Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 14:44   #46
BHPian

Re: DIY: Carpentry & woodwork for converting Car Audio to Home Audio System

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinz.vivek View Post
Can you please share how to find such mini amplifiers? Is it plug and play? I know basic soldering, but know nothing about resistors, capacitors etc...

Hey, Sorry for replying late. Been out of teambhp for a while. You can find amplifier boards on Amazon or on SP road as well. The one you see in the picture is a TDA7492p 50w RMS board with enough power to drive these and larger speakers. I power it with a 12v 2A supply or an old laptop power brick as these run on a wide voltage range from 12v to 24v.
I had bought many such boards from Aliexpress for cheap back when it was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrkrish View Post
Connected a, TPA3116 2.1 50Wx2+100W Bluetooth CSR4.0 Class D Power Amplifier with Acrylic Case, purchased from site robu.in.

A good amplifier, clear sound, the only drawback being absence of auxiliary input port, and maybe shorter bluetooth range. All these boards need a ac to DC converter.
This is also a good amplifier. I had bought this from banggood for about 1200 few years ago. But the TPA series boards like this one aren't as clean sounding as the TDA chip based boards. Also they get bit hotter. The bass channel is pretty weak on mine and the bluetooth range is also limited. But the left and right channels are very punchy.

There are newer boards like ZK-MT21 and the one that I've eyed for a while, the ZK-HT21 or clones like XY-S220H
jothishX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:08   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post

There are newer boards like ZK-MT21 and the one that I've eyed for a while, the ZK-HT21 or clones like XY-S220H
Are those amplifier good in sound reproduction? Especially the one which are class-D ans has wireless speaker connectivity?

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2022 at 22:06. Reason: Shortening the quoted portion
~Zombie~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zombie~ View Post
Are those amplifier good in sound reproduction? Especially the one which are class-D ans has wireless speaker connectivity?
They are really good for music. If you've speaker boxes that has three channels inbuilt (mid range speaker, tweeter and maybe woofer), these boards can be used for movies as they are mostly geared towards low end and may have some bass in the dialogues.

If you've a crossover circuit, utilize that to split the audio to two or three ranges to utilize these boards to their fullest.
jothishX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks