Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2018, 21:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Park Assist PLA 2.0 (self park/auto park) on a VW Jetta

Ok - firstly man this is just incredible. I’m running out of words to explain how meticulously this work is executed. This is the next level of pure mod I could call

May I ask, what motivated you the most to get this installed or try this dangerous task? Because, with high end vehicles, electrical & electronics are pretty complicated. You seem to have demystified your entire way out.

Put your contact details out here, who knows VW might hire you
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 17:49   #17
BHPian

One word! Just excellent. Really awesome to see such levels of passion and dedication! Only on TBHP. Way to go.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 20:07   #18

Posts like these make me go WOW. Any similar link to do it on a Diesel Automatic Elantra ?
Old 7th June 2018, 12:33   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Here's Tanveer's Jetta with Park Assist:
Wow! Call me ignorant but I'm pretty sure if they see me doing that in the mall parking lot here they'll straight away call Xaviers School!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2018 at 13:10. Reason: Guess you meant the School from MCU + removing YouTube url.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 03:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Kudos for putting up a detailed write up for the same, It looks like a DIY but surely its not an easy one, Anyone attempting for it should be ready to face road blocks, Specially when germans keep on doing minor changes to their car's almost every year! Hence a installing it in car's from different years would mostly differ a little specially when it comes to the coding part.

Its surely a lovely feature to have, I had used it extensively only my car, I loved the fact that the car would make sure there is enough room for me to open the door safely!

And more than parking i used to use the Unparking feature! Almost everyday and loved it everytime, I get very tempted to try the same install on my 530d, As it does come along with it in the international market, But i really don't want to rip apart the dashboard of my 530d.

All in all, People who think its just a fancy gimmick, Surely need to try it once, it works brilliantly, And moreover its a crazy party trick, you'll be surprised to know more than i would say 90% people who saw it in my car never knew such a thing even existed! its really not common in the indian market.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 16:25   #21
BHPian

Maddy Rare to see such professional and perfectionist attitude towards work. The writeup is also very detailed with all the tools photos etc. Really impressed with your work ethic.

Need your help in installing the same system in my 2015 Highline AT Jetta in Delhi. Do you know someone who can do this kind of install in Delhi.

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 00:13   #22

Wondering, Whether this is even possible to accomplish.. bumping this thread up so that I can ask a question. I own a Jetta 2014 CL MT. I'm not getting the OPS display on my RCD330.. What should I do - I'm guessing I might need a BCM upgrade of HL.. Is my understanding correct? And BTW - I'm in Bangalore - Any contacts for this would be highly appreciated !!
Old 14th February 2022, 15:25   #23
BHPian

This is an amazing thread. I have a 2016 Highline AT with 8k OPS. Is it possible to have the system implemented ? I am based out of Hyderabad. Any leads would be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks