Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 12:15   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post

• Like all's well that ends well, iam happy to complete this project atleast in other method.

• Hope you like this DIY
Brilliant !!!!

The proof of the pudding is, in this case, cruising.

Technical understanding and your perseverance have paid off.

Way to go, @Wildy.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 12:38   #32
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Cruise Control installation on my Fiat Abarth Urban Cross Avventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Its a pitty manufacturers still continue to resorting to punny cost cutting techniques while selling there products in India.
Very True...

A complete technical DIY. Certainly not an easy task for people like me..
Congratulations to Wildy
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 08:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Take a bow and a standing ovation Raaj, your perseverance just doesn't stop to amaze me. Your never back down attitude is amazing!

Its a pitty manufacturers still continue to resorting to punny cost cutting techniques while selling there products in India.

Thank You Aditya for your kind words.
Yes, besides car prices are growing, the Indian car manufactures are going mean and saving money on simple things. Fiat India should have been offered it in the first place, especially when they are offering it in Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Brilliant !!!! The proof of the pudding is, in this case, cruising. Technical understanding and your perseverance have paid off. Way to go, @Wildy.
Thanks a lot vigsom for your encouraging words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
A complete technical DIY. Certainly not an easy task for people like me.. Congratulations to Wildy
Thank You RGK. The installation part is easy. But research part is pretty difficult and pain taking.

However, now that it was unfolded with successful fruits, it would be a breeze to fellow Indian Abarthians if they wanted to install Cruise Control in their cars. Iam really happy for that, though become a guinea pig for this project.
Wildy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 13:45   #34
BHPian

Re: Activation of Cruise Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post

Cruising comfortably at 95 speeds

Attachment 1797398[/center]

Now, every time you switch on the car, you can see CC light on control panel. Also whenever you switch On/Off the cruise stalk, you can see the CC ON/OFF messages on the panel.

Procedure to use the Cruise Control: Switch on the car and turn on CC. When car reaches speeds, say for example 60 in 4th/5th gear, set the desired speed by pressing + or - on the stalk and then leave it. This speed would be stored in the memory and would continue in that speed. Cruise Control would be deactivated when we press either clutch or brake pedals. You will have to press RES button to activate cruise control again. The stored memory will be erased once the car engine is off.
That's some serious DIY and kudos to your effort even after the wrong parts!

I am really not surprised that car companies differentiate India with other markets. They have been doing this for long!
DBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 00:50   #35
BHPian

Interesting! I am sure I wont be able to do it even with all the explanation. We are the kind of people who flock to the service centers to change the fused bulbs of their headlights When it comes to DIY there are lot of unequalities.

With that the following lines from the movie 'The Gambler' come to my mind -'You know what pisses people off about Shakespeare...What lies behind every controversy about Shakespeare is rage. Rage over the nature and unequal distribution of talent. The rage that genius appears where it appears for no material reason at all. Desiring a thing cannot make you have it.'
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 18:14   #36
BHPian

Brilliant post Wildy! Thanks for the detailed write up. Now that the secret is out I plan to try this on my, wait for it, Fiat Abarth Avventura Urban Cross
jagan88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 20:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan88 View Post
Brilliant post Wildy! Thanks for the detailed write up. Now that the secret is out I plan to try this on my, wait for it, Fiat Abarth Avventura Urban Cross
Emotion petrol
thepilot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks