Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 09:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Wow! your car looks amazing!!! :shokked:

Do you fabricate the projectors for other cars too??
Old 6th December 2009, 22:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I dont think a stock Accent can beat a Laura that too 140hp with DSG.
[quote=aZa;1618422]Even the 104bhp laura is quick! maybe he wasn't racing he was slipstreaming

quote]

you're right friend , for once i took it on my heart, and to talk about about being a 'DRIVER' , i am driving since the age of 5 ! and as my age now is 29 , it means that i have been driving since the last 24 years , so i couldn't resist putting up my point when i saw you saying that you won from a Laura , might be possible that the other driver was not even thinking of racing , it could be just you who thought that you won a race , even if there might not be any race happenening !!! sorry for my ideas again , my bad .
Old 6th December 2009, 22:32   #48
BHPian

and one more thing dear friend , if the car you a raced had a DSG , you wouldn't have had any chance , despite all of your clutching tricks , because DSG gearbox changes gears in split seconds and at perfect timings
Old 6th December 2009, 22:33   #49
BHPian

By the way , you have done an awesome work there , can i get anything like that for my zen please ???
Old 6th December 2009, 23:35   #50
BHPian

[quote=sajid33;1619381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Even the 104bhp laura is quick! maybe he wasn't racing he was slipstreaming

quote]

you're right friend , for once i took it on my heart, and to talk about about being a 'DRIVER' , i am driving since the age of 5 ! and as my age now is 29 , it means that i have been driving since the last 24 years , so i couldn't resist putting up my point when i saw you saying that you won from a Laura , might be possible that the other driver was not even thinking of racing , it could be just you who thought that you won a race , even if there might not be any race happenening !!! sorry for my ideas again , my bad .

Hi i Design cars and i know the power train of every possible car, i want my friend to put up a testimonial that he lost to my accent, like i said he was scared that he might crash his brand new Laura. but it was a race race. i'm not boasting i just like the kicks out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
By the way , you have done an awesome work there , can i get anything like that for my zen please ???

thanks and it can be done for any car. the 2 things one need to have is time and money.

Quote:
and one more thing dear friend , if the car you a raced had a DSG , you wouldn't have had any chance , despite all of your clutching tricks , because DSG gearbox changes gears in split seconds and at perfect timings
I appreciate your knowledge and i'm aware of this fact about DSG. you enjoy your ride i have nothing against that.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th December 2009 at 09:34. Reason: See note in post.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:20   #51

WOW!! Those Headlights look SUPER COOL!! I So want one of these in My Honda Dio.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:38   #52
BHPian

[quote=3seriesCoupe;1619484]
Quote:

I appreciate your knowledge and i'm aware of this fact about DSG. you enjoy your ride i have nothing against that.

[/b]

My intentins were not to start an arguement my friend , i'm sorry if you feel i did that.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:50   #53
BHPian

Just to add my two cents worth.

The Accent is a fast car. But Skodas are indeed faster on a long drag race because it has a higher engine and power.

On a recent trip, I was outrun on the Ahd expressway only by a Skoda which was like doing a 150-160 while I was in the 130s. Did not really feel like stressing out the guts of my 2001 Accent GLX baby just to get even with the guy

But on a drag race at the signal, the accent can outrun most cars. Been there, done that AND do that.

15 secs for 0-100 looks longish. will check on my stock car with Mich XM1+.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:37   #54
BHPian

@Longford - bro , as you were talking about tyres , just help me on it , i just changed the tyres of my suzuki swift vdi , at first , i was confident to go for michs , but my cousin confused me by talking highly of Bridgestone Potenza GIII , at last i shod my ride with Potenza GIII , how would you rank them against the Mich MX1 ?
Old 7th December 2009, 17:57   #55
BHPian

Sajid,

Tyres that you mention are highly debated and different owners have different things to report. Why? because, driving styles vary, car condition varies, pushing abilities differ. IMHO, no two comparisons will be accurate.

When I set out to get new shoes for my baby, this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...lrounders.html)was my reference guide. Folks were either this side or the other. At the end of the day you have to make that informed decision and go with your heart for your baby.

After I bought my tyres, some friend remarked that the wall is soft etc. Did not care about all that. Did I enjoy it? Of course, the new tyres gave me more confidence to push her beyond 70 kmph cruising to 80-100 kmph. My mileage did suffer for unknown reasons. From 13.5-14 it was now to 12 - 12.5 for Palm beach 11 km ride.

On the trip to Rajasthan and back I got around 15-16 I think.But the ride has been good. Maybe compared to Potenza it may last a year less because of the softie reasons, but 3-4 years of cool driving experience would be far more valuable :-)

Enjoy the ride, man!

@pradeep pl bear with me, I shall try to get the photos up soon. Inshah allah and time willing. Its never easy to resettle in at work after a 15 day vacation. Had 250+ emails to deal with on day 1 and they just keep on coming.
Old 8th December 2009, 06:57   #56
BHPian

Sajid

my take would be Michs MX1, they are just awesome amazingly silent and great grip. done 16K and very satisfied.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post

But on a drag race at the signal, the accent can outrun most cars. Been there, done that AND do that.
I second that . i always wondered if im fast or others are slow on signal to signal until i tried with others cars. Accent is perfect for signal to signal drag. and in BLR is like 100 mtr drag as we have more signals than road.

OT : how come we dont have a separate thread for Accent, like pics of TBPians Accent or something where we can discuss about our car.

Last edited by livyodream : 8th December 2009 at 14:54.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post

OT : how come we dont have a separate thread for Accent, like pics of TBPians Accent or something where we can discuss about our car.
Good idea. livyodream
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:18   #59
BHPian

hey guys my ride is at the clinic for some plastic surgery, apparently some guy just put a dent on the rear in the process of saving a women on 2 wheeler, did not shout at him thought it was for a good cause, the Doc is charging me 5k to fix it. will get the car in the evening today. and i have to go back tomorrow for rubbing and polish. :(

hey another thing we were to start a HYUNDAI ACCENT forum what happened to that. and request all ACCENT owners to post pics of their ride.

cheers
3seriescoupe
Old 24th December 2009, 10:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3seriesCoupe View Post
hey guys my ride is at the clinic for some plastic surgery, apparently some guy just put a dent on the rear in the process of saving a women on 2 wheeler, did not shout at him thought it was for a good cause, the Doc is charging me 5k to fix it. will get the car in the evening today. and i have to go back tomorrow for rubbing and polish. :(

hey another thing we were to start a HYUNDAI ACCENT forum what happened to that. and request all ACCENT owners to post pics of their ride.

cheers
3seriescoupe
Unfortunate to hear your state of affairs. 5K seems steep for a dental fix. There is a guy on Palm Beach at the start near Belapur. Guy does a good job with very reasonable prices. He is at the corner near the bridge and tyre shop. Besides, if you can swing by, there are like at least 20 odd shops doing all kind of stuff - painting, tin work, AC fixing, cleaning etc.

Most Viewed