Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 17:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes the direction control knob is in face + foot position only. No it doesn't. Just in case you want more air you can go in for a higher blower speed. In any case I generally use it at speed 1 or 2 only and it is fine even in Delhi heat.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Mods can you please either close this thread or merge it with the one already open as I ahve already doen this mod and am sorry or not continuing in this thread itself.
Old 29th July 2008, 18:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

> Yes the direction control knob is in face + foot position only. No it doesn't.

OK.

> case I generally use it at speed 1 or 2 only and it is fine even in Delhi heat.

That means your temperature knob is full towards the blue always! In my case, it is ther only when the car needs rapid cooling especially after having parked under the sun.

With your system, the slightly reduced facial level air is compensated by the cool air forced into the rear compartment. I think your system results in a much more evenly cooled cabin!

Good effort!

I was using a 'custom made' blower in the Safari to enhance the flow of air to the front passenger side as my wife always complained about the lack of air flow in her direction.

Another variation of the above was fitted above and just behind the front seat of my Sumo to direct cool air to the back. It is still working in that Sumo which is now with my friend.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the roof mounted blower is indeed an option but in a Marina that would have eaten into the usable space and moreover I plan to add a tft screen and it would have hampered the egronomics inside the cabin.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 30th July 2008 at 15:41.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

The vents look more like Indica Units than Zen ones to me!
Old 31st July 2008, 00:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Does it make a difference? If they are Indica's I think they would feel more at home wont they? Anyway the guy said they were Zen's and I had a Zen for 6 years and they do look familiar but will cross check tomorrow.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

> Yeah the roof mounted blower is indeed an option but in a Marina that would

The contraption I made would fit only in a Sumo, not even a Safari.

You can get compact blowers, but the piping etc would be a real challenge in ergonomics.

You have used the least space consuming method!
Old 31st July 2008, 13:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Good effort, thoughtful. Now you need to do something to get the finish right, why don't you think of some fibreglass enclosure. I'm sure there will be good fibreglassers in Delhi. It can even help you angle the vents slightly up for better directional control. You can also provide the rear blower fan speed adjustment for the rear passenger. From the photo it looks like you have provided it somewhere near the driver.

All the same, excellent effort, I appreciate it.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I am looking to procure the Indigo XL rear central console part. If I can find it good otherwise then Ill work on the finishing part. a full Fibreglass enclosure might hamper the rear part operation of the hand brake but it would definately work for the front facia. Hmm food for thought.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:06   #40
Team-BHP Support

wanderer nomad, Tata indica/go series have very powerful front blowers which can very adequately cool the rear bench very fast in scorching new Delhi heat. Infact its almost impossible to use the blower at full blast.
So adding another blower just to carry air to rear bench does not make sense unless you are thinging about incorporating a separate roof etc., unit with its own cooling coil. Such a setup will set you back by 10K.
So a better option will be to checkout a new indigo marina/indica etc., and see if your blower speed matches those. If your car is old, the cooling coils may be choked with grime/dirt and you may need to get dashboard removed and cooling coils cleaned. This job will cost 1200 atmost, and you will not need to worry about jugaads.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Tch Tanveer, see the back pages. I am afraid you have missed the point totally. I hope its not the hangover from the HDFC thingie..lol.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:19   #42
Team-BHP Support

Ohh ok, its been done.. My bad!
Old 5th August 2008, 13:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Jayd : I apologise mate for the wrong post. Yes they are Indigo/Indica units and the reaon they looked familar is because I am using an Indigo now.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:55   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@Jayd : I apologise mate for the wrong post. Yes they are Indigo/Indica units and the reaon they looked familar is because I am using an Indigo now.
You have forgotten the Lancer.

I have noticed ,they have a wonderful ducting system for rear seat cooling.

Do check them once, might help make a wonderful set-up rather than all this Jugaad

On the contrary, is'nt the normal blower OK with A/C on.

A Bigger car like Safari, the a/c cools the entire car on speed -1 from the front blower in no time.

Why dont you get your a/c checked at a reputed shop for achieving better cooling.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

Pavan: Sorry for the late reply. Lancer has ducts for rear seat cooling? Can you elaborate on what kind of set up do they have? Normally blower is at 1 or 2 only for cooling and the car cools just fine. Its just that on real hot afternoons after the car has been parked in the sun for long it just helps in better air circulation. Plus the rear passengers feel a lot more comfortable with the flow of air on their limbs on such hot afternoons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks