Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 17:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Modifications & Repairs : Speedsport (Delhi)

Hmmmm interesting discussion.

I have the following observations to make which may or may not be totally with the flow or otherwise !

I had got my Swift TC'd from Speed Sport & yes it took time to do. The results of the same have been totally amazing though ! Yes it did not happen in the promised week, but then the parts had not reached - so there was precious little Speed Sport could have done to change that.

I got the car serviced a few days ago & it came back running like a dream & some more Me totally happy with the work that was done.

I have had 2 of my Pajeros serviced there, suspension upgrades etc etc - never really had a problem. But one needs to understand that a workshop is a workshop, it can NOT run with clock like precision (as far as time frame is concerned)

My Octavia was serviced there post warranty, no issues again. YES there were times certain parts took some time to come, but then that is NOT in the hands of the workshop - as the parts are sourced not manufactured in house

All in all my experience has been very positive overall, a small glitch (read delay) here & there - one has to accept as this is usually the case at most workshops. What one has to accept is that one goes there or to any X Y Z one should allow for some time over-run..

The work is done professionally, that we will have to accept, as I persoanlly have seen over various cars & many years. Infact mine was the FIRST car that was performance enhanced at Speed Sport.

Lastly for those that do not wish to get work done there - I am sure Phil would be perfectly fine with that, as his garage is any which way overflowing most times !! Let us be reasonable in our expectations !

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 19th November 2012 at 17:27.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 19:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Moderator Warning : Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving, and any mention of alcohol. Hence, posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Please read our rules carefully before proceeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport
now to address my long lost friend Manveet -
I am sorry if my mail sounded harsh - in retrospect I feel it could have been toned down. There is no personal grudge I have against you. Simply put - you disrespected me, my time, and my trust on you. I am not the only friend you'll lose if your service orientation does not change.

Having said that, please see me responses below.

Quote:
yes we made and exhaust system for him. this was close to 2 years back or more. at that time we had made a couple of exhausts for 2.4 accords owners with great gains, soo i find it surprizing that after 2 years he makes a comment on the performance aspect of the job done.
It was less than 2 years ago. February 2011 to be precise.

Just to clarify - I have no hangups with the work done on the Accord or the performance issues. Gains. No gains. It's all cool. Part of the game we all sign up for the minute we take the first steps toward modification.

What was unacceptable is the way you completely avoided my phone calls when I used to call you regarding delay in delivery of the exhaust system, the way you'd blatantly lie that you were in some other part of town and then cross past me a few minutes later.

Then there was this day when I landed up at your garage unannounced at 9:30AM since you were not responding to calls and waited for 2 hours for your mechanics to arrive. Called you at least 30 times in these 2 hours. Even called you with your mechanic standing in front of me but you still did not pick up the phone. Then I forced your mechanic to call you from his cell and you picked up the phone on the second ring. And then you clearly refused to come on the line and speak to me.

I apologize for not putting this up on the forum earlier, if that is what you are implying. It's just that work has been hectic and I hardly use my Accord since I got the ML350. The Thar I bought a month ago as a hobby vehicle got me back on the forum and I chanced on this thread. So that's all the story there is to it.

Quote:
in the 1st instance you didnt take the parts at the time of delivery because the mid section pipe was too big.
That is untrue.

In case I was not taking it the same day, I would have made a plan to pick it up on an alternate day. Better still, I would have chopped it in two and taken it with me - can always get it welded again.

Fact is that I did not collect it same day as it slipped my mind. I called you up on the phone 45 mins after delivery but you didn't answer. So then I called you mechanic and he said - no problem sir, you can come in 5-10 days to pick it up.

Quote:
regarding old exhaust parts at the time of delivering the car with our exhaust system i had brought to his notice that stock exhaust parts are here please taken them if you want or else they will be given away as scrap (common practise in the workshop industry)
That is untrue.

I followed up religiously for 2 months post delivery. Since you were too busy to pick up or even return calls, most of my communication happened with your staff.

In fact, when my dholki went kaput just 1 month after delivery, and I was at your garage for repairs (you were again not present despite prior appointment) I insisted to your mechanics to try to find my Accord OE exhaust. To give them credit, they did make an attempt by moving a few things here and there, but were unsuccessful in locating the exhaust. I simply gave up after another month or so. Time is money. The followup for the stock exhaust was just not worth it.

Quote:
you call me 8 months later and ask for the parts i cant help you here. we do 10-15 exhaust systems a month and if i dont give heaps of junk away every 3 months then i'll have to get a whole new place to stock junk... which dosnt make sense to me.
Again, not the truth. Where did you conjure the 8 month figure from? I got my FFE installed in Feb 2011 and have never dialed anyone at Speedsport after May 2011.

Quote:
now regarding your suspension query... you asked if Tein had a solution for the accord given that we are dealers for Tein i told you instantly that the Indian distributor didnt have a off the shelf solution for the accord but Tein globally did have a solution and i had the Indian distributor give me a quote for the same. to which you said you could get a relative to hand carry it from the states and requested me to give you the exact part number for the, i got you the same from the american dealer with exact part numbers and even contact website. post which i didnt hear from you.
I asked you for "some" solution, you recommended Tien. I even remember following up for pricing and being inwardly surprised why a quote was taking so long. You eventually gave me a quote which was way over my budget and chapter was closed. Rest everything about the american dealer and part no. etc. is a figment of your imagination. I have no relatives in the US at all. Not then. Not now.

But yes, we did speak about a bull-bar for the ML350. You said you'd give me contacts in DXB, I said great - I have relatives there who could get it for me. But again, I never got any contacts from you.

Damn, now that I am summarizing all the follow-ups I did, it does seem unreal.

Quote:
lastly regarding my legal back ground and technicall jargon that i gave you you asked me if i was an engineer > to which i replied. and in no other context did i add to that.
Fair enough. You're right on this one.

Quote:
technical jargon > you asked me to lower the car why cant we simply cut the spring and lower it using the stock damper.
Again, not the truth.

Not even in my wildest imagination can I think of asking anyone about "cutting" the spring.

Quote:
to which i replied appropiatly that your ride would be really bad and you would have bump steer at speed and eventually the stock damper will blow due to obvious reasons did i say anythign else ? yes little did i know you were and engineer because after reading your recent post i totally refuse to belive you are one .
So many things that you have said in your posts above are so far from reality, do you really think it matters what you believe or refuse to believe.

Quote:
to all other fellow tbhpians as a enthusiast and later a workshop owner i'd like to say this. automotive forums are a great way to interact with fellow enthusiasts and for outlets like mine to do work be praised for it or critisized for the same. but to use a forum to to try and corner or pressurise someone is not right.
We absolutely agree with you Phil. No matter what each one of us is doing in life, we are all trying hard to make it big, and for tuners like you this is bread and butter - and I respect that.

You may be great at what you do, or a great guy to hang out with - as is evident from the endorsements you've got from customers who have got a hell of a lot done from you, and even accompanied you on countrywide road-trips.

But it's the little customers like us, who spent only 18K of hard earned money on an exhaust, but still want to be treated like it was 18L. We're important too.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2012 at 12:22. Reason: See Note in your post
manveet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 20:54   #18
BHPian

well manveet you can say what you want but what i said is absolutly true. now you can say it can be a figment of my imagination. but then this is my point.

as far as small customer and big customer stands no such partialiaty prevails at work. for what work i do/did i stand by. people have a problem then i'll sort it out people have other ideas over and above relating to the issue then thats their choice and i dont have to stand by it.
Old 20th November 2012, 01:31   #19
BHPian

Moderator Warning : Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving, and any mention of alcohol. Hence, posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Please read our rules carefully before proceeding.

So finally you woke up after 3 months of sleep. Welcome and a very good morning. What makes you so irritated when a customer complaints? Complacent behaviour? or 'I give a damn to people who criticise me' attitude? Or people who call you to raise concerns but are unaware that you are asleep. Anyways, just kidding, let me address for the sake of people closely watching this thread.

All Quotes originally posted by Speedsport

Quote:
yes your diesel pump had to be reopened and a critical part replaced. and you were charged for the same. initially when your pump was opened it was serviced with the nessary service kit from a tata authorised pump overhauler. it also ran properly for a couple of months (exact details am sure you have and can provide ) during this time you also were kind enough to call and tell me that starting was perfect, mileage had improved, and throttle response was a lot better. post this time a problem did occur and the car was brought to the work shop and on taking it out and showing it to the pump guy, he clearly mentioned that the valve body of your pump was beyond fixing and had to be replaced. the valve body normally goes bad because of bad fuel. and during the 1st service of your pump the valve body was in good enough condition, now in months to follow if the valve body goes bad then it has to be addressed and to say the least a new seal kit has to be put. now in all this what was wrong ? if there was a problem with work that was done then i'd be most happy to take responsibility and fix it free of cost. if work done/you were charged for is different from the next problem that occured to your car then how am i not liable to charge you ?
The car ran well for 2 weeks but the pickup reduced. You kept on working on diesel pump but never admitted that turbo was faulty. I being a layman was unaware about the root cause of the problem. Your mechs kept saying that it is a TATA vehicle and bound to have niggling problems. You kept on saying that run it some more, the pickup will improve.Mileage did increased, at the cost of car not being able to climb an average delhi flyover. Certainly not the case of diesel pump only. Regarding repairing diesel pump the second time, Ashok at your workshop said, "this is the first time we are repairing pump, when engine work was done, pump wasn't repaired (for your records)." Only after checking previous 'bill', I got to know that charges were levied for the pump.

Quote:
anyway at that time your were convinced and there wasnt a problem .also in your own words you clearly mentioned that this car in question had been worked on by various workshops across delhi ncr,uttar pradesh and was a mix of hack jobs and spurios parts. it took a lot of effort and time to figure what what was done and what needed to be corrected, mainly because you made it very clear that it needed to be a cheap option. i have stuck as cheap a solution as possibly could without cutting corners. this includes engine overhaul, gearbox overhaul, suspension overhaul, air condioning system overhaul. i even ran the car for 200 km on my own accord to see if all was well.
Untrue. I told you Tata messed up the vehicle and minor work has been done locally. There is a complete thread on Team BHP about the issue pertaining to TATA. I never approached you for cheap option, a complete engine overhaul was quoted at TATA at around Rs 30000. And I paid you about Rs. 40000 for engine work only because of your tall claim that you are SPEEDSPORT!. If you want I can post a scanned copy of the non vat charged handwritten bill here. Rest 15 k was towards misc labor, and suspension related work. Further I spent 6k on gearbox overhaul. 6.5 k on 2nd time diesel pump repair. 7k on service. AC was never repaired or touched. In totality, nowhere cheap, and your claims are mostly untrue.

Quote:
It took me sometime to figure what you were saying but now i understand > what you call the pump is what i'd identify as diesel filter body,not the diesel injection pump and yes it takes in air. so if that particular part failed or needed attention again how is Speed Sport liable ? were you charged for a new filter body ? your D.I pump works fine (once we fixed the diesel filter body) and starts just fine.
The car stood still and refused to start 30 days after pump work was done. Before that there was a lot of starting problems associated with pump. You were not ready to respond at all. How do you expect someone with a broken down car, keep on waiting for two months with no clarity whether you would respond or not. I got this repaired at TATA so that the car could be brought to you for claiming the turbo. (Spent 5k over there). Yes, SPEEDSPORT is liable for frequently failing parts and lousy (read - non responsive) customer service. I didn't got the car repaired from you for free.
As in your words-> hope fully the above should give you some clarity now.

Quote:
Turbo Failure
this wasnt mentioned in your mail but am putting it here. yes we changed your turbo to a brand new turbo which came in tata motors packing. in time turbo failed. as we speak a new turbo has been put it your car free of cost, between you and me Speed Sport has paid Rs 5800 as this is the best deal i could cut with the tata vendor. but i dont think me or anyone at work mentioned that to you. this is fact. now looking at it from a different angle i dont manufacture turbo or in the distribution chain of parts. now if i put a new turbo and charge you for the same and tommorow if fails then yes i stand and take responsibility but what you would agree with is that i also have to take it up with the vendor, we do lakhs of business with various vendors so its not a one off. for the vendor to own up it took some time. and thats all there is to it. for the record it is my workshop manager who called and told you it wasnt the pump which was the problem it was the turbo which we changed for you and we are looking into gettting a replacement for you.
TATA people diagnosed that the real fault lies with the turbo as it had a play in it. (Am not an engineer, neither I claim to be). It resulted in the poor acceleration. Your mechs and you never ever admitted that turbo is faulty. Now you have replaced it free of cost, because you need to take the responsibility of that. Phil, either your workshop manager is misleading you or you have chosen to mislead yourself. I informed your workshop manager about your non responsiveness and TATA's diagnosis. He readily admitted that the turbo is faulty and there was NO problem with the pump. Communication is really a major problem with you and the mechs at your place.

Civic:
Paid about 6.5k for AC service. No change at all in the problem mentioned.

Quote:
Yes you paid for Ac service in which your air conditioning system was take apart, cooling coil which was chocked cleaned, all airconditioning lines were foam infused to further clean and de-odorise. dupont gas was use to refill the system. on recieving the car i clearly remember you mentioning that its a lot better and blower was way stronger. now if it trips due to typical delhi summer then i suggest you look into changing your comrpessor as due to the constant running of the compressor to maintain prescribed cabin temperature the compressor trips. this is a problem in some civics, most swifts and my landcruiser amoung others. or the cheap way to do it which i nessarily dont approve is put a toggle switch which when turned on runs constantly and dosnt trip. soo what i charged you for i did. to add to this its only in september that you mentioned this and AC service was done at the start of the season if not earlier.. just for the record.
Read the last line carefully: No change at all in the problem mentioned. AC continues to trip. This was the problem that was reported. You recommended AC service for 6.5k. Now you suggest for changing the compressor. You must suggest on changing the car as the next step.

Quote:
well to say the least i suggest you do a little bit of research...any brake pads life (might as well include life of the brake rotor) is directly dependent on driving style. we've done a couple of civics amoung other cars with brake upgrades ranging from pads, pad + rotor, pad + rotor + rear disc brake conversion. in all this a some come back for a pad change in 6000km, some come back in 20,000km for a pad change. and here i talk particularly of your brand and part number.
3 month back your mech said, sir, life of pads over, change right now, I was like, 12k for 12k kms! (You know I am one of those mango people who are employed and get wages for a living). A week ago, same guy along with Amarjeet says, 5k kms more life remaining in the brake pads. No worries. Rest you can comprehend yourself. In between, the car has done some 3k kms. That makes 12k+3k+5k (remaining) = 20k. More or less, am okay with the brakepads, but not ok with your misleading workshop.

Quote:
so here was trying to answer your questions from the mail. further still i see you have tried to go on a tangent from time to time. you write something on tbhp and then call the shop and talk otherwise.
How hard for you is to pick up the phone and answer the call by pressing the button/touching the screen/respond to emails/messages? I called your workshop and talked exactly what is written here. Do check the communication problem at your workshop.

Quote:
throttle body cleaning - you mention that i over charge. i wont get into technicalitly and confuse you. your car had a stuttering problem and i called you to tell you thay in my opinion we should clean the throttle body > also mentioned that this is how much Speed Sport charges for throttle body cleaning. you said no problem do it. and only then did go ahead and open the throttle body. Now what i choose to charge for work i carry out in my shop is strictly my perogative. you can agree and choose to do it or disagree and not do it. the choice is yours. strangly the way you put it across on this forum sounded otherwise. on the lines of a certain F1 driver said recently
Your webpage claims that:The upkeep of daily office commute or weekend fun car which one no longer want to maintain at the authorised service centre because or the exhorbitant bills by SVC This answers your prerogative.

I can post all your bills here, and let experts comment who charges exorbitantly.

Quote:
i know what i do at Speed Sport, what i have to offer many approv of and some dont approv of so my reference is based on what is right and wrong is based on my experience & feed back from my entire customer data base. so lets not go there.
I don't have any intentions going there as your above statement sounds terribly confusing. I have low IQ to comprehend that.

Quote:
now coming to your statement that Speed Sport is for the rich and not for the saleried (middle class - etc etc) again i have college kids who save up over a quater to get work done to millionares who write me and advance cheque for work to be done. each customer is different. For the record Speed Sport is for the enthusiast, now what Speed Sport chooses to charge for work is strictly dependent on the nature of work, what parts (hardware & software) it involves Speed Sport way of addressing the concerning issue and not a persons IT return.
Refer to your website claim quoted previously. If you need to change the record, a great beginning would be to start with the website and completely doing away with the false claim that we charge lower than authorised SVS. This confusion would end for everyone.

Quote:
on the same lines for the record Speed Sport does not have a pickup and drop facility (which was politely put across to you >
Untrue. Never told. Always claimed that you have shortage of manpower.

Quote:
but then when i can spare a colleague/employee i do try and help out... in your case particularly just because i choose to break the norm and get your car picked up and droped (because you cut a sorry face saying that you were employed and no one was there to drop the car i did step in and facilitate). if that is taken for granted then am sorry but you understood wrong.
So if one customer seeks help saying he is on short of time, he cuts a sorry face? Great going Phil

Quote:
you did mail me on 22nd september in 4-5 days i did get back to you on facebook saying am out of town for the Raid and you should get in touch with the workshop, you did get in touch with the workshop but after posting your heart out on this forum which is fine, we all have a right to express our views/frustrations. you said get the car picked up. workshop got back to you and said there is no problem with sorting your car out (details of which i have mentioned above) but they requested you to get the car to the shop. which wasnt done till 10 days back ! i also got in touch with you on facebook saying that for statements you have made i will reply once am free but on the plateform you used.
Complete facebook transcript for your reference including dates after you failed to respond to my numerous emails and phone calls:

Conversation started September 29
8:26pm
Kumar Gandharva
Hi dude! Know you are running extremely busy. Would appreciate if you or someone from speedsports reverts to my mail and concerns. (Sent on your gmail id).

September 30
9:28am
Philippos Matthai
Hang I. There mate will reply by end of day

October 3
5:08pm
Kumar Gandharva
No revert so far buddy.

5:12pm
Philippos Matthai
busy with the raid... will reply on tbhp buddy
once am back

October 4
11:27pm
Kumar Gandharva
all the best. thanks. can't rely on you or on speedsports in emergency situations. I hope you are aware that my indigo has died down since past 5 days.And your reply... Great! So, speedsport is only for people with deep pockets and for those into rallies. Not for normal/regular/average joe/vfm blokes.

Quote:
then my manger relays to me recently that your father was in touch with him and my manager categorically told him that car comes to the shop we can sort out whatever issue, you have blame Speed Sport or not we still stand by work done by us. i choose to not come here and post. but to your statement on the 7th that 'if i am reading this then i better wake up and sort it out or you'll take whatever nessary action required'
this my friend is taking it too far.. just because i did work on your car and billed you for the same dosnt mean i have to put up with arrogant misbehaviour. for the work done, for the amount you were billed for am very clear where i stand.
Phil, this behavior is not an arrogant behaviour. Spending almost a lakh on the car and seeing it die down/having recurring problems and you not responding for weeks and months is arrogant behaviour. As a customer who has paid you in full, I have full right to take a stand in case am confronted by such an unprofessional behaviour. You could have simply said that Speedsport will not attend my vehicle for next 2 months because rallies and F1 is a priority. An Indigo is definitely not a priority. Things would have been simpler.

Quote:
lastly regarding a bill which you mentioned that Speed Sport gives a sheet of paper. bossman i have no issue giving you a bill if you pay service tax and vat wherever appicable. that again is a decision you took.
Untrue. No such option given. I would have been happier to pay service tax/vat rather than evade it this way to suffer in the longer run. I did not took a decision because I never had any option in the first place.

Quote:
to bring this to a close... as far as i am concerned its my responsibility to sort out the turbo issue which i am and there was never a doubt about the same. i will check the car for 5 days by using it (with your kind permission) post that take both your cars and go where ever you feel fit. Speed Sport will refuse to do anywork for any car that you own currently or in the future. and regarding you taking action please do whatever you feel appropiate.
Fantastic closure. Great Job Phil! I don't need to go anywhere. Neither I need to take my both cars as only Indigo is in your possession. I didn't know that CIVIC is with you as well. Regarding Speedsport refusal, who cares
Man, you have a great sense of humour. As if Honda refused to sell any car to me.

Quote:
to all other fellow tbhpians as a enthusiast and later a workshop owner i'd like to say this. automotive forums are a great way to interact with fellow enthusiasts and for outlets like mine to do work be praised for it or critisized for the same. but to use a forum to to try and corner or pressurise someone is not right. the above is fact if fiction kumar will be the 1st to point it out . every story has two sides to it. its wrong to take one side and start framing an opinion.
I still wish you take this feedback positively and improve your deficient services, (not for me as am ousted) but for others. (Read less than 50k expenditure). No hard feelings against you, but a lesson well learnt.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2012 at 12:22. Reason: Read Mod Note in your post
kumargandharva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 02:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
It's a sad state of affairs isn't it? You went to an establishment which had some 'perceieved repute' and find out that the reality is different. That they are unresposnsive has been well documented on the forum by Ricky. That they are incompetent as well is new information. That somebody couldn't sort out Indigo's engine speaks a lot about their competency. There are enough mechanics outside TASS in Gurgaon (forget about Delhi combined) who can work to a customer's satisfaction as far as the Indigo's engine is concerned. That the turbo has play clearly implies Speedsport knew they were installing a faulty turbo to start with.

A customer pays a good amount of money, a good marging over other normal mechanics, trusting a garage of some repute to sort out issues, the garage messes it up, goes underground, customer takes the publicity route, garage just about wakes up from deep sleep. Somehow I don't feel you will get any money back. At the end Speedsport will try to put together a barely acceptable solution that is better than now but not quite there. It wouldn't appeal much to you but it would be a compromise. You would think a garage of repute would try to protect or preserve their reputation - perceieved or otherwise. What you see is a blatant disregard for the customer and shoddy service. A sad state of affairs indeed.
+1. I can feel your words coming to life after reading Phil's response. Deep sleep it was. Imagine a Honda/BMW/any manufacturer of repute responding the way Phil did.

Off topic: A simple bike manufacture like Hero Honda treats its customers with humility, respect, responsiveness and escalation process. I own a 1999 model CBZ with 2,25,000 + kms on the odo and counting. Guess what! Never the engine has been opened/overhauled. Completely and routinely serviced at the authorised SVC. Such is the humility and customer orientedness, that the owner of the showroom and the workshop, personally comes to meet customers whenever he is there at the workshop just to seek feedback about how they can improve further! BTW now they own 5 authorised workshops in the district, have a couple of petrol pumps and what not more. Still, the owner connects himself with his customers, regularly.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes, offense is the best defence & as a third-party reading the past few posts on this thread (with great difficulty in comprehending the posts of fellow Bhpian speedsport), I am convinced that this is indeed the strategy adopted by the concerned outfit being spoken of in this thread. I am sure problems can happen anywhere, especially when its about machines, but it is the way things are handled that differentiate one person/company from another.

Personally, I get a feeling that you have been wronged & for various reasons best known to the concerned outfit (probably the proportion of costs for making things right between you two), you have been "politely" asked to look for a more competent & customer oriented garage/workshop.

To end my post, this thread has made me understand why people say about certain things, "It's too good to be true...."

Don't lose hope, be at it & I am sure your Indigo would be back on its wheels in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumargandharva View Post

I still wish you take this feedback positively and improve your deficient services, (not for me as am ousted) but for others. (Read less than 50k expenditure). No hard feelings against you, but a lesson well learnt.
blackfire_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 19:18   #22
BHPian

TMonths back when i tried to reach phil to send my car for some intensive mods i never got any feedback not were my calls ever returned.I guess at that point i decided i would end up regretting if hes so unresponsive right now.
Frankly its sad to see the kind of service.provided to you and the kind of behaviour. put across is definetly a no.no atleast in my.books.i mean is a client supposento.keep tracking you and get no response when his car is broken down as the conccerned garage is busy with rally.and stuff?
Yes we do hear highly of some of this garages and put our faith in them and in them. However most of the time we are taken for a ride all in the name of good service.
A very well know tuner in banglore fleeced me royally for a simple issue of radiator coolant leaking from the cap.I paid up but made.it a point across that i know am.fleeced and wpuld.never step on his shop.floor.
scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
we do lakhs of business with various vendors so its not a one off.

lastly regarding a bill which you mentioned that Speed Sport gives a sheet of paper. bossman i have no issue giving you a bill if you pay service tax and vat wherever appicable. that again is a decision you took
As you have stated , there have been transactions made by your outfit using kaccha bills , I would suggest you to pay taxes, issue appropriate tax invoices.

Quote:
- No pakka bill would be provided for anything and everything, only a handwritten paper would be provided through which guarantee (if any) would be honored.
No one should consider themselves to be above the law of the land, I would suggest you to adhere to the Delhi VAT Act, and Service Tax Act in this case.

If one is liable to pay tax, it his duty and not an option,as has been stated by you, failing which the law has appropriate recovery methods of tax evaded, from the service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
He did mention to me that he had a legal background.
I won't go into the legal jargon here, you have stated that you have a legal background, it is the duty of the service provider to pay tax which is ultimately recovered from the end user usually, it may be paid by service provider from his own pocket as well.

I would suggest everyone involved in such transactions to demand a VAT, Service Tax paid bill where ever applicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

This is a mere suggestion IF such laws are applicable to you.

Cheers

GT

Last edited by GT500 : 22nd November 2012 at 12:20.
GT500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

This may be off topic per se, but I would like to share my experience with JLR of just a few weeks back.

How tough would one think is it to get a set of wipers replaced ? To most of us it is a 5 minute job, WRONG at JLR it takes 2 months for them to check if they are in stock. LOL

How long would Audi take to look for & fix an engine oil leak on a Q5 3.0 ? Normally a day at most, maybe 2. No they took 45 days to do the needful. Fortunately the car was under warranty, so they had to provide a car in lieu of the one in their workshop or a higher model. So they parted with a Q5 (brand new)

These examples are given with the sole intent of bringing to light - that premium cars & garages also have problems now & then.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
This may be off topic per se, but I would like to share my experience with JLR of just a few weeks back.

How tough would one think is it to get a set of wipers replaced ? To most of us it is a 5 minute job, WRONG at JLR it takes 2 months for them to check if they are in stock. LOL

How long would Audi take to look for & fix an engine oil leak on a Q5 3.0 ? Normally a day at most, maybe 2. No they took 45 days to do the needful. Fortunately the car was under warranty, so they had to provide a car in lieu of the one in their workshop or a higher model. So they parted with a Q5 (brand new)

These examples are given with the sole intent of bringing to light - that premium cars & garages also have problems now & then.

Cheers
Yes, problems can arise anywhere, but I may be right in believing that both JLR and Audi did respond by answering your calls, updating you about the status as and when required. They wouldn't have gone into hibernation and completely stopped answering your queries.

What matters more than the timeline is, the way problems are dealt with. The way customers are treated and responded. Empathy, communication, humility, correct diagnosis are few of the universal values which makes brands/workshops build trust, no matter how small or big they are.

Even in my case, I shifted from a premium garage (Tata motors) to Speedsport (Tata motors workshops can be rated/considered premium if compared with the facilities and the infrastructure+processes at Speedsport) soliciting resolutions of problems. But the experience has been an eye opener.
At branded workshops, you do have an escalation process, a listening ear if things go terribly wrong.

Contrastingly, there are ample examples available on Tbhp about small time mechs doing wonderful and VFM works on Mercedes around Hyatt in Delhi.

Just my 2 cents.
kumargandharva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

JLR had gone into sleep mode over procuring wipers..they had to jolted out of slumber by the UK office. Then ofcourse things moved F A S T !

Anyway I just put forth my experience for the common good of all. Nothing more & nothing less.

Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 13:53   #27
BHPian

Update time:

Went there along with dad yesterday to pick the Indigo up. Summary is listed below:

- Upon reaching, saw Phil, he turned away and didn't appeared in front of us at all. I can understand his behaviour now. :-)
- Turbo changed. There is a whizzing/whistling sound, akin to something taking off. Spoken with his manager, Amarjeet. He said this is normal and there is no problem.
- Couple of days back my father got a call from workshop stating that a diesel switch has been changed as it was leaking and they are unaware about the price! Father immediately told them not to change it, and if there is some problem we will get it rectified elsewhere.
- They installed the old switch back. Now they lost a covering plastic cap of the switch and stated they have no idea about it.
- We asked for the bill. Amarjeet was very courteous. Stated that only engine oil has been filled and offered not to pay till the time we are satisfied. We insisted to pay for the oil as well then and there and demanded a bill.
- Now here comes the surprise. The engine oil for the Indigo has been charged at: Rs 4925. You read it right, Rs. 4925!!! Without any VAT, Service Charge or labour charge. Simple calculation of Rs. 985*5 litres. I asked for the reason, the manager said, it is their policy to put Motul synthetic oil only and they don't put any other oil.
- Was so put off, didn't bothered to ask that why they didn't informed me that they are putting synthetic oil of this much cost in a vehicle like Indigo. Choose to pay the money, take the bill and take the car. They are very consistent in their non-communicative attitude.
- To put on record, the workshop has given the bill on a service estimate. The word estimate has been replaced by the word bill manually by pen. (We observed this on returning home while inspecting the bill). Don't know whether this can be treated as a genuine bill.
- Again, for the sake of repetition, the behavior of Amarjeet was respectful, polite and courteous. He did offered to rectify the vehicle in case turbo related problem occurs again. It is a different story that am officially blacklisted from the workshop by the orders of the great owner ;-) May be, Amarjeet is not on Team BHP, so he was unaware.

Anyways, can someone advice me on the whizzing/whistling sound? The switch is leaking diesel, which is a new problem. I plan to take it to Tata for further rectification. Can someone advice me a good TATA SVC.
kumargandharva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 01:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the analogy drawn between the "better" German brands & this garage (by another fellow Bhpian) was actually a perfect fit.

The German brands are known for being expensive (both to purchase & maintain), unreliable (relatively) & certainly not the best at their after-sales. And looking at your experience, this garage seems no different. I honestly feel that they should have communicated that "policy" (about oil) to you in advance; heck, even Maruti & Hyundai workshop guys give me a call to check for such things (despite the kind of volumes they handle).

My suggestion is that if you do not trust this workshop, then get that fully-synthetic oil out of your engine & replace it with a cheap 20W40 diesel spec oil (Bosch costs about 450 INR for a packing of 3.5 liters), because you would at least be sure of what's running in your engine.

Quote:
Update time:

Went there along with dad yesterday to pick the Indigo up. Summary is listed below:

- Upon reaching, saw Phil, he turned away and didn't appeared in front of us at all. I can understand his behaviour now. :-)
- Turbo changed. There is a whizzing/whistling sound, akin to something taking off. Spoken with his manager, Amarjeet. He said this is normal and there is no problem.
- Couple of days back my father got a call from workshop stating that a diesel switch has been changed as it was leaking and they are unaware about the price! Father immediately told them not to change it, and if there is some problem we will get it rectified elsewhere.
- They installed the old switch back. Now they lost a covering plastic cap of the switch and stated they have no idea about it.
- We asked for the bill. Amarjeet was very courteous. Stated that only engine oil has been filled and offered not to pay till the time we are satisfied. We insisted to pay for the oil as well then and there and demanded a bill.
- Now here comes the surprise. The engine oil for the Indigo has been charged at: Rs 4925. You read it right, Rs. 4925!!! Without any VAT, Service Charge or labour charge. Simple calculation of Rs. 985*5 litres. I asked for the reason, the manager said, it is their policy to put Motul synthetic oil only and they don't put any other oil.
- Was so put off, didn't bothered to ask that why they didn't informed me that they are putting synthetic oil of this much cost in a vehicle like Indigo. Choose to pay the money, take the bill and take the car. They are very consistent in their non-communicative attitude.
- To put on record, the workshop has given the bill on a service estimate. The word estimate has been replaced by the word bill manually by pen. (We observed this on returning home while inspecting the bill). Don't know whether this can be treated as a genuine bill.
- Again, for the sake of repetition, the behavior of Amarjeet was respectful, polite and courteous. He did offered to rectify the vehicle in case turbo related problem occurs again. It is a different story that am officially blacklisted from the workshop by the orders of the great owner ;-) May be, Amarjeet is not on Team BHP, so he was unaware.

Anyways, can someone advice me on the whizzing/whistling sound? The switch is leaking diesel, which is a new problem. I plan to take it to Tata for further rectification. Can someone advice me a good TATA SVC.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 27th November 2012 at 01:58.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 11:05   #29
t0m
BHPian

Gosh, i was planning to go to them for some mods. This thread saved me. Anyone know of good workshops in or around Noida having good track record with tuning and like stuff?
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 13:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Gosh, i was planning to go to them for some mods. This thread saved me. Anyone know of good workshops in or around Noida having good track record with tuning and like stuff?
What kind of tuning are you looking for?
If you want your car to be mapped, the nearest option is AutoPysche for Pete's Remaps, or else you can connect with ToT, they keep coming to Delhi to map cars.
If you are looking for serious turbo related mods, best is to send the car to Bombay/South for reliable tuning unless your car has a bolt on kit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks