Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2021, 22:02   #16

Re: D.I.Y. Installation of Rearview DashCam + Night Vision Rear Cam (Dual Channel DashCam)

Is there a possibility to have the dashcams running with an external battery or any source of power, this would help when any untoward accident happens when the car is unattended. Have always been wanting to buy one. How much does this cost?
vhharan1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 00:28   #17
BHPian

Re: D.I.Y. Installation of Rearview DashCam + Night Vision Rear Cam (Dual Channel DashCam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhharan1 View Post
Is there a possibility to have the dashcams running with an external battery or any source of power, this would help when any untoward accident happens when the car is unattended. Have always been wanting to buy one. How much does this cost?
It comes with a parking surveillance mode. But for activation of the parking surveillance mode, it needs to be connected to one of the spare fuses available in the vehicle which gets continuous power from the vehicle's battery. It detects any sort of impact to the vehicle through G-Sensor and immediately starts recording emergency video. It might result in a continuous drain of the main battery.
Price is 12k on Amazon and 11k on Nexidigitron.
Old 18th July 2021, 15:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
Did something similar for my City. Installed Viofo A129, dual camera one. Costed about 22k back in 2018. I have two issues
1. There's reflection of the dashboard in the videos. Tried adjusting the angle but still the same result. Any suggestions on that?
2. The wire routed through the A pillar rattles quite badly. Any method to tackle this?
I am also looking to buy Viofo129 for my car. How has your experience been? Should I go with Viofo or Transcend DrivePro 250?
Old 16th September 2023, 21:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post

Instead get one with a capacitor. Like the Viofo and possibly the 70mai.
All 70Mai dashcams have a Li-ion battery and not super capacitor. Viofo, Thinkware, Iroad, DDPAI have capacitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhharan1 View Post
Nexdigitron offers a battery pack for 70Mai & DDPAI. It costs around 6k. You can check the site.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2023 at 21:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.

Most Viewed