Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 15:25   #46
BHPian

Re: DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
You can also use the CAN function for early braking and RES to go back to the set speed.

There's a dongle which connects to fly audio to enable Android auto and phone mirroring. That dongle costs about 2k and does the job. Another method is to go for a hypersonic system which looks similar to.sync 3 screen but the cost is 10-15k

Also this post from Facebook might help: https://m.facebook.com/groups/ecospo...cus_composer=0
Yes, I have used CAN few times but with the habit of braking through pedals reinforced back on my mind, I rarely use it nowadays.

I cannot go for a hypersonic due to concerns at home on maintaining the car stock . I was able to find few carlinkit dongle videos on youtube but it involved some fiddling with other files being loaded on the infotainment system if I'm not wrong which was on the Flyaudio systems prior to September 2020. As mine is a Dec 2020 model and the system is now running on Android OS, I doubted if it would work and didn't take the plunge. If the dongle is a plug in to go and works with any Flyaudio, can you please share the link of any site from where I can procure the same. I tried to find one on Google but couldn't find any available on my usually trusted websites.

I requested to join the group on the Facebook link shared .

Thanks alot on your inputs!
raiuday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 19:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
If the dongle is a plug in to go and works with any Flyaudio, can you please share the link of any site from where I can procure the same. I tried to find one on Google but couldn't find any available on my usually trusted websites.
This YouTube video might give you a clear understanding before going for the dongle. There are more links in this video description to understand this dongle better or if you want to buy one.

For the ones who are searching for cruise control switches or cruise control switch with the steering or if you need only the wiring, this link has it all. However this is from Russia and you'll need to import it to India and please go ahead under your own risk

http://pro-ford.com/fiesta/

The fiesta cruise switch will fit in for old EcoSport, Figo, Aspire and freestyle

For the new EcoSport, the standalone switch with wiring is available and Ford focus and kuga steering wheels are a direct fit.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 08:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Disclaimer:

Now for the bonus mods:(Requires ForScan)

1. For enabling Navigation in MID(might help folks who have 4" MID with sync 3 v3.4)

Go to IPC module and enable the following
Attachment 2133996

2. Fog Lamps as cornering lamps
That's a great DIY you have shared!

I am more interested in the Bonus mods. I have 2018 S version with Sync 3.0. Can this be done on the default sync 3.0 (3.0 version), because I don't have 3.4 version? Also can you please elaborate what is Forscan? Sorry if I am coming across as a complete noob here.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
That's a great DIY you have shared!

I am more interested in the Bonus mods. I have 2018 S version with Sync 3.0. Can this be done on the default sync 3.0 (3.0 version), because I don't have 3.4 version? Also can you please elaborate what is Forscan? Sorry if I am coming across as a complete noob here.
Thank you 07CR!

Yes, these mods are possible with sync 3 v3.0. However, Google maps directions work only with sync v3.4 on the speedometer cluster. Additional features such as calm screen works with this version as well

Coming to forscan: Forscan is a software tool used for diagnosis of the modules present in your car and it can be used for enabling certain features which the manufacturer has not enabled (but the car needs to have the required hardware). To use Forscan you will need a license key and a OBD connector tool along with a Windows 10 Laptop

Forscan link:https://forscan.org/home.html

The bonus mods I mentioned itself are examples for my explanation.

If you want more insights, I have attached the ST line cluster change link in the first post of this thread.

To enable sync v3.4

Go to this link below as it has a detailed set of instructions to install the update.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/updat...ars-3-4-19200

Last edited by jithin23 : 13th April 2021 at 10:42.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 19:27   #50
BHPian

I saw the video. I am not sure how exactly the cornering lights work but here it is only turning ON the corresponding fog lamp when turned. I expect the lamp also to tilt in the direction of turn. or am I wrong here? Is this what we call passive cornering lamps instead of active?
Old 2nd May 2021, 21:00   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
I saw the video. I am not sure how exactly the cornering lights work but here it is only turning ON the corresponding fog lamp when turned. I expect the lamp also to tilt in the direction of turn. or am I wrong here? Is this what we call passive cornering lamps instead of active?
For the erstwhile Titanium+ and S, the foglamp lights up if the steering is turned towards a particular direction due to adaptive reversing guidelines which are dependent on the steering input and these work with the help of gyro sensors.

Whereas in the lower variants, the cornering foglamp works only with the indicator.

For both the scenarios, the headlight must be switched on.
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:19   #52
BHPian

Update: The existing steering wiring harness can be used for cruise control by making a few tweaks. Thanks to Swapna Bhatini in the FB EcoSquads group for this info. This was done for a Trend+ AT variant. For AT and MT the steering wiring is same unless you want to add paddle shifters in AT.

You can buy a Molex 34791 connector for the LHS switch side(check if it's 8 pins, only then you can use it for the cruise control switch) and Molex 32824 connector for the Clockspring side(this is 16 pin). Both are female connectors.

Note the numbers on the ends of the connector for easier identification to join the wires

Molex 32824(16 pin connector)
DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift-screenshot_20210603102248__01.jpg

Molex 34791(note the numbers 1 and 8 marked for easier installation)
DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift-screenshot_20210603141932__01.jpg

Automotive grade wiring is also required and by referring to the wiring diagram I've shared, you can get the harness prepared on your own and cruise control can be enabled easily post this step. The best part is there no wire cutting involved, you just need to connect the wires correctly as per the wiring diagram.

The cost for connectors are very less and you can get it at any reputed automobile spare parts shop or if you go to a place where they sell electronic components in bulk(like SP road in Bangalore and Ritchie Street in Chennai)

Wires can be interchanged from any harness, hence no wire cutting
DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift-screenshot_20210603150323__01.jpg

End result in a Trend+ AT
DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift-screenshot_20210603150053__01.jpg

So this workaround eliminates the possibility of waiting from aliexpress or any foreign website/vendor and the entire cruise control mod can be done under 1000 if you have the tools, Forscan and the OBD adapter handy. Such functional mods really enhance the ownership experience.

Also wanted to let you all know that my car has covered 3500km post installation and I've tested the cruise control across different speeds and Touchwood, everything works fine! The max speed cruise control can be set is at 150km/h beyond which cruise control speed cannot be set.

Last edited by jithin23 : 3rd June 2021 at 15:33.
jithin23 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks