Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 10:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Its a really clean job Bro. And to accomplish such a nice finish with such basic materials is even well thought of.

My only concern is that when I park my car outside, some pest always tends to rest his back or fiddle with the outside of my car. Any loose thing gets plucked or pulled or fiddled with. There will be many other members who'll vouch for that. No wonder from no-where scratches appear on the body that have been deliberately made by some "punk" for reasons unknown . I wonder how long the eyelids would last before they are "fiddled" with.
Hi!
I agree on that 'fiddling' bit. Ever since i have installed the ICE etc...i am afraid to park it in places i am not comfortable...i would much rather find a secure parking...pay for it...& still cover my ICE with a cleaning cloth etc...so that fear will ALWAYS be there
Old 15th October 2007, 10:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
hey vivek!!!

that is a neat DIY job.

am almost sure it wont melt as a HID does not give off too much more heat than the halogens (i think u have HIDs on both hi and lo beams? yeah)

one thing that can happen to the double sided tape is that they may get weathered easily, with such varying climes as in pune.

whatever,... your car looks very evil. compliment it with a DIY demon eyes if possible.

there are umpteen DIY ideas for that on the net using strands of optic fibre from a shelf piece at a novelty store.
Hi!

Well i have used it in the last couple of days...no probs so far...i would love the 'angel eyes' effect...but one has to BAKE the glue of the lights open...if it goes wrong its 5000 bucks down the drain (cost of a new light cluster)
Old 15th October 2007, 11:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

ohh lovely job bro and your ride for sue looks mea..nice work i really liked it keep it up.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Hi!

Well i have used it in the last couple of days...no probs so far...i would love the 'angel eyes' effect...but one has to BAKE the glue of the lights open...if it goes wrong its 5000 bucks down the drain (cost of a new light cluster)

chor bazaar zindabaad! you can get it opened and fixed back too!

Amey's skoda headlights had blackend.

New ones cost Rs. 18000/-

We got them repaired and cleaned at chor bazaar for Rs. 1200/-
and they're as good as new! No issues whatsoever!
Old 15th October 2007, 11:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post

We got them repaired and cleaned at chor bazaar for Rs. 1200/-
and they're as good as new! No issues whatsoever!

!!! just when i was posting a reply to 1self, i saw this.

i would surely like to try this. now i gotta get myself a full fledged TSX or the like of a projector and good shrouds, then a philips D2S.

so is it 1self or me for the first headlamp - projector retro?
Old 19th October 2007, 20:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

1self the eyelids look cool, great DIY

Btw IMHO HIDs run cooler than Halogens, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:55   #37
BHPian

Hi Technocrat,

The HID'd consume less POWER (35w as compared to 50w). Yes they are like tube-lights...require much higher initial current & voltage...then run relatively cooler...so i was wrong in saying that it runs at higher temperatures.

What is high intensity discharge lighting (hid) and how does it work?
Old 20th October 2007, 05:37   #38
BHPian

What is the point of eyelids? Are they purely aesthetic? Do they add something special to your headlight usage?

Considering the number of people who think it's okay to drive around with full beams, I think these should be made stock with every car!!
Old 20th October 2007, 08:19   #39
BHPian

Hi verbmetal,

My purpose was purely aesthetic. Now that i have them....yes i can drive with full beams without annoying too many people!!

But, on a serious note....yes it does help with in NOT dazzling on-coming vehicles to an extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks