Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 21:39   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Adding footwell lamps in my Maruti XL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Update: Footwell lamp added! The XL6 is as well equipped as a cave, specially when compared to Brezza or Baleno. One of the many things I missed in this car was a warm welcome the footwell lamp provides. At the same time, I wasn't ready for those insanely bright setups by LED strips, needed something more "OEM" looking. Well, in MGA, there are some options. Celerio got footwell lamp option as MGA in Orange color, while old WagonR got it in dark blue. Opted for more subtle Celerio's setup.

Regards,
Shashi
Installed the same Celerio footwell light in my Aspire. Though the interior light scheme in the car is ice blue, I opted for red. Tapped the wires behind the dome light and made the wires pass through the left A pillar. The stock wires were short as they were meant to be tapped near the running board. Added 1sqmm of good quality electrical cable and covered the same with fabric type automotive tape to prevent unwanted sounds and friction.

The lights are not as bright as it seems in the picture but is a nice little feature to have. Please excuse the bad looking floor mats. Have ordered fabric mats from elegant. Will post more pictures once they arrive.

DIY: Adding footwell lamps in my Maruti XL6-img_20220509_191220.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 19:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Installed the same Celerio footwell light in my Aspire.

Will post more pictures once they arrive.
Attaching the picture as promised.

DIY: Adding footwell lamps in my Maruti XL6-img_20220512_185734.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 23:37   #18
BHPian

Good day everyone, just a noob clarification regarding installation of footwell lamp on XL6, the red wire (+ve) of the footwell lamp goes to the white cable and the black wire (-ve) goes to the blue cable of the rear cabin light cable ?

Kindly advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks