Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2020, 01:19   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: Boot Lid Raiser for the VW Vento

A brilliant thread there Kris_risk and an amazing DIY!
And good job Parag_pv doing all this is a cost effective and easy way! I wanted to ask you this...
I have a 2018 Vento, which has this automatic boot opening (not electric) function upon unlocking the boot, but, it has stopped working since I've gotten a spoiler (stock from VW) installed on the car. It is because of the extra weight of the spoiler. Do you think this hack would make that function work again as IMO, the struts need a little more force now?
Archie_27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 03:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
A brilliant thread there Kris_risk and an amazing DIY!
And good job Parag_pv doing all this is a cost effective and easy way! I wanted to ask you this...
I have a 2018 Vento, which has this automatic boot opening (not electric) function upon unlocking the boot, but, it has stopped working since I've gotten a spoiler (stock from VW) installed on the car. It is because of the extra weight of the spoiler. Do you think this hack would make that function work again as IMO, the struts need a little more force now?
Since both, the thread owner and the other person have remained inactive for quite a while, let me give you my 2 cents.

I see no reason why it should not work, especially considering these DIYs mentioned here have been done specifically on the Vento. And like you said, it’s most probably just the weight of the spoiler; you need to rig up something that counters the extra weight and provides a greater force upwards.

On a curious note, can you make a video of the existing boot opening mechanism please? It would be nice to see the automatic opening you speak of.
Old 6th April 2021, 11:30   #33

I plan on doing the same in my 2016 Honda city. It will unlock the trunk but it wont raise it the slightest bit.
Old 25th February 2022, 10:04   #34
BHPian

Hey guys, my 2016 Vento's "automatic" trunk opening (not electric) has stopped working because of age, I guess? Any suggestions on what I should ask the service advisor to change?

It was quite a useful function while it was working and I'm sorely missing it nowadays.

No idea how to bring it up during routine service (it's not a listed function AFAIK, just a happy coincidence that when you opened the trunk remotely, the lid would raise by itself all the way up.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks