Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 09:39   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Any idea about the timings of these buses from Pune?
They don't have a fixed timing. I have seen them in Dadar and Pune at odd times. A separate drop down doesn't exist for the booking and you could get a multi-axle bus even when you choose Shivneri.

Quote:
Also i had read that MSRTC also have Mercedes buses in their line up now. Any info. about the timings of those as well.
They have a couple of them. A Volvo travel is far superior to Mercedes.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th August 2011 at 09:44.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
They don't have a fixed timing. I have seen them in Dadar and Pune at odd times. A separate drop down doesn't exist for the booking and you could get a multi-axle bus even when you choose Shivneri.

They have a couple of them only. A Volvo travel is far superior to Mercedes.
Thanks for the info moralfibre.

I checked the time-table on the MSRTC website and in the 24 hour window it does not list Ashwamedh or Mercedes. Only options are Volvo, Mahabus and Semi. Funnily on the home page they have put the snap of the Ashwamedh service but no information on how to book it.

Just wanted to try out Mercedes for a change for a different experience.

Anyway would just book the tickets and see if i am lucky. There is heavy rush for tickets over the long weekend. Actually wanted to go by train and yesterday itself Pragati express showed WL of 25.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway would just book the tickets and see if i am lucky. There is heavy rush for tickets over the long weekend. Actually wanted to go by train and yesterday itself Pragati express showed WL of 25.
So Amit, did you book the tickets? Did you notice any difference? The rates have gone up exhorbitantly. 330/- (including booking charges, ONE WAY)

As if things weren't bad enough to upset our budget, this is one more fatal blow to take us middle-class IT joes Below-Poverty-Line.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
So Amit, did you book the tickets? Did you notice any difference? The rates have gone up exhorbitantly. 330/- (including booking charges, ONE WAY)

As if things weren't bad enough to upset our budget, this is one more fatal blow to take us middle-class IT joes Below-Poverty-Line.
Now the one way trip for me and my son cost me Rs.495. So actually taking my diesel vehicle would also have been roughly the same cost (maybe slightly more). So if 2 adults travelling in a bus does not work out to be cheaper now.

But then driving in the rainy season on the roads other than the expressway is a pain.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the timings of these buses from Pune?

Also i had read that MSRTC also have Mercedes buses in their line up now. Any info. about the timings of those as well.

Planning to go to Mumbai on Saturday morning in a bus for a change to enjoy the beauty as well as to avoid damage to the car because of craters on Mumbai roads after the expressway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

They have a couple of them. A Volvo travel is far superior to Mercedes.
Hello, Yes, MSRTC has about 6 Mercedes buses in their fleet, and they are MH06 and MH12 registered buses on a wet lease. The first Ashwamedha used to depart Dadar at 0545 and be at Maitri Park at 0600 sharp. But now that one of the two has been in an unfortunate accident, I do not know what the latest timings are. But most probably, the remaining one Ashwamedha should be running at the same time (0545) to ease the morning rush. Regards, Aalok
aalokg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 19:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
So if 2 adults travelling in a bus does not work out to be cheaper now.

But then driving in the rainy season on the roads other than the expressway is a pain.
Bus is CHEAPER. Dont forget you will be paying TOLL when you travel in your own car. And the hassel of driving in the monsoons.

Rgds
Old 9th August 2011, 21:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Bus is CHEAPER. Dont forget you will be paying TOLL when you travel in your own car. And the hassel of driving in the monsoons.

Rgds
Since its rainy season, you mostly dont feel the heat untill you cross belapur on the way to mumbai.

IMO purple white MSRTC buses 2 by 2 are the cheapest and quite comfortable to travel during rains.

Cost - 173 rs per person from Swargate - dadar.
If you catch it @ wakad its only 152 rs.

Last edited by silverado : 9th August 2011 at 21:24.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Rgds
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Since its rainy season, you mostly dont feel the heat untill you cross belapur on the way to mumbai.

IMO purple white MSRTC buses 2 by 2 are the cheapest and quite comfortable to travel during rains.

Cost - 173 rs per person from Swargate - dadar.
If you catch it @ wakad its only 152 rs.
Nandu Sir, welcome back. Great to hear from you again.

Yes even with Toll Bus would only be slightly cheaper.

Toll = Rs.165 (Expressway) + Rs.30 (Vashi) = Rs. 195

Diesel = 156 KMS/20 KMPL = 7.8 Litres * Rs.45/Litre = 351

Total = Rs. 195 + 351 = Rs.546

I hope i am not missing any additional expense.

I paid Rs.495 for one way trip for 1 adult and 1 child ticket. So if 2 adults travel it would work out to be more than Rs.546

But i agree that it is less stressful.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nandu Sir, welcome back. Great to hear from you again.

Yes even with Toll Bus would only be slightly cheaper.

Toll = Rs.165 (Expressway) + Rs.30 (Vashi) = Rs. 195

Diesel = 156 KMS/20 KMPL = 7.8 Litres * Rs.45/Litre = 351

Total = Rs. 195 + 351 = Rs.546

I hope i am not missing any additional expense.

I paid Rs.495 for one way trip for 1 adult and 1 child ticket. So if 2 adults travel it would work out to be more than Rs.546

But i agree that it is less stressful.
The above is valid only if you have
1) Diesel car
2) Which Averages 20 kmpl

If you calculate the same for petrol car averaging 15kmpl, it comes out to be 68/15 = 4.5 rs per km * 160 kms = 725rs one way. + 190 toll = 915rs.

Now even if the count is 2, bus is a winner by long margin.
Shivneri - 320*2 = 640 + 100 ( taxi /auto ) = 740!

With purple-white 2*2 savings are much more substantial.

The equation tilts towards CAR only if 4 are travelling and i dont think driving is stressfull on E-way.E way is at its most scenic in rains.

Have done PUNE-MUMBAI-PUNE in 1 day in a NANO.
Old 9th August 2011, 23:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. The above is valid only if you have
1) Diesel car
2) Which Averages 20 kmpl

2. I dont think driving is stressfull on E-way.

3. E way is at its most scenic in rains.
1. Yes the equation is valid for the above 2 points hence i had mentioned in my first post "travelling in my diesel car"

2. E-Way is not stressful. But only the stretch after one crosses the E-Way especially in monsoon.

3. I agree. It is most scenic so this time decided to take the bus. Otherwise twice a month i travel in my car.
Old 10th August 2011, 06:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

Shivneri Buses these days have badly scrapped lower body.
Yet to try Shivneri Merc.

Ashwamedh is so long , driver really needs some skill while taking it out from dadar bus stand which is now below the flyover.

MSRTC can seriously think of buying double decker AC luxury buses and using them on weekends only.

It would be great to be seated in one of them and passing through lonavla in rains.
Old 10th August 2011, 07:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:

MSRTC can seriously think of buying double decker AC luxury buses and using them on weekends only.

It would be great to be seated in one of them and passing through lonavla in rains.
Though the idea is good double deckers may not pass through the tunnels on e way and Lonavala.

Rgds
Old 12th August 2011, 17:49   #73
BHPian

^^^ Ha ha ha . Nice one to point out.

A road-rail may be other option. I still remember, about 20 years back MSRTC has two buses connected on busy routes. The second bus used to be like a trailor attached to the front bus.

I guess, BEST in mumbai have such buses plying on Western Express highway
Old 12th August 2011, 17:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
A road-rail may be other option. I still remember, about 20 years back MSRTC has two buses connected on busy routes. The second bus used to be like a trailor attached to the front bus.
I guess, BEST in mumbai have such buses plying on Western Express highway
Good idea! by the way whatever happened to the Karjat Panvel rail link? Is it cancelled?
Old 12th October 2011, 16:06   #75
BHPian

I has booked a Mumbai-Pune ticket from redBus yesterday for Purple travels 12th Oct 2011 - pick up from Nerul at 10:55am ticket no. TDB776728984, seat no 2.
The bus did not come on time and when we called the Purple numbers mentioned on the ticket, each time they said the bus would come in 5-10 mins. We must have called the Purple guys atleast 10-15 times to check. Finally then bus arrived at 12.30pm almost 1:40mins late.
My mother who was to travel by that bus was tired and exhausted waiting in the hot sun for such a long time.
Moreover when the bus did arrive it was not the Purple Volvo which I had booked online, instead a Konduskar bus had come instead!!
Pathetic customer service and absolutely no regard for the committed time. Thumbs down for Purple!!
Freaky_Sid!! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks