Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 36 50.70%
Recommended 17 23.94%
NOT recommended 18 25.35%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Car Audio - Driven (NCR)

Driven is the worst after market car audio installer there can be. Avoid it like the plague. All this is because of one man Mr Rana.

The reason is Mr Rana has no sense of customer satisfaction or respecting the customer. I'd gone to him two weeks before the incident that I'm referring to, to get a subwoofer fixed into my vehicle (stock 8" woofer) where he didn't have the right sub, so his junior associate requested me to get the sub from abroad and they would install it.

It was apparent later, when I went in to get the sub installed and told the workers to get it done, that Rana would not get such a small profit job done and he came out blasting to the workers to tell them that they couldn't install the woofer since they had other cars to attend to even though the workers were half way through the install and it wouldn't have taken more than 30 minutes. I wasn't expecting any free lunches and was ready to pay and get my other vehicles some audio upgrades as well but too bad this Rana man lost a valuable customer.

The workers were forced to leave the work and I was blatantly told that it couldn't be done since I didn't speak to him. I'd spoken to his associate over the phone but Mr Rana had no sense of treating the customer with any respect whatsoever.

Clearly as described by others Mr Rana is a true businessman who should ideally be selling vegetables and not car accessories; and would ideally not survive for long in the market once the wrong type of customer crosses his path with this kind of behaviour.

If he would have spoken nicely and explained me the situation, it would have been different. His attitude speaks volume on his responsibility towards his customers. Yes the ones at Lajpat Nagar won't do a neat job, but if you do your study, you can get a neat install yourself by spending 15-20 minutes online and buying the right products.

PS
Installed a 8" sub on my Q7 from a Lajpat Nagar 4 Shop at the end and couldn't be more satisfied. It was a 30 minutes job cut into 15 minutes thanks to Mr Rana's workers who had already opened the boot.

His workers and associate are very aware of his attitude and try every trick in the book to save him but eventually agree with his attitude being wrong.

Last edited by harpreetkanwar : 2nd September 2017 at 12:46.
harpreetkanwar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 00:57   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
Driven is the worst after market car audio installer there can be. Avoid it like the plague. All this is because of one man Mr Rana.

The reason is Mr Rana has no sense of customer satisfaction or respecting the customer. I'd gone to him two weeks before the incident that I'm referring to...

Hi can I recommend you MotorConcepts instead? I had a similar story to yours.
I went to Aman(MotorConcepts), he is there every day except for friday and he is the owner. Calm, patient and deals his customers very right.

Just to point out, I had gone in for a mere damping job worth Rs.2500 on my Esteem, was a college kid back then and he recommended me changing my audio cables, I spent 7500 end of the day and had a much much satisfying sound output.

Its about 4 years later, I am still going to him and collectively have got installs worth 75000 from him. Not a single bad experience.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th September 2017 at 19:20. Reason: Please quote only the part needed to convey the context.
devilwearsprada is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 09:59   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post

I went to Aman(MotorConcepts), he is there every day except for friday and he is the owner. Calm, patient and deals his customers very right.

Its about 4 years later, I am still going to him and collectively have got installs worth 75000 from him. Not a single bad experience.

Same story with me too. I have been going to Motor Concepts too.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:52   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post

Just to point out, I had gone in for a mere damping job worth Rs.2500 on my Esteem, was a college kid back then and he recommended me changing my audio cables, I spent 7500 end of the day and had a much much satisfying sound output.

Thanks ! I have to get an amp installed anyway and was thinking of getting a Dream 1 from Germany and then getting it done from them. The Driven guys had 6 people get into my car with dirty hands and in no way did it seem a clean install in literal terms.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:49   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ! I have to get an amp installed anyway and was thinking of getting a Dream 1 from Germany and then getting it done from them. The Driven guys had 6 people get into my car with dirty hands and in no way did it seem a clean install in literal terms.
Motor Concepts would be better in that sense also, they have a completely covered area.
Old 30th June 2018, 12:19   #126
BHPian

Another sub par experience

Who : 3 BHPians on a Saturday, me, Biraj and roy_libran. Biraj and myself for full speaker set up change. Roy : re location of set up, done earlier.

What : Biraj gets Morel compo and coax for front and rear. Myself POLK coax all round, 4 of them. Vehicles: Punto and T JET. Roy just the re location on his Scorp

When : Last Saturday

Cost : Was not in mood to negotiate as stories of "excellent workmanship", "service" and "authenticity" were sculpted. Total was close to 30K. for speakers.

Work begins. On Biraj's car. Work starts quickly by their apparently skilled mechs. We leave for lunch asking Mr.Rana to install front coaxes, the polks for my car. We return from lunch and both cars done. We do the sound check and we are happy with performance on Birajs car! Stock HU, No rattles, vibrations and a solid sound. Biraj is happy with OUR choice!

We proceed to my car with the test CD. It immediately sounds terrible. After a great experience in the T Jet and same test CD, I knew I need the rears changed too. Ask Mr Rana to install the rear coaxes as well. Same, Polk DB652. And that's exactly when things start getting worse.

The younger mech, dismantles the door pads, and drills out the riveted stock speakers. He first starts to pry out the old speaker, and then uses a long screw driver as a drill bit to force the rivet ends out. He starts hammering it out from the inside, and with each blow the screw driver slips and hits the outer panel from inside creating dents on the door. Sharp pointed dents, pointing outwards. I scream at him and come running but he has already done damages and has the balls to say this is how it is always done! He has NO CLUE he has damaged the door!

Cut short: Mr Rana does promise to get the dents fixed/dry dented. It is done at a local ustaads place: again a jugaad work. Not to blame the denter, but there's as much you can do to cover up a sharp pointed dent!

I ask them the senior installer to take over, like he had done for the front and Birajs car. In no mood to stay longer than needed. He does the install, we do a quick check. Find vibrations, loose wires, broken front lock (repaired by the installer) and absolute lack of BASS.

We pay off, and go home. Poor experience, and lack of bass. It suddenly strikes, PHASING. With a quick balance and fader control setting I pin pointed to the fact that the front left speaker was OUT. That night, I open the door pad again, remove the speaker and voila! plus minus interchanged! The reason there was a strange sound signature that made no sense! There are still vibrations. One door I corrected last Sunday. Will fix one door at a time.

Mr Rana may have honest intentions: but he will always push for expensive products, is usually co operative but his outlet was EMPTY on a Saturday except for us three.

The worst part is what is hyped as quality workmanship is actually very bare minimum without which it is not classified as a "job" done. Even the senior mech, who was known to be sincere, will always say it is the car that rattles not the install. Me and Roy, proved him wrong by solving a vibration problem due to cluttered wires hitting the inner sheet.

And Yes! What is sold as damping, is actually butyl rubber self adhesive sheets (mastic tape) used widely for cable joint waterproofing in BTS towers and transmission lines. There it comes as 2 inch tapes from the same company. It is 30 rupees for a 2 meter roll. Doesn't definitely add up to 900/- per sheet they are charging. When they say they are NOT cutting wires: well they are actually using a crimp on terminal that eats the existing insulation on stock wiring and makes a connection with the copper beneath. Tin crimps, which will rust away in a year is my take. The crimp pigtails are also 7/26 thin PVC insulated wire. Nothing to write home about but should do the job for some time.

The service can definitely be made better and over the last week I gather the general sentiment has been similar: highly overpriced, under delivered, shoddy work passed off as exemplary! Probably a halo effect now.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 30th June 2018 at 12:33.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 14:50   #127
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread!

From the polls, its quite clear that there are mixed feelings about Driven, and their offerings.

I'm looking to do some audio upgrades in our old Honda City (dolphin shape) within a budget of 20-25k. Can anyone please let me know if there any reliable installers/shops in the east delhi region? I live in Noida, so it would be better for me if its closer.

Appreciate your support!
Old 2nd November 2023, 00:42   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Bumping up an old thread!

From the polls, its quite clear that there are mixed feelings about Driven, and their offerings.

I'm looking to do some audio upgrades in our old Honda City (dolphin shape) within a budget of 20-25k. Can anyone please let me know if there any reliable installers/shops in the east delhi region? I live in Noida, so it would be better for me if its closer.

Appreciate your support!
Hey Brother, did you get it done? I am looking for Seltos and if nothing else happens will pick motor concept
Old 26th December 2023, 12:44   #129
BHPian

Hello , Driven has been relocated To MG Road a year back and managed by Mr Subhan. Moreover, the old shop has changed its name and is headed by Rana Ji, just for info.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th December 2023 at 20:27. Reason: minor edit.
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 19:41   #130
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Driven has been relocated To MG Road
It's called Auto Shack, and that too has shifted to MG Road.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th December 2023 at 20:27. Reason: quoted post edited.
Old 28th December 2023, 00:34   #131
BHPian

Good to know. I know Aman at Motor Concepts was greet, not sure if they are still open. It was a hassle to drive up to his shop due the location but he did decent work. The US has made me DIY but I haven’t done car audio in years now, don’t need to here. Awaiting Cybertruck delivery as I type this.
Old 28th December 2023, 12:01   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know. I know Aman at Motor Concepts was greet, not sure if they are still open. It was a hassle to drive up to his shop due the location but he did decent work. The US has made me DIY but I haven’t done car audio in years now, don’t need to here. Awaiting Cybertruck delivery as I type this.
He Is still in business sir and one of the finest installer we have in Delhi / NCR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks