Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2011, 22:04   #16
BHPian

Re: 2nd Bus & Special Vehicle Expo 2011: 9-12 March 2011: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

@Julupani

One of the reasons you might be positive about the Divo is that the initial batch of Tata Hispanos, as I understand, were decently successful in north especially Orissa and Punjab. South, on the other hand has only a couple of demo buses running around, of which one met with a high speed accident! Naturally the awareness is much lesser.

Also, with the proper commercial launch Tata might start emphasizing all the regions.

The Divo from Pininfarina is a stunner IMHO also. Particularly it looks good on an Iveco chassis!
Old 14th March 2011, 07:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd Bus & Special Vehicle Expo 2011: 9-12 March 2011: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

I dont know about Punjab, the older Tata Hispano Globus is definitely not popular in Orissa. The only operator of Volvos and Tata Hispano I know of in our state is the OTDC like I mentioned earlier.
Old 14th March 2011, 07:38   #18
BHPian

Its definitely not popular. But I understand that the reception was decent in Orissa. There are a few units running in Punjab as well. For a bus which was not actively promoted, it is not bad.

The main problem with Volvos is that they cost an arm to maintain after the first four or five years of honeymoon. Tata might have an opportunity here.
Old 14th March 2011, 08:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_kj View Post
Guys .. Here are some pictures from the bus show in Hyderabad..
Thanks George_kj for the pictures. But looks like the front is not different from the earlier Tata Hispano buses. Just the addition of new Engine? But the interior looks and finising is much better than the earlier version.

Was there a multi axle version also on display? Some where read, TM is building a Multi axle version of the same model.

If the quality is good, 300 units per year target (2012) is easily achievable. Couple of large orders from few large operators is good enough, Similar to the strategy adopted for Prima trucks.
Old 14th March 2011, 09:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

@trapezio
Well considering the almost complete lack of marketing for the bus, I have to agree that reception is good in Orissa. There are probably more Tata Hispano Globuses registered in Orissa, than Volvo B9Rs and B7Rs.

@teamveevee

The front is pretty much the same, the only changes being the flow design RVM stalks and the different badging, a central Divo replacing the Tata and Globus badges on either side. The only other visual changes seem to be the extra grills at the back for cooling of the larger engine.

What I would like to know is whether the engine offered is the ISLe or the ISBe? I hope it is the ISLe considering that volumes will remain low allowing for CIL Pune to meet demands easily. The 8.9L ISLe will also mean an easy and small change to increase power output upto 400hp to support longer multi axle buses as well.

I also expect Tata to concentrate on larger orders, from the large operators and STCs. After gaining a strong footing and building a brand, smaller operators will start to come in as well.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:34   #21
BHPian

Would Love to see the following beauties from the TATA Hispano Stable in India..
Naya & Xerus

Picture Courtesy :- TATA HISPANO
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Bus & Special Vehicle Expo 2011: 9-12 March 2011: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh-tata_hispano_naya.jpg  

2nd Bus & Special Vehicle Expo 2011: 9-12 March 2011: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh-tata_hispano_xerus.jpg  

Old 14th March 2011, 17:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Err, is that MAN sporting a beard from Linea?
Old 14th March 2011, 17:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

If my memory serves me right, the first pic and the 2nd pic are the same model. The 1st in concept stage and the 2nd in final production shape. The model name I think is Xerus.

Note the usage of Tata Prima headlamp clusters and for lamps in the final production bus. A few other things in use in Tata Prima trucks have found their way on to to the latest offerings from Tata Hispano.

@amtak

Does look like the Linea/Punto grille. But this is a bespoke design made for Tata Hispano. Like the previous bus the Hispano Divo, which is the base behind the Indian Tata Divo, may be the Xerus was also designed by Pininfarina.

Last edited by julupani : 14th March 2011 at 17:25.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
If my memory serves me right, the first pic and the 2nd pic are the same model. The 1st in concept stage and the 2nd in final production shape. The model name I think is Xerus.

Note the usage of Tata Prima headlamp clusters and for lamps in the final production bus. A few other things in use in Tata Prima trucks have found their way on to to the latest offerings from Tata Hispano.

@amtak

Does look like the Linea/Punto grille. But this is a bespoke design made for Tata Hispano. Like the previous bus the Hispano Divo, which is the base behind the Indian Tata Divo, may be the Xerus was also designed by Pininfarina.
The First One is the newly introduced model called Naya (TATA HISPANO) and the one which I had posted is built on a Volvo Chassis...

The Second one is Called Xerus....and these two are the latest launches in the Coach Segment from TATA Hispano..Divo has been around for some time now...
Old 14th March 2011, 21:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Volvo looks very nice, but a little laid back and subtle in its design. Also, the bus which already costed 85+lakhs, will probably end up costing close to 1crore with the i-shift. Who will buy this??

The Tata Divo, primary instrument cluster, looks a lot better than the Volvo's and miles ahead of the Isuzu.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. For me, any day, from any angle, the Volvo 9400 looks infinitely better than the Tata Divo. It's that laid back, subtle aggression that makes the Volvos look so menacingly brilliant. Whatever may be the cost, the Volvos are bound to rule the roost in India atleast for the next few years. 'Volvo' has become a "journey class" in India (just like AC 3 Tier and 2 Tier in trains).
Old 15th March 2011, 10:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Pics from 2nd Bus & Special Vehicle Expo 2011: 9-12 March 2011: Hyderabad

Happened to stumble upon this in internet. More pictures from the expo
https://picasaweb.google.com/rcrao.b...2011Hyderabad#Courtesy: Cv---- Chandu..Picassaweb.
Looks like 2 other Tata buses were on display, including a new Tata Globus
Old 15th March 2011, 11:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

There was a new Tata Statbus, but the white bus I think is just another design from ACGL and not a new Globus. It looks to me like the same design as the school buses exported to some middle east country.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also expect Tata to concentrate on larger orders, from the large operators and STCs. After gaining a strong footing and building a brand, smaller operators will start to come in as well.
But this will definitely not going to be a easy task that too to the level of selling in hundreds.
Still puzzled about their sales chart, with so much variants and options they are not able to gain a leadership position in bus segment.

TIV itself will be not more than 600(Intercity segment alone) and volvo having more than 85% market share tata may end up selling few buses at the end of year.
Here the most imoprtant point is market is shifting towards multi axles rather than single axle. Multi axles are outselling single axles for past 10 months atleast.
Lets watch!

Last edited by Ashley2 : 16th March 2011 at 16:28.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

I think, if you leave out the chassis-only buses, Tata will be the leader in the bus segment isnt it??

But anyway, here the discussion is about the luxury segment, which is a different cup of tea all together. It is definitely poised for some serious competition, where Tata finds itself on the opposite end of the competition from where it is in the truck sector,ie facing a heavily entrenched market leader.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think, if you leave out the chassis-only buses, Tata will be the leader in the bus segment isnt it??
Are you speaking about the Marcopolo's?
But that figure also includes in the over all MDV buses.

Quote:
But anyway, here the discussion is about the luxury segment, which is a different cup of tea all together. It is definitely poised for some serious competition, where Tata finds itself on the opposite end of the competition from where it is in the truck sector,ie facing a heavily entrenched market leader.
completely agree with you mate.

Tata is really aggressive in this segment and hope to see some good numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks