Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 14:58   #16
BHPian

re: Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)

Thanks Honda_Monk and everyone else for this thread. Got my black Swift sorted out there a week ago. I had major corrosion on my roof and bonnet, one significant ding near the rear left wheel arch and had a major dent on my rear bumper.

The roof and bonnet was repainted. Same was the case with both the bumpers and he touched up the rest of the panels. The quality of work is quite outstanding and it cost me 13K. I'll probably send my Gypsy to him when I can find the time.

The only downside was that he'd initially committed to delivering the vehicle in 4-days and promised me that he'd start the work on the car the same day I'd left it with him. Two-days later when I'd dropped by to check on the car they'd not even started work on it, nor did they call me up and tell me there'd be a delay.

He did get an earful from me about that and delivered the car on the next agreed deadline as promised. Will recommend Munna/Guddu to anyone, but be prepared to check on the work than wait till the delivery date. He's also flooded with work at the moment, so there's little parking space and they're struggling to finish all the work they have. So do check with them about their existing workloads before you send the vehicle there.
Old 27th March 2013, 15:46   #17
BHPian

Its great to know that forum mates are getting work done with pleasure. Well I am also due to visit him in coming week.
A stupid biker scratched his handle and some minor scratches.
Old 29th March 2013, 12:47   #18
BHPian

Adding a few pictures for reference. Sorry, don't have any pictures of the state of the car before the work was done.

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0025.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0026.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0027.jpg
codelust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 22:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Having tried 2 of the places listed in TBHP directory in the past and discussing with a couple of people on the forum, yesterday on March 29th, I decided to leave for my car for a paint job at Bright Motors. I got in touch with the guy on phone (Thanks Honda Monk for the details and this thread! ) and dropped my car after having some long discussion on how they are going to approach the job.

Overall, my 1st impression was good about the place, as there were quite a few cars lined up to be worked upon. Below is a pic of Merc C Class the guys were working on.
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-017.jpg

We did end up discussing the cars belonging to various BHPians, the Blue City vtec, a Beemer and most recently a Black Swift (of codelust, mentioned in the above post).

Below is the list of the work I have asked them to do on the car.

- Take out both bumpers, to discard the old body kit (which was damaged courtesy Delhi's lovely lovely traffic) and to fit the new skirts.
- Re-spray the whole car with the same Carbon Bronze shade (as I am tired of trying different places, which despite several attempts, aren't able to match the original color perfectly). At this point, I must say that I still toyed the idea of changing the car's color to Milano Red or the Cool Blue shade of FD Civic Type-R but refrained from going ahead as I was told the process to be whole lot messier and difficulties enlisted to get the change noted on RC.
- To paint the roof of the car glossy Black.
- To repair the slightly broken rear spoiler courtesy a Toofan Mail biker who hit the car hard from the back.
- To Get the interiors of the car dry cleaned (Especially the inner roof linings).
- To look upon any minor work that shows up once they outstrip the car panels.

I was given a quote of INR 24000 +/- 2000 and a timeline of April 9th for the work. Let's hope they turn worthy of all the appraise they have gathered here on the forum. Unfortunately, I do not have any recent pic of my car to make the pre/post work comparisons. However, I will keep everyone posted how the car turns out to be, because being the sole driver, I exactly know what's wrong with the car and where. Watch this space!
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 00:08   #20
BHPian

Hey Ace, I hope you get your work done with more than expectation result.
Mercs and Bavarians are regular there.
I am also going to drop my car next week for touch up job.

Last edited by Honda Monk : 31st March 2013 at 00:09.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Hello All

Got my swift Zdi OEM alloys painted from here , i find price on higher side . Munna qouted 5500 rupees for 5 alloys , which i feel its very high . The whole car is getting painted for 24000 and he is quoting 5500 for 5 alloys . When i gave my alloys , he was not around and we had conversation over phone . I thought he told me 1555 for 5 alloys , and when i went there he said it was 5500 . This all happened due to miss communication between us . Well in the end i paid 4500 , and which i still i think it not VFM price . Quality of paint and finish is good , Ace F355 was also around there when i went to collect the alloys . One more problem which i also felt was the time he gave was 6th april evening to collect , but i got a call in the morning that it will get late by a day .

Money which i paid for the alloys is worth it or not , that time will tell . I will keep updating you all after a month of usage . Here are the pictures of my alloys painted in galaxy grey . Hope money spent is worth it .
Attached Thumbnails
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20130407_200853.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20130408_135715.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20130408_135724.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20130408_141400.jpg  

Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 09:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

All right, time to put a quick review!

One thing you need to make sure with Bright Motors, to keep pushing them and push them hard!

Will post the whole story later some day, here are the quickies.

To keep it short without getting into every nooks and crannies of the whole chapter, I was supposed to pick up the car by the end of 8th April as I left the car with them on 29th March (11 days timeline). I visited them every alternate day to see the progress! 8 days gone, no progress except some denting which was done on 31st March itself! Reached there on Sat, 6th April and finally I lost it. I gave them a full piece of my mind about the work progress and warned about the timeline they have given me. 3 days on their bums and finally, they handed over the car to me... at 11 PM in the night!!! Kudos to their work spirit (once they get it going), man.

Quick Ratings for Bright Motors:

1) Communication: 3/5 - the guys (Munna and Guddu) although smooth to talk, take up a lot of time to soak up all what kind of work you want from them!
2) Paint Job: 4/5 - Well, I have this to hand it to them! Definitely one of the better re-paint jobs I have seen on cars! Seriously, I was so apprehensive about quality and finish as they were wrapping up the job last night around 11 PM. One thorough look on the paint job this morning and most of my worries are gone. Sure, a few places need 'little attention', 99.9% of the car is finished good and with proper care.
3) Cleanliness of the premises: 3/5 - Average I guess, like almost all of them, they get cars painted in the open. So, dust and wind blown sprays droplets are free gifts on your newly painted car! Yet, they make sure none of these creepy things make it to the final product which is to be hand over to the customer.
4) Price: 4/5 - Well, I have been to a couple of paint shops, and given the quality of the work, the price is one of the things that will make you smile on the inside.

Here is the break up of the work I got done on my car:

- Full re-spray of Carbon Bronze on whole car + Gloss Black paint on the Roof.
- Front and Rear Skirts paint job + Fitment
- Thorough Cleaning of the interiors (Dry cleaning of the inner Roof Lining)
- One Alloy Repair (The guy outsourced this job, I have the details which I will post later on) as it had gone bad due to running over a piece of brick at high speeds (it was night time and I was on a winding road, so couldn't see the brick). Thankfully, the tyre didn't give up, but the alloy got bent quite seriously.
- Repaint of the 5 alloys (Glossy Black).
- Other small touch up jobs here and there!

Total amount that I paid was... INR 28,500! Amazing deal considering going to Pandit's for the same would have costed me about one Lac (yep, you read it right).

@ Safari-Beast: paaji, I think apart from your mis-communication with them, the price that you and I paid was about right! I also paid INR 4500 for my paintjob on the alloys. I have got this done before as well (matte black on my stock Civic alloys) from Phil's shop and I had paid INR 1000 a piece even at that time. And to add to that, I think the alloys will look sexy on a white Swift. Put on a few more pics and I am sure most people will agree with me on this!

Anyway, here are a few pics of the car here for your Car'nal' pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-001.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-002.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-003.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-004.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-005.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-006.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-007.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-008.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-009.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-010.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-011.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-012.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-013.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 09:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rohit, nice to see your shark getting back in open water . 28K for whole repaint is dirt cheap. As I mentioned to you earlier, Pandit quoted me 32K just for painting the side, from and back skirts and fitting. One thing, the shade and tone in the first few pictures look very good/artistic, but in your latter pictures in the parking lot, the color is quite flat. Is it because of sunlight?

I have a small scratch on my door and need to repaint it. I think I will give them a try.
Old 9th April 2013, 10:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

@ iTNerd: Well, I am not able to spend enough time with the car now a days, yet I try to enjoy as much as I can, when I can.

Just give them a call and team bhp's reference for mine and other cars, and ask them for strict timelines. I bet they will say 2 days at least no matter how small the scratch is.

About the pics, sir 1st few WIP pics are of the original color without lacquer (Protective Clear Coating), hence the matte color and it does look spectacular in real. But won't survive without lacquer for more then a few days. Last pics in the parking lot were clicked earlier this morning and are of the final product.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 9th April 2013 at 10:25.
Old 9th April 2013, 13:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk
Hey Ace, I hope you get your work done with more than expectation result.
Mercs and Bavarians are regular there.
I am also going to drop my car next week for touch up job.
The workshop does get a fair share of good cars to work upon. In past 3 days here is what I have seen them working on: 2 Superbs, 1 CRV, 1 Captiva, 2 Endeavours, 1 Outlander, 3 Swifts and what not!

He was telling last week he worked upon a Jag XF and on a Porsche 911 in March!
Old 9th April 2013, 16:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
@ Safari-Beast: paaji, I think apart from your mis-communication with them, the price that you and I paid was about right! I also paid INR 4500 for my paintjob on the alloys. I have got this done before as well (matte black on my stock Civic alloys) from Phil's shop and I had paid INR 1000 a piece even at that time. And to add to that, I think the alloys will look sexy on a white Swift. Put on a few more pics and I am sure most people will agree with me on this!

Anyway, here are a few pics of the car here for your Car'nal' pleasure.
Hello Ace F355

You must be right , as i have never given car for paint job . Will be giving my swift for touch up job of my swift bonnet . Well your civic is looking smashing and hot as it used to be in old days . We can meet up for some photo shoot session in coming weekend with anshuman if you are free .
Old 9th April 2013, 23:50   #27
BHPian

Nice work it came out ACE.
Munna and company is a saviour.
I had seen your car being worked on last week when passing the workshop but couldn't stop.
Few months back as well he had done a bumper and fender job for another jag.
I don't know when work will spare me to get my car touch up done.
Old 10th April 2013, 14:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Ace F355

You must be right , as i have never given car for paint job . Will be giving my swift for touch up job of my swift bonnet . Well your civic is looking smashing and hot as it used to be in old days . We can meet up for some photo shoot session in coming weekend with anshuman if you are free .
Thank you sir, lets plan something around our next TBHP Meet in Gurgaon. We all have discussed early Morning drive idea, lets work upon it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Nice work it came out ACE.
Munna and company is a saviour.
I had seen your car being worked on last week when passing the workshop but couldn't stop.
Few months back as well he had done a bumper and fender job for another jag.
I don't know when work will spare me to get my car touch up done.
Thank you Honda Monk for guiding me to these guys. I repeat it again, although their work is excellent , their organizational skills are still infancy!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 14:27   #29
BANNED

The best experts are normally found in hidden nooks and crannies. So I am not surprised.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 01:20   #30
BHPian

My Aveo was rear ended by a Fortuner, I landed up at Munna's workshop early in the morning around 8 AM and got my car ready in the evening by 6 PM. Bumper repair and paint cost me around Rs 3500 few months back. Initially I was very impressed by the work as I could not even make out where the damage was and color match was also up to the mark. Few months down the line I have noticed the paint has turned yellowish at least from one end as I am easily able to notice the difference !!

Will post latest pics ASAP

Pic of initial damage
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_2699v.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks