Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 11:00   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
whats the lowest price for Kubota? where?

i want to buy 2 of them. (small tractors)

local dealer is quoting 4.25L.
I strongly recommend you to have a look at new force orchard tractor. A highly FE 3cyl engine with all new front axle in now being offered. production of this new tractor has commenced from last month & has got a good response, hence quantity is being ramped up from this month.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: What tractor should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
A highly FE 3cyl engine with all new front axle in now being offered. production of this new tractor has commenced from last month & has got a good response, hence quantity is being ramped up from this month.
i have seen the old orchard OX-25.

checked their site no mention of changes. *: Force Motors LTD.
looks like they are .
Attached Thumbnails
What tractor should I buy?-tractor_orchard.jpg  

Old 25th December 2010, 10:40   #63
BHPian

I would suggest you to check the tractor in personal as web site may take time to update, already some 200 new ones are rolled out.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of tractors in Urban Bangalore for various uses like transposting people, water carriers, for carrying construction material. These vehicles manage very well in urban traffic, often overtaking luxury cars. And everyone gives way for a tractor. This gave me an idea of a perfect CEO carriage.
A tractor can be picked up at very low interest rate and has govt. subsidy. Also build a mini camper to be towed. Will this not provide the ultimate in affordable luxury. Its practical, will not be affected by govt. policy, and cheap.
Old 21st January 2023, 16:10   #65
BHPian

Anyone using a KUBOTA A211N tractor ? This is 4x4 21HP mini tractor. Let me know its prons and cons? And any better suggestion in the mini tractor range?
Old 21st January 2023, 16:37   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
Anyone using a KUBOTA A211N tractor ? This is 4x4 21HP mini tractor. Let me know its prons and cons? And any better suggestion in the mini tractor range?
Kubota by itself is a well known brand. IMO, one important point is to have the service centre not far from where you plan to use it. While the technicians may come and service the tractor, they too would have specified areas where they travel to.

ex: in Bangalore south, company service centres are there in/near Anekal. Not much in Harohalli, but you may have in Kanakapura or Ramnagara.

Else, at least some means to haul the tractor to the service centre in case required. Hiring another vehicle for such a trip would work out expensive.

Also, suitability of a particular brand in any place (for the soil type) can often be seen in the number of a company's tractors in that place.

Do you require a 4x4 ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 14:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Kubota by itself is a well known brand.
Do you require a 4x4 ?
Thank you very much for the details. Regarding 4x4, does this really useful for a mini tractor. To my understanding, tractors are designed to have maximum traction on the rear wheels. Is there any scenario, where those small front wheels can really help a tractor to pull out of situation?
Also which brand has least maintenance cost and better warranty coverage ? Is it Mahindra, Kubota or anything else? Thanks again.
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:39   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the details. Regarding 4x4, does this really useful for a mini tractor. To my understanding, tractors are designed to have maximum traction on the rear wheels. Is there any scenario, where those small front wheels can really help a tractor to pull out of situation?
Also which brand has least maintenance cost and better warranty coverage ? Is it Mahindra, Kubota or anything else? Thanks again.
My cousin used to have a service shop for John Deere. From my little understanding, the point about the newer brands like John Deere, Kubota etc is that these tractors are better if serviced by (company) trained mechanics, using specified oils and parts. TAFE, Mahindra, Eicher etc are easier to maintain in that respect.

The front tyres are for stability & turning. The rest of the work is done by the rear wheels.

What you could do is, for a bad case scenario, hire a tractor locally - most would be in the 3x hp range. Or a mini tractor, and see how they perform. You would spend about 900-1000 per hour rental for these, and you can judge if that can suffice.

These 4x2 tractor guys wont come if the land is slushy.

Unless one sees the actual situation where you plan to use, the suggestions are not going to be easy to come by. in the 2x hp range, the Indian brands have options - check them out. And btw, they can pull quite a bit.
(Back in our native, we have been long time owners of TAFE tractors.)
Old 2nd February 2023, 17:27   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding 4x4, does this really useful for a mini tractor. .
As I had mentioned, will need your exact use intention and land details to say anything, even if not fully qualified to answer your question. Points like what crop do you plan to have and the spacing between rows will also help.

A 4x2 tractor is basically an engine + gearbox, and the rear wheels driven directly from the gearbox. This simple construction is what makes them capable of loads despite their relatively lower torque and power.

Alternatively, check the Swaraj Code - while it's more a mechanised farm equipment, the height can be raised or lowered depending on the height of the crop.

Also, at least many tractors have separate left and right brakes - IIRC even the TAFE 241 (A small lever helps lock them together so that it can act like a single brake lever to act on both rear wheels together). This split also helps in turning the tractor, even if both front wheels are up in the air due to excess load at the back.

Last edited by condor : 2nd February 2023 at 17:29.
Old 2nd February 2023, 17:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Alternatively, check the Swaraj Code - while it's more a mechanised farm equipment, the height can be raised or lowered depending on the height of the crop.
Thank you very much for the details. I was checking the dealer network in our area. Looks like only Mahindra has a shop close to us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks