Team-BHP - Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/82758-bodywork-paint-pandit-co-delhi-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace F355 (Post 2285098)

I have seen some cars that were re-painted at Pandit's and it seemed impeccable. But alas, my experience dealing with them has only been disappointing so far.

Anyway, what do you plan next to rectify this defect? I am sure it must be wrenching your heart every time you see it. :deadhorse

Ditto. There are only a handful of car paint jobs that command attention on the road. every 1 out of 10 such beauties turns out to have that "Pandit." sticker on the rear hatch/boot lid. Wonder how they get this far with this attitude?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindgrinder (Post 2286120)
thanks for pics sohail, my driver slightly dented my rear left door and some paint came off, i was planing to go to Pandit to get it fixed, seems like they lost it. Any good suggestions by any one in Delhi, i have a tuscan wine linea

I am hearing good things about "Torque", an up-and-comer near mahipalpur (close to gurgaon/DLF Promenade). Am yet to try 'em but I hear they've done some nice work before the paint-booth arrived!

Try Autopsyche, Gurgaon
Nice guy and good eye for detail

there is one more station in mahipalpur by name of faith auto, but dunno the work

Guys I am too looking for some good paint shop, last night someone screwed my innova completely from left side. Both doors he scratched badly. Can't drive like this :Frustrati

Just had word with Pradeep Pandit and he quoted 65K + part (if any) extra. Galaxy toyota quoted 40K + tax for fully body repaint. Pandit seems to be very costly affair, not sure about what to do. Anyways fixed up appointment to meet them on Saturday. Lets see.

Let me tell you, if you have a keen eye for detail, you wont like the work!

And take loads of high res photos of all the undamaged parts on your innova before giving away for repairs and tell them that these photos are the insurance, just in case they cause some damage while repairing/ painting! (Also take pics of all the glass windows, Alloys(if you have them), interior dash etc.)

I had gotten one panel painted via Hyundai body shop and I got it back home and sanded, compounded and polished it myself and it turned out to be absolutely stunning!!! :D

And whatever you do, NEVER ever let them compound/polish or wetsand/sand the panels!!!!

(The newly sprayed paint will seem to have a texture to it(orange peel) that has to be wetsanded to flatten the finish and compounded to make it highly reflective and shiny!)

Your car will end up looking like a swirled up mess!!! Instead, after getting it painted, take it to a reputed detailer and get it wetsanded and compounded by them!

I could do it for you, but I'm too busy with hosp! :(

Did you find a better paint shop than Pandit & Co. where I can gladly leave my car for few body repairs? Recommend a good shop please, my Fiesta needs a little TLC to bring it back to shape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 2753521)
Did you find a better paint shop than Pandit & Co. where I can gladly leave my car for few body repairs? Recommend a good shop please, my Fiesta needs a little TLC to bring it back to shape.

You could try http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...les-delhi.html

I've never gotten work done from them though. Have seen a lot of cars there and the owners are sweet and helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 2753521)

Straightway to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ack-lanes.html

First visit and decide for yourself.
Quality is next to pandit's and cost you won't believe.

My baby is headed for pandit and co again tomorrow!!!

Some taxi driver, who doesn't deserve to live any longer, just scratched the whole left rear quarterpanel(Thankfully, the bodyline was avoided) And the huge dent is just below the petrol filler cap!! + the rear bumper!
All while she was parked near my house for some time! (will the repair cause any damage to the petrol tank/passage?)

Total cost for repair(Approx. 14k +-5k)

I have the video of the whole incident and the weird part is there was no traffic on the road, that idiot just felt like swerving into my car!!! :deadhorse

What is a kind of damage ??? is 14 k justified ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2772152)
My baby is headed for pandit and co again tomorrow!!!
Total cost for repair(Approx. 14k

Sohail, how did they treat you and your car this time around?
Would you still recommend them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16

Sohail, how did they treat you and your car this time around?
Would you still recommend them?

This time I was very clear that the car shouldn't be touched after it left the paint booth, since I can do the sanding and refinishing myself!

So the experience was quite good as their 'buffer guy' couldn't lay his hands on my paint!

I'm usually overly paranoid about my paint as I work on it regularly and want it as perfect as possible!

This time they did deliver!
Just tell them loud & clear to keep any kind of buffer off of at least the panels that are not getting painted!!

And if possible take pics of every panel and glass when handing your car over, they'll greatly help just in case the buffer guy decides to burn the paint off the edges! I

Good luck!

(ps still I think the buffer guy laid his hands on my paint this time too as he burnt about 1mm round paint off of my left rear door edge!
I would really like to find him and run the buffer on his face! Because the major point behind safe buffer usage is, 'if it doesn't hurt your skin, it wont hurt the paint!' anyways, since I can do a spot repair myself, I didn't raise any issue with them!

Also, their idea of over spray removal is running a buffer over the whole car irrespective of what panels were painted! Tell them that claying is safer and don't let the buffer guy do that! I hope you have a clay bar!?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2822851)
This time I was very clear that the car shouldn't be touched after it left the paint booth, since I can do the sanding and refinishing myself!

So the experience was quite good as their 'buffer guy' couldn't lay his hands on my paint!

I'm usually overly paranoid about my paint as I work on it regularly and want it as perfect as possible!

This time they did deliver!
Just tell them loud & clear to keep any kind of buffer off of at least the panels that are not getting painted!!

And if possible take pics of every panel and glass when handing your car over, they'll greatly help just in case the buffer guy decides to burn the paint off the edges! I

Good luck!

(ps still I think the buffer guy laid his hands on my paint this time too as he burnt about 1mm round paint off of my left rear door edge!
I would really like to find him and run the buffer on his face! Because the major point behind safe buffer usage is, 'if it doesn't hurt your skin, it wont hurt the paint!' anyways, since I can do a spot repair myself, I didn't raise any issue with them!

Also, their idea of over spray removal is running a buffer over the whole car irrespective of what panels were painted! Tell them that claying is safer and don't let the buffer guy do that! I hope you have a clay bar!?)

:OT

My i20's rear and front bumper, tailgate were painted 2 weeks back. But there are rough patches on the other body panals too. I can feel the roughness when i move my palm over the surface. Also the running board has come sort of white patch which is rough to touch and i suspect its the primer overspray because of improper masking.

Can this roughness on other surfaces be removed by a detailing session ? Does it need a sand paper to remove those primer sprayed on the surface?Will Ultimate Compound be able to cut through this?Even the bonnet has these rough spots.:deadhorse

I observed this almost two weeks after the car was delivered while washing it

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2822926)
:OT

My i20's rear and front bumper, tailgate were painted 2 weeks back. But there are rough patches on the other body panals too. I can feel the roughness when i move my palm over the surface. Also the running board has come sort of white patch which is rough to touch and i suspect its the primer overspray because of improper masking.

Can this roughness on other surfaces be removed by a detailing session ? Does it need a sand paper to remove those primer sprayed on the surface?Will Ultimate Compound be able to cut through this?Even the bonnet has these rough spots.:deadhorse

I observed this almost two weeks after the car was delivered while washing it

The rough patches sound like overspray. You can use a claybar(mother's clay kit is available on ebay) to remove them, thats the safest way!

You can go over whole of the car while you're clay baring to remove all the contaminants from the paint! (do see some instructional videos on how to use a claybar)

UC can also remove them but i will also abrade away 'healthy' paint unnecessarily! Keep it as a last case scenario!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99

The rough patches sound like overspray. You can use a claybar(mother's clay kit is available on ebay) to remove them, thats the safest way!

You can go over whole of the car while you're clay baring to remove all the contaminants from the paint! (do see some instructional videos on how to use a claybar)

UC can also remove them but i will also abrade away 'healthy' paint unnecessarily! Keep it as a last case scenario!

What about the white patch on the Running board? The area has totally lost its gloss and looks dull !!! I am sure it won't go by clay!