Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 05:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Jayem Neo – Tata Nano EV to be launched on Nov 28, 2017

Looks like this company is in a good position to offer ICE to EV conversion services. Apart from "Hawk EV"; a Karnataka based company which barely exists, there seem to be no other active players.
Old 21st May 2023, 15:26   #62
BHPian

Just few days back i saw Nano cars parked near my home in BTM Layout, Bangalore.
Interestingly they had green colored registration plates installed.

I am not sure if they are converted from ICE to electric vehicle or they are prototypes which Tata Motors are testing. Seeing the car condition it definitely did not look like an old car and i vote for the latter one.

Jayem Neo – Tata Nano EV to be launched on Nov 28, 2017-img_5534.jpg

Jayem Neo – Tata Nano EV to be launched on Nov 28, 2017-img_5463.jpg

Note - Photos were taken by my pillion so apologies for any clarity issues.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 00:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKMADDY17 View Post
Just few days back i saw Nano cars parked near my home in BTM Layout, Bangalore.
Interestingly they had green colored registration plates installed.

I am not sure if they are converted from ICE to electric vehicle or they are prototypes which Tata Motors are testing. Seeing the car condition it definitely did not look like an old car and i vote for the latter one.
These are the Jayem Neo cars. These were made in 2021, and supplied to a few cab operators in Bangalore and Hyderabad. However they never started operations due to the lockdowns soon after. Recently they have been acquired in bulk and put on sale across KA, KL and TS.
Have seen a few in Bangalore too. Asking prices are between 3-4 lakhs with less than 1k on the odometers.
the.dogfather is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.dogfather View Post
Have seen a few in Bangalore too. Asking prices are between 3-4 lakhs with less than 1k on the odometers.
Where is it available for purchase? I did google search but did not find any information.
Old 28th May 2023, 19:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Where is it available for purchase? I did google search but did not find any information.
They are being sold in the used car market.
Attaching a post on OLX

www.olx.in/item/tata-nano-2020-electric-iid-1729627036

These have been on sale for the last few months in KA/KL/TS and each seller has a batch of 10-20 cars.

Few reviews and other listings have been posted in this thread earlier too.
the.dogfather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 22:40   #66
BHPian

I found one listing on OLX (in BLR) for nearly 5L INR.

But the main questions are - What about the servicing of the car ? Does tata dealerships provide service for this car because Jayem Neo does not seem to provide service. What is the warranty on battery and motor? None of this info is mentioned in the listing.
Old 30th May 2023, 20:56   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I found one listing on OLX (in BLR) for nearly 5L INR.

But the main questions are - What about the servicing of the car ? Does tata dealerships provide service for this car because Jayem Neo does not seem to provide service. What is the warranty on battery and motor? None of this info is mentioned in the listing.
Tata at best can fix body issues. Everything else is all custom. Since this car was not intended to be sold for public and only to fleet operators. Getting to service this is going to a be a tough task.
Old 1st June 2023, 17:06   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Tata at best can fix body issues. Everything else is all custom. Since this car was not intended to be sold for public and only to fleet operators. Getting to service this is going to a be a tough task.
I don't think Tata might do the service for these cars, however, the powertrain in this is from the Tigor XpressT andthere might be parts available for it. Jayem had used the Tigor Electric's powertrain in this and even the charging port is the same. Main issues might be with the parts which are unique to this car like the instrument cluster which is custom made for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks