Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 18:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
I've booked an XZ. Can I simply not put the XZ+lights on the XZ rather than going for the Tiago setup. That way, the warranty won't be void.
Did you find out anything regarding this? I am considering the swap on my Tiago XZA as well.
Old 6th August 2019, 18:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Did you find out anything regarding this? I am considering the swap on my Tiago XZA as well.
XZ+/Tigor Headlights are the same functionally. Wiring is the same. You need to pull off the above mentioned modification to get them to work.

The Tigor headlights just have chrome inside them whereas the Tiago XZ+ has gloss black design elements inside them.
Old 6th August 2019, 18:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
XZ+/Tigor Headlights are the same functionally. Wiring is the same. You need to pull off the above mentioned modification to get them to work.

The Tigor headlights just have chrome inside them whereas the Tiago XZ+ has gloss black design elements inside them.
Thought so, where do I get the Indica wiring harness? Can't find a scrap car anywhere near me.
Old 5th November 2019, 22:14   #19
SR7
BHPian

Nice mods! Is it possible to use H11 LEDs for the low beam projector setup in a Tiago JTP? What LED bulb and make would mimic the pattern and throw of the original H11 bulb? The heat dissipator fan would also need to fit into the low beam projector. Please advise.
Old 6th November 2019, 10:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Low beams + High Beams together: You need to us a standard 4-pin headlight relay that is available everywhere. I You could get it off Amazon or AliExpress too.

The 4-pin Relay is wired as follows:

pin 85 - Ground (to chassis)
pin 86 - High Beam Fuse Tap
pin 87 - Low Beam Fuse Tap
pin 30 - 12V from Battery

Picture showing the relay, the fuse taps, the power connection (to 12V +ve of battery) and the wire to ground (connected to chassis)
This part from your thread was very useful for me. Thanks a lot. I was looking for a way to tap into the high beam of my Nexon's headlamp. This was to power the solenoid wires of the HID projector fog lamps I installed last week.

Et viola! I remembered reading your thread a few weeks ago & looked it up. The image where you have shown the relay connections was very useful. You have clearly mentioned PINK wire for high beam. So instead of a full trial and error - I started with the PINK wire in my stock harness & indeed it was successful.

Your thread directly saved about an hour for me since the PINK wire is at the bottom of the socket and by by OCD, I'd have reached it last if I went with trial and error. Thanks a lot mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Thought so, where do I get the Indica wiring harness? Can't find a scrap car anywhere near me.
Have you tried Boodmo? You most probably will find it there, albeit at MRP & not trash price like a local garage. Today there is a 13% discount on Tata spares on Boodmo. Give it a try.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Have you tried Boodmo? You most probably will find it there, albeit at MRP & not trash price like a local garage. Today there is a 13% discount on Tata spares on Boodmo. Give it a try.
It was a part of complete harness and even if you get one end from a junk car, you need the other end from AliExpress or somewhere else. I did manage to get one end but in the end decided to buy the complete needed harness from a YouTuber who had a spare after he changed his tigor headlights.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:57   #22
BHPian

Any leads on where I can get the wire harness of the headlamp assembly of the old Indica in Mumbai.
For the purpose illustrated above by the pioneer!

Also, any issues if I don't get that and just get the upgrade and make the setting once?
Old 3rd January 2020, 02:24   #23
BHPian

Thank you drhoneycake for this thread! It made it possible for me to get the upgrade too!
Tigor headlamps in my Tiago. (Tata Tiago : Official Review)
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 18:56   #24
BHPian

I got my BS6 Tiago XZA+ 20 days ago, after waiting for 5 weeks for the lockdown to end. Have done just about 1k KMs so far and enjoyed every bit of it. Haven't done much night time driving, because of the night time restrictions of course, but the lights feel adequate to me. Need to take some rounds in my unlit village at night to see what it's really like at night.

However, the looks are a different matter altogether. I just love the projector headlamps on the Tigor and kept looking at a test drive Tigor for a good 2 minutes, just at the headlamps when taking the delivery of my Tiago.

I'll be swapping out the lights sometime next month when I can go back to the city and was wondering if anyone attempted the same with the BS6 version and found any differences from the BS4 variants. This would be my first modification and don't want to step into the water blind.
SuhairZain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:30   #25
BHPian

Coming soon Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-screenshot_20201003152807__01.jpg
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:

5. Fuse Tap
I found out that Tiago has Micro Fuses and there are quite a variety of micro fuse taps on Amazon. Can you share the link or picture of which one worked for you?
Old 14th October 2020, 15:50   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
I found out that Tiago has Micro Fuses and there are quite a variety of micro fuse taps on Amazon. Can you share the link or picture of which one worked for you?
This should work for the Tiago.

Link - Amazon.in product listing
(EDIT - this is the one I use in the Nexon also. The same parts are shared in these 3 cars extensively.)

Sometimes it comes with spare fuses. Sometimes without. If no fuses are included in the package - you'll need to procure a few from outside.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th October 2020 at 16:18.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 15:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This should work for the Tiago.

Link - Amazon.in product listing

Sometimes it comes with spare fuses. Sometimes without. If no fuses are included in the package - you'll need to procure a few from outside.
Thanks again sir you're the best. Always saving the day.
Old 15th October 2020, 02:54   #29
BHPian

Hi drhoneycake,

Thanks for uploading the detailed guide, I helped a friend to upgrade his Tiago regular head lamps to the ones with the Projectors. Everything went fine except the headlamp leveling motor as the couplers were different.

The coupler matches the Safari motor, but the motor doesn't fit on to the Tigor headlamps.
Did you by any chance find a solution for the same.
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:58   #30
BHPian

Final Images of the Project. Finally completed, everything works and totally satisfied with the results. Thanks again drhoneycake
Attached Thumbnails
Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201022_212558.jpg  

Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201023_100001.jpg  

Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-snapchat1283038739.jpg  

Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201022_094829__01.jpg  

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 23rd October 2020 at 12:22. Reason: Typo
pritanshchandra is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks