Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 21:50   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Floor mats for my Scorpio

Hi M35.Nice job. I'm pretty sure no other service provider will do it with so much precision as one would do it for his own car. And its nice of you that you have provided the dimensions also. Are those mats water repellent.?and is the base rubber based.? if it is, then it's more likely that they will crack in summer if the inside of the car is not kept cool.that means one should look for a shade to park the car under it.
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 18:54   #17
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
but do you know what kind of shops would have it? I'm in Pune
You should find it in any nearby Carpet store in your locality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post
and is the base rubber based.? if it is, then it's more likely that they will crack in summer if the inside of the car is not kept cool.that means one should look for a shade to park the car under it.
Does not look like pure rubber and hasn't hardened yet as well. It's more of a carpet type.
Old 28th November 2015, 19:50   #18
M35
BHPian

Update:

The mat/carpet has held up really well. Just a month short of 2 years, still going strong with absolutely no signs of any sort of deterioration.

Handled all sort of weather/seasons quite comfortably. The floor never looked /felt bad even after 2000km long drives. Maintaining the interior has become even easier. Absorbs quite a bit of water before it gets really wet visibly. It does seem to gel very well with the new custom seats.

DIY: Floor mats for my Scorpio-dsc_2586.jpg
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks