ?
Here 5 were killed. We could expect none to survive if something happened in mid air.
It is a one off and unfortunate incident.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
But what happens if Infy started using commercial airlines as mode to transport its employees and something happened to the plane then ?
Here 5 were killed. We could expect none to survive if something happened in mid air.
No offense taken, buddy.

There is a risk around everything in this world. You need to circumvent the risk. That's all I intended to state.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope companies start taking some responsibilities of the shift staffs in such big numbers, especially the fresh graduates.
Even better, why not ask the employees to arrange for their transportation and get the travel expenses reimbursed later?
Just a suggestion. Infy & others, are you listening ?
Old 25th May 2009, 12:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Actually train is the prefered mode of transport. They opt for bus service only when train tickets are not available. Also, the trainee can make his/her own travel arrangements and the company will re-imburse the fair equivalent to the fare of AC 3 tier. Ofcourse this slab changes as per the job band/seniority. So the company can't be blamed for this accident. It was simply unfortunate.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:28   #28
BHPian

Very sad indeed. Folks starting off with their careers & have had to face this of all things and the worst nightmares possible for their families. Let their souls rest in peace.

Quote:
...I hope companies start taking some responsibilities of the shift staffs in such big numbers, especially the fresh graduates.
Hmm... what is special about these companies? What extra responsibility should be borne by the company? Should there be a convoy to transport them with safety cars & ambulances? Apologise for being sarcastic, but millions of people travel across our country by buses and esp. volvos which are considered to be safer than normal transport(from what I have heard about their braking systems, balancing systems etc) and hence should be considered as a one-off accident which unfortunately happened to a bus carrying employees of some company.

The only sad part for me is there have been 2 unfortunate incidents in the recent weeks involving the KSRTC volvos which is a concern (speed levels? negligence? pressure to deliver i.e., reach on time? etc) as lives are at stake.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:37   #29
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I was at my in-laws in Nippani when this terrible thing happened. RIP!

The word around in the town was that the driver was drowsy with lack of sleep and couldn't negotiate the steep curves but am not sure how authentic it is.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
The only sad part for me is there have been 2 unfortunate incidents in the recent weeks involving the KSRTC volvos which is a concern (speed levels? negligence? pressure to deliver i.e., reach on time? etc) as lives are at stake.
There was a Volvo (city bus) accident claiming 4-5 people standing in a bus shelter in Bangalore some time back.
Looks like driving Volvo buses requires some training and these drivers may have lacked that.
I have always wondered if driving a bus with rear engine is tricky as you miss out on the feedback (thorugh sound) on what the engine is doing. It can feel little disconnected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks