Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 11:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)

I'd try it with a claybar anyway! Sometimes heavy overspray of white paint can look like that(btw your i20 is white?)

If that is something over the surface, it can also be removed with the help of a plastic blade! I know it sounds dangerous, but sometimes its he only solution for heavy overspray!
Old 28th June 2012, 15:24   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99
I'd try it with a claybar anyway! Sometimes heavy overspray of white paint can look like that(btw your i20 is white?)

If that is something over the surface, it can also be removed with the help of a plastic blade! I know it sounds dangerous, but sometimes its he only solution for heavy overspray!
Ok Will try it with clay bar once. No mine is beige color. That's why I feel that's the over spray of primer on the neighbouring panels.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:18   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ok Will try it with clay bar once. No mine is beige color. That's why I feel that's the over spray of primer on the neighbouring panels.
Yea! Could be due to improper masking if rocker panels weren't painted!

Btw you in Delhi?
Old 19th April 2017, 08:45   #94
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread, Can anyone please give their 2 cents on the work of pandit and co. who have availed their services recently ?
I need to get some minor work done in my elantra.
Thanks in advance.
Old 19th April 2017, 10:37   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Bumping up an old thread, Can anyone please give their 2 cents on the work of pandit and co. who have availed their services recently ?

I need to get some minor work done in my elantra.

Thanks in advance.

I have been a super happy customer of Pandit and Co. have got 2 cars done in last 2 years. But please don't go there expecting a ₹2000 per panel rate. It's almost 3 times more expensive and don't expect a 1 day turn around time. Best to not rush them and let Prakul work his magic.

The left side of my Laura was side swiped by a tempo and they did the entire left side- factory finish good. The car is now with another Bhpian and friend and he too has no reasons to complain. I had left the car for 3 days and was very very happy with the work done.

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1492578221.944959.jpg

Then they redid my E36 from a boring grey to this gorgeous red. Absolutely stunning work from Pandit.

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1492578371.562916.jpg

So, if you are willing to pay that much extra for their work, it's totally worth the time and money from my personal experience with Prakul. I absolutely adore the guy.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 11:41   #96
BHPian

Quote:
But please don't go there expecting a ₹2000 per panel rate. It's almost 3 times more expensive and don't expect a 1 day turn around time.
Hi Rohan,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

But can you please tell me a tentative idea about how much to expect in the price wise and time wise.

Alternatively, can you suggest some other good person/place to get a good job ?

Again, Thanks.

Last edited by Piyush46 : 19th April 2017 at 11:42.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:18   #97
BHPian

Quote:

But can you please tell me a tentative idea about how much to expect in the price wise and time wise.

Alternatively, can you suggest some other good person/place to get a good job ?

Again, Thanks.
You can expect the price to be in the range of Rs.6-7k per panel. Depending upon the work required to be done (and more importantly the cars that are already there), keep 2 days of downtown minimum. From the works done on my cars and my cousins E30 and Ford Consul, there is no other place where we'd rather go.

Most other places in Okhla do not have a paint booth or a covered dust free area to do the prep and paint work. You can speak with Anupam at WorldofService (info available on thread)- he has a good paint set up as well. Only bummer might be the drive to Sector 63 Noida.

All the best!
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 14:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
You can expect the price to be in the range of Rs.6-7k per panel.
Thank you Rohan for your valuable feedback.
I will try to figure out what to do because around 6-7k per panel will be a costly affair for me.

P.S. Following are the pictures of the damages

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-img_0501.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-img_2808.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-img_6834.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-img_6835.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-img_6836.jpg
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:13   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Rohan for your valuable feedback.
I will try to figure out what to do because around 6-7k per panel will be a costly affair for me.

P.S. Following are the pictures of the damages

Attachment 1630953

Attachment 1630954

Attachment 1630955

Attachment 1630956

Attachment 1630957

May I suggest, Heera motors in Gurgaon?
He is really good, have been using his services for the last 7-8 years, 800 to my corolla he has handled the dent/paint routine work. Even did my massively damaged Esteem's front end perfectly.

Can arrange spares, OEM and junk both. But paint is in open, but he has one day TAT and does 2000-2500 per panel. He will redo the job if not satisfied.

You can take my name, "utsav". He will do the best job.
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
May I suggest, Heera motors in Gurgaon?
He is really good, have been using his services for the last 7-8 years, 800 to my corolla he has handled the dent/paint routine work. Even did my massively damaged Esteem's front end perfectly.

Can arrange spares, OEM and junk both. But paint is in open, but he has one day TAT and does 2000-2500 per panel. He will redo the job if not satisfied.

You can take my name, "utsav". He will do the best job.
Hello Utsav,
Thank you for your suggestion.
However, I am planning to claim the damages from insurance only as my car is relatively new and i am one of those finicky type person who will always be bothered that I am using a damaged bumper.
By claiming insurance, i will have peace of mind that everything is in best of their condition.

Again, thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks