Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 16:15   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushpreet.97 View Post
I am not being rude but those reverse bulbs are a little to bright and may cause problem to other guys !
I agree that the light is too bright and I have mentioned the same in the post too but I have kept it as reverse will be hardly used so it will not be bothering anyone and if used too, it will be for a short while.

IMO shouldn't be any problem.
Old 12th June 2015, 17:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift

Probably just the way it looks in the pics, but the led setup seems to be scattering too much light, I really prefer the OEM throw. Seems more precise, and yes, those reverse lights are gonna blind anyone behind you, but most importantly if the light is indeed being scattered as it appears in the snaps, then it will lower visibility for you as well during reversing. Please recheck versus another stock car before deciding to stick with the led.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 18:43   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Probably just the way it looks in the pics, but the led setup seems to be scattering too much light, I really prefer the OEM throw.
I accidentally dropped one bulb so I'm stuck with only one LED for the reverse.

I am planning to order the Philips Xtreme Vision LED for the brakes and reverse by tomorrow morning. Hope things are going to be good with it.
Old 13th June 2015, 02:25   #19
BHPian

I remember you contacting me for the bulbs sir.
Neat neat install. And sorry couldn't help you out with it but none the less the XV LED for the brakes will be better.

I prefer bright reverse too, will put the idiots from banging your car at night while reversing.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 10:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
4) Issues being faced during the project

Here is the video for Hyper Flashing on my car:

Now I am in the dilemma as to what needs to be done to get things sorted out. Do I have alternatives to be used instead of Splicing wires, adding a load resistor for the LED's to function correctly?
Check this link out. A fellow member has replaced the relay which controls the flashing of lights to a LED specific one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-tricks-4.html

Search 'LED flasher relay 3 pin' or 'LED flasher relay 2 pin' on Aliexpress to get number of results.

Find out which type is present in your swift from MASS and its location too. After that you just have to order that relay and replace it and you are done.No need to add any resistor or splice any wires
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 10:45   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Unfortunately yes in the case of Swift. If there was a separate flasher relay then you could have just swapped the relay to an LED compatible one. In Swift its the BCM that controls the flashing (probably there's a relay inside BCM module which may not be intended as a serviceable/replaceable part) and there is no user accessible flasher relay in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Find out which type is present in your swift from MASS and its location too. After that you just have to order that relay and replace it and you are done.No need to add any resistor or splice any wires
Hey Sagar, thanks for the link.

Look at the post above by Sankar who as already tried the LED conversion in his Swift but had to add 4 resistors as there is no separate flasher relay. I haven't checked it though.

I'll check with MASS once too.
Old 29th June 2015, 10:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Search 'LED flasher relay 3 pin' or 'LED flasher relay 2 pin' on Aliexpress to get number of results.
They are available on eBay India for 140-150rs. Just search for "solid state flasher". Ordering from eBay India will be way faster than aliexpress.
Old 29th June 2015, 21:22   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
They are available on eBay India for 140-150rs. Just search for "solid state flasher". Ordering from eBay India will be way faster than aliexpress.

Had searched on eBay IN. But since no 3 pin relay were there. Hence Ali express.

@Anurag. If its inside the BCM then tough luck.What you can do is add a two wire tap connectors on indicator positive or negative wire and have a couple of resistors of appropriate value . This is the least intrusive way .

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th June 2015 at 21:26.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:01   #24
BANNED

Quote:
@Anurag. If its inside the BCM then tough luck.What you can do is add a two wire tap connectors on indicator positive or negative wire and have a couple of resistors of appropriate value . This is the least intrusive way .
I too need to see if there is some way to get around this without splicing. I am not wanting to touch the OEM wiring.

Trying if something can be done, else drop the project and leave it stock.
Old 10th July 2015, 22:18   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Quote:
Had searched on eBay IN. But since no 3 pin relay were there. Hence Ali express.

Hey guys,

Was going through the manual but I could not see anything worthy for the relay regarding the flashers. Attaching the part of fuses and relay taken from the owners manual.

DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-enginehorz.jpg

Any suggestions as to which would it be? Any way forward?
Old 14th July 2015, 23:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Was going through the manual but I could not see anything worthy for the relay regarding the flashers. Attaching the part of fuses and relay taken from the owners manual.

Attachment 1390860

Any suggestions as to which would it be? Any way forward?

There is no flasher relay in your Swift that you can change....
If the indicator malfunctions - change the BCM; that is what even the workshop manual say.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:31   #27
BANNED

Quote:

If the indicator malfunctions - change the BCM; that is what even the workshop manual say.

Where is this BCM located? So other than adding load resistors to the circuit, there is no way around for the Swift?!

There goes the project down the drain.
Old 15th July 2015, 00:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Where is this BCM located?
It's under the dashboard towards the right side above throttle pedal.
Old 15th July 2015, 01:07   #29
BANNED

Quote:

You are right. Look at this wiring circuit diagram.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150715_010652.png
Views: 5286
Size:  333.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150715_010702.png
Views: 6618
Size:  332.5 KB
Old 12th July 2016, 00:07   #30
BANNED

After a lot of saving and thinking, I bought the LED bulbs that I wanted for long. I know they are costly but quality and reliability are very good to ignore.

Philips Xtreme Vision LED - P21/5W 1157 type

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-1157-...71NBZVBM6DNZGR

Paid: $27 for it and was brought to me by a friend who was coming to Hyderabad for a month. Saved almost 2.5K on import fees and postage if I would have got it through Amazon.com!

Here are some pictures:

The packing:
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-philips-xtreme-vision-led.jpg

OEM Bulb
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-1.-oem.jpg

The LED bulb
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-led.jpg

Parking Light
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-3.-parking-light.jpg

Brake Light
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-4.-brake-light.jpg

OEM Parking lamp ON
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-5.-oem-parking-lamp.jpg

OEM vs LED - Parking Lamp [Left: OEM & Right: LED]
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-6.-oem-vs-led-parking-light.jpg

OEM vs LED - Brake Lamp [Left: OEM & Right: LED]
DIY Install: LED tail-lights & indicators in the Maruti Swift-7.-oem-vs-led-brake-light.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks