Team-BHP - The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/73523-indian-bus-scene-discuss-new-launches-market-info-here-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zed (Post 2728665)
The rear tyres turn (to a very slight degree) to the same direction as the front tyres at higher road speeds depending on the steering input - lane changes for instance. At lower speeds & sharp steering inputs ( turns, parking ) the 'opposite' rule applies, always. I assume this is true for CV 4 wheel steering systems as well.

What you said is absolutely true with the BMW Integral Active Steering. But I do not know if Volvo has brought the same concept to their buses.

Its hard to imagine a stable change in direction at high speeds with the rear wheels turning in the opposite direction to the steered wheels be it on a CV or a pascar. Only other option I can think of is that at higher speeds the rear axle does not steer at all.

I was watching the the new Tata motors corporate film on youtube. and found this. is it a scoop of future tata Ace?

RS Series - RAJADHANI on the road. Built by KSRTC Workshops.

New "yellow" bus fleet of keSRTC- RAJADHANI.
These buses are for RING SERVICE. 6 buses have been registered and 4 more to join the fleet by this week. These buses are the successors of Ananthapuri, Venad, Malabar and Thiru Kochi. The ring service is aimed at connecting villages with nearby towns.
Image credits KSRTC Blog - Kerala State RTC facebook page.
The first bus in RS series, RSK 01 is a RAJADHANI

Other Rajadhani buses RSC 18 and RNE 920

RNM 974 TATA Rajadhani

An un numbered AL Rajadhani

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnath (Post 2736862)
New "yellow" bus fleet of keSRTC- RAJADHANI.
These buses are for RING SERVICE. 6 buses have been registered and 4 more to join the fleet by this week. These buses are the successors of Ananthapuri, Venad, Malabar and Thiru Kochi. The ring service is aimed at connecting villages with nearby towns.

Q - Which transport corporation ruins its buses by painting them 60's psychedelic style?

A - KeSRTC!!!

Damn, this is such an abomination!!! Worse that the old Hi-tech buses lime green paint scheme.

This thread is hereby closed.

We love trucks & buses! Just like the Indian Car Scene section, where every car gets its own thread, we will now create a new thread for each commercial vehicle. Discussing multiple vehicles on a single thread leads to a diluted discussion; important vehicles might get lost in the middle of a multi-page thread.

Please create a new thread for every Commercial Vehicle worth discussing with other enthusiasts.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 804098)
Found these rotting in Goa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 805174)
good uou brought these up, it so bad buses like these are rotting when we dont have many decent buses on road

you must have found these buses on the road that goes to pernem, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 805233)
@Amatmao: Yep right opposite the glass fibre factory. There are a couple of them in a much better state in Margao. I will try and see if i can get any information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 730136)
There was also a pvt. operator named Unique coaches who used Kirloskar Neoplan buses for journeys between Bombay (Shivaji Park) and Goa. Tickets were at par to having a Volvo in those days. It was a fun journey in those buses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 730152)
Anybody have pics of the Kirloskar-Neoplan coach sold in India?

Source

Found this perfect rendition of Kirloskar Neoplan buses by Hemant Bhat:

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-kirloskar-neoplan-copy.jpeg