Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 20:49   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Installing a Momo Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The below picture is what struck me after I saw the horn pad on the new MOMO steering wheel and your t-bhp profile picture. Little did I know, that this is exactly the view you enjoy even today

Attachment 1426190

Now that I think of it, I wonder what is it with the Italians that they prefer smaller pads

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Hi, That Horn Button in the Center of the Fiat/Padmini steering is not the only thing. You seem top have forgotten the use of the Shiny Ring which is actually for honking your presence. Works well with Thumbs!
Old 18th October 2015, 23:01   #17
BANNED

What you guys are doing is fine for cars without a SRS or Airbag. I am just issuing a polite warning. It does not take a lot of trigger the airbag.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What you guys are doing is fine for cars without a SRS or Airbag. I am just issuing a polite warning. It does not take a lot of trigger the airbag.
Dear Sir,

Your keen observation is so pertinent, and so much welcomed, as i just could not help smiling at the very thought of it. perhaps more stronger and severe than banging your head on the wall but face on the wall.

Regards
Old 21st February 2018, 14:38   #19
abk
BHPian

Replacing Toyota Corolla 2008 (E120) stock steering wheel with smaller steering

I've recently bought a pre-owned Toyota Corolla 2008 (E120), base variant. I intend to do several modifications including replacing the plain jane stock steering wheel with a smaller wheel, primarily because:
  1. Find the steering wheel a little too big
  2. No steering mounted audio controls (plan to change the current 2-DIN SONY WX-VX55S Video CD MP3 player)
  3. The large steering wheel blocks the turn indicator displays on the dashboard from my view after I have settled into my most comfortable driving position

For the 3rd point raising the steering wheel upwards helps but I'd prefer keeping it to the lowest vertical level. Experts please advise/guide if there is any smaller, preferably with mounted audio controls, steering wheel available for uncomplicated replacement of the stock.

I searched around on this forum but could not find an existing thread for this. Apologies moderators, if I may have overlooked.
abk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks