Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:48   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPower View Post
There's a clone? I never knew that. Where did you get the 4 inch polisher? I need to get one as well..
The Bigfoot was too rich for my blood.
Thankfully Aliexpress has clones of almost all popular ones - Meguiars, 3M and the Rupes. Pretty decent quality for the price, maybe a bit higher on the vibration and noise than the original but good enough for a hobby detailer like me.

I bought my 4 incher from Glaze Polishes, USA. Another option is to just get a 3.5 inch backing plate and use 4 inch pads with that.
Old 1st April 2016, 16:15   #17

Good DIY detailing job and the car look stunning

I have used several dashboard cleaners like Formula1 on the Polo's dashbord and nothing really brings any results! Any recommendations?
Old 4th April 2016, 05:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromal View Post
Good DIY detailing job and the car look stunning

I have used several dashboard cleaners like Formula1 on the Polo's dashbord and nothing really brings any results! Any recommendations?
I use Sonax cockpit spray to clean it, and 1:3 diluted carpro perl to protect it from discolouring. But what results you are exactly looking for though? I've never used formula 1 so I am not sure what it does. Perl is very versatile, you can layer it if you want it to be glossy and just one coat will give you a nice satin finish.
Old 5th April 2016, 10:14   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPower View Post
I use Sonax cockpit spray to clean it, and 1:3 diluted carpro perl to protect it from discolouring. But what results you are exactly looking for though? I've never used formula 1 so I am not sure what it does. Perl is very versatile, you can layer it if you want it to be glossy and just one coat will give you a nice satin finish.
I'm looking for an original look, didn't want it to be glossy.
Did Sonax cockpit spray give any polished finish? I'm asking this since you use carpro pearl additionally.
Mine is a cross polo, So I wanted a product for protecting the black cladding, any recommendation?
Old 8th April 2016, 12:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromal View Post
I'm looking for an original look, didn't want it to be glossy.
Did Sonax cockpit spray give any polished finish? I'm asking this since you use carpro pearl additionally.
Mine is a cross polo, So I wanted a product for protecting the black cladding, any recommendation?
Sonax cockpit spray (green bottle) is a wipe on wipe away product and leaves a matte look on the surface, it has no gloss at all. Perl varies from satin gloss to just becoming super glossy depending on the number of coats you apply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks