Team-BHP - Tata Ace sales cross 1,00,000 in 2009-10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata Ace sales cross 1,00,000 in 2009-10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/79534-tata-ace-sales-cross-1-00-000-2009-10-a.html)

The small CV from Tata, the Tata Ace has crossed sales of 1 lakh units in the year 2009-10

More info from the press release :

Quote:

Tata Ace becomes India’s first 1-lakh brand
in goods commercial vehicles

Mumbai, April 13, 2010: The Tata Ace has become India’s first 1-lakh brand in goods commercial vehicles.

In 2009-10, the sales of the Tata Ace crossed the 1-lakh mark to reach 110,032 units. It has thus become India’s only goods commercial vehicle to achieve the milestone.

The Tata Ace was launched in May 2005 as India’s first mini-truck with a sub-one tonne payload. Starting with sales of about 30,000 units in 2005-06, its footprint more than doubled in 2006-07 to over 70,000 and further grew to over 89,000 units in 2007-08. Even in 2008-09, a year impacted by the downturn in the commercial vehicles industry, the Tata Ace clocked sales of over 81,000 units.

With brand extensions, the Tata Ace portfolio now comprises the Ace, the Ace HT, the Ace Ex (with stop-start technology) and the Super Ace (I tonne).

In June 2007, Tata Motors had launched the Tata Magic, developed on the Ace platform, as a comfortable and safe four-wheeler for public transportation. The Tata Magic too is recording strong adoption in semi-urban and rural areas, and in 2009-10 its sales have touched close to 49,000 units, a growth of 71% over the previous year.

Taken together, sales of the Tata Ace and Tata Magic have crossed 150,000 units in 2009-10.

clap:clap:

I think this was one of their most successful LCV launch.

I beleive that the current trend has helped them to achieve this. I mean, you go to any corner and you will see drinking water sales in bottles. This one segment has actually boosted their sales like anything and made M&M loose their sleep.

This is like the TVS-50 of the olden days. Even a normal bunk shop-walas started to own this.

I should say hats off to the design team and the engineers of Tata Motors who were able to put forth a product like Ace in the market that helps to boost the economy. I doubt if the 3 wheeler counter parts(read likes of minidor) that existed prior to launch of ACE alone could have created such a market.

Hats off again to Tata Management for providing such a excellent product. Not just from the sales point but more from the fact that the product itself has been able to generate as much (100000 +) job opportunities in 2009-2010 alone. That in turn able to provide lively hood for as many households.

The Ace is indeed a well-thought out product. Also, using the same platform to spawn a people mover is a splendid idea.

A grouse i have noticed with most Aces' i see on the roads is that they are always on high-beam. I am not sure if the lighting in stock form on low beam is an issue, but on almost 90% of the occassions i come across an Ace in the night, it has the high-beam activated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1837458)
A grouse i have noticed with most Aces' i see on the roads is that they are always on high-beam. I am not sure if the lighting in stock form on low beam is an issue, but on almost 90% of the occassions i come across an Ace in the night, it has the high-beam activated.

May be most of the ACE drivers were just graduated from 3 wheelers, where high/low beam does not matter? Just a thought.

Hats off to the Tata Ace team. Even now they do not have a competition. Ace created its own segment and leading now.

Kudos to the TATA for creating such a product. I remember my dad saying that the engine design (mono block something) was revolutionary and the maker a young lad was commended etc etc. Aahh.. if only TATA could train how it should be driven and put up a sticker in the cabin saying "To be driven on the left hand side of the road only".

When the Ace was launched did anyone imagine the success that eventually followed? This is an example of an independent thinking company trying to tailor its products to what people want rather than trying to make a product and sell it somehow.

Now only if the full launch of Superace is completed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1837458)
A grouse i have noticed with most Aces' i see on the roads is that they are always on high-beam.

Oh.. whoa.. And I thought I am the only one who thought so. The lights on these trucks are always dazzling.

My theory was. These small trucks are always overloaded and it sinks from the rear turning the dipper into hi-beam.

But some empty ones also always have theirs on high beam. I wonder.

Kudos to TATA Engineering for creating a wonderful product, well Nano is a league apart.

I have seen Ace's carrying more than 2 tons of payload and used to think, come on this is not a mini truck! You can very well call it a Truck.

I have personally sent to deliver some goods for 400 Kms far, the next day the ACE was back, the vehicle looked "Was that it?".

No wonder it has smoked all its competitors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Drive (Post 1838234)
Kudos to TATA Engineering for creating a wonderful product, well Nano is a league apart.

I have seen Ace's carrying more than 2 tons of payload and used to think, come on this is not a mini truck! You can very well call it a Truck.

I have personally sent to deliver some goods for 400 Kms far, the next day the ACE was back, the vehicle looked "Was that it?".

No wonder it has smoked all its competitors.

I agree, my friend shifted his entire household items in an ACE from Bangaore to Kannur (one of the toughest route:D).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1838108)
My theory was. These small trucks are always overloaded and it sinks from the rear turning the dipper into hi-beam.

The theory of head lamp leveller is forgotten I believe..lol:

I remember reading in Autocar India about how the Ace had aspirational value in rural India. The fact that it had four wheels, rather than the common 3 wheelers, lent it an aura of superiority. That along with the fact that it was robust and economical, at the same time looked a lot better than anything else out there, made sure that Tata hit a home run with this one.

It's funny, that the people involved with it's design and engineering and development are not half as well known as Girish Wagh and his team that developed the Nano. Perhaps the Ace did a lot more for Tata Motor's bottomline than the Nano, but the Nano certainly got them a lot more press.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1849689)
I remember reading in Autocar India about how the Ace had aspirational value in rural India. The fact that it had four wheels, rather than the common 3 wheelers, lent it an aura of superiority. That along with the fact that it was robust and economical, at the same time looked a lot better than anything else out there, made sure that Tata hit a home run with this one.

It's funny, that the people involved with it's design and engineering and development are not half as well known as Girish Wagh and his team that developed the Nano. Perhaps the Ace did a lot more for Tata Motor's bottomline than the Nano, but the Nano certainly got them a lot more press.

I think this was Forbes first. Link to Original Article here: The Next People's Car - Forbes.com

All said and done, this is one fantastic product - Tata got it right literally from the word go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashanthyr (Post 1849701)
I think this was Forbes first. Link to Original Article here: The Next People's Car - Forbes.com

All said and done, this is one fantastic product - Tata got it right literally from the word go.

Thanks for the link, appreciate it, and I loved reading it.