Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 22:23   #16
BANNED

re: DIY: The Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
As i understand this you have shifted the fulcrum of the lever ( ball joint) towards the top end to achieve a short throw. So this should act sideways also. Is it so?
Theoretically it should, and does too, but somehow i feel the difference isn't noticeable. Just an illusion maybe.
Old 18th November 2015, 19:36   #17
BHPian

Short Shifter for Bolero NGT 520 Gearbox

Hi,

Has anybody done a Short Shifter mod on a Bolero NGT 520 Gearbox?
Is it possible? Is there any ready-made kit available? I basically want to bring up the lever a bit and reduce the throw.

I did come across this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-shifter.html

Thanks in advance.

-- Torqy
Old 29th November 2015, 13:32   #18
BANNED

Re: Short Shifter for Bolero NGT 520 Gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Hi,

Has anybody done a Short Shifter mod on a Bolero NGT 520 Gearbox?
Is it possible? Is there any ready-made kit available? I basically want to bring up the lever a bit and reduce the throw.

I did come across this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-shifter.html

Thanks in advance.

-- Torqy

If you can get me some pictures of the shifter assembly and linkages, i might be able to help. But then, the power needed for the Bolero NGT 520 gearbox is quite a bit even with the huge long shifter it has. It might be worse after the mod.
racerdabba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 19:41   #19
BHPian

Re: Short Shifter for Bolero NGT 520 Gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdabba View Post
If you can get me some pictures of the shifter assembly and linkages, i might be able to help. But then, the power needed for the Bolero NGT 520 gearbox is quite a bit even with the huge long shifter it has. It might be worse after the mod.
I figured the shifter does not go "straight" into the box. It goes to the left side of the box with two L bends before reaching the fulcrum....making it pretty complicated. I'll just live with it.

-- Torqy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks