Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 13:47   #16
AZT
BHPian

Re: Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review

5 Star thread. Reviews like this are why I joined Team BHP
Can't wait for the day Tesla launches officially in India, sadly it will probably be north of 70 lakhs
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whew ! That was a long, but detailed read. It was informative, especially how you use it in everyday scenarios. This is truly similar to the iPhone revolution. Later on other manufacturers might come with cheaper/alternative mass EV's. But Tesla will always have that special brand image. Just like how iPhone charges a heavy premium, I expect this car to be expensive when it hits our markets.

I do wonder what all other manufactures were doing all these years with their vast expensive R&D and manpower at their disposal. You truly have to be one step ahead of the game ! Always !

Your car is a stunner and here's wishing you miles of driving pleasure and Fun in your Tesla !
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:34   #18

Congrats on your new car Harshal. Awesome detailing. Your attention and detailing about your new car is simply wow. I genuinely think Elon Musk might hire you in his team if he finds this thread. Rated 5 stars
Jaguarpaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 16:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is the MORE (mother of all reviews). Congrats on your cool blue car. As you said, they created this with a clean purpose and design. Much like Apple does most of time. Hope they will be able to reduce the battery weight with new upcoming refinements in technology. I drive my colleagues car when in US and really like the direct nature.

Ather did the same to scooter in India. Hope they will give a clean bike

Last edited by srishiva : 12th November 2020 at 16:01.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 16:49   #20
BHPian

Congratulations sir for this beauty. The colour also looks amazing. Wishing you a lot of happy miles. 5 stars rating to your review.
I love Model 3. This 1 was parked in our hotel’s parking few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-25e862589c764cca82f3242fb871a6dc.jpeg  

Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-1d4a05466d634554ac1a0dd9f986756c.jpeg  

Last edited by Bhalla : 12th November 2020 at 17:06. Reason: Added text
Bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 16:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Voted 5 Stars! This is perhaps the best car review thread I have read on this forum and even exceeds the Official Reviews.

Also this thread makes us here feel so shortchanged not to be able to experience such an accomplished automobile.
roy_libran is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 17:14   #22
BHPian

Wow, that is a marvelous review. I have to applaud the painstaking research and the effort that have gone into it. I haven't finished it yet. Congratulations on the car. Tesla should hire you or something!!
eyeman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Hint* Tesla's potential business is even bigger than, what would seem like their core business, i.e. selling cars.
Yep, I've made this statement in my Phone app video towards the end, let me put it out here as well and let's see how well it ages:
"Tesla's Software, Solar, and Energy business is going to dwarf its automotive business in the years/decades to come"

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Also waiting for them to launch Model Y in Australia before I make a decision to buy one. For me it will be the fastest one i.e. Performance
Ouh yeah! More power to you! Wish I had the foresight to get a Performance - probably the only regret I have about this car is not getting the fastest version! (And god I'd love to have Track Mode, even as a paid upgrade on my current car!)
If I had known that my Tesla stocks (which I started accumulating over 2018-2019) would increase 5x in value and be worth more than my car within one year, I probably would've gone the Performance route too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Amazing review Harshal.Bhosale.

Waiting for Tesla to enter India and get these cars on our roads. The 500 km range should kill range anxiety. Loved driving the Kona EV here. Regen braking really helps in the horrible traffic we have here, enabling 1-pedal driving.

Congrats on the car. Will keep checking this thread.
Thanks! And yeah, I think real electric vehicles with one-pedal driving will be a boon on Indian streets! Kona is a solid effort in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Wow...now that's called one wiki thread. Reflects your love for your car and it's tech. A 500 km rage would be the right recipe for India. Hopefully, 500 in the US could still translate to 400 in India.
With more manufacturer involvement, the EV scene will surely hotten up. Time to relish the IC lot till then
Oh no sir, a 500km range in the US translates to a whole lot more, probably closer to 600km in Indian roads! The US EPA range test is very heavily focused on 70mph highway runs, and in India you're lucky to get to 70mph (120kph) on most roads - only a handful legal expressways in the entire country! EVs are the opposite of ICE cars in this aspect, ICE cars perform worse in stop-go traffic and slow driving, whereas EVs get the best range at those speeds!
Already, the Tesla / other EV ratings in Europe (on the WLTP or NEDC test cycle) are much higher compared to their respective EPA ratings! Just because European roads / drive test cycles are shorter or have more slow-speed components.

I'm fairly confident that even with my driving style I'd get at least 550km on my Model 3 in India, possibly even 600-620km with light driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
Go Blue! Happy to see Wolverine plates.
Go Blue! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Whew ! That was a long, but detailed read. It was informative, especially how you use it in everyday scenarios.

I do wonder what all other manufactures were doing all these years with their vast expensive R&D and manpower at their disposal. You truly have to be one step ahead of the game ! Always !

Your car is a stunner and here's wishing you miles of driving pleasure and Fun in your Tesla !
Thank you! And yeah, Tesla has literally caught all the other giants napping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
5 Star thread. Reviews like this are why I joined Team BHP
Can't wait for the day Tesla launches officially in India, sadly it will probably be north of 70 lakhs
Thank you! Yeah, unless they start a manufacturing / CKD assembly plant in India the price is never going to be competitive. I think they can still get a respectable 2-3000 sales annually though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguarpaw View Post
Congrats on your new car Harshal. Awesome detailing. Your attention and detailing about your new car is simply wow. I genuinely think Elon Musk might hire you in his team if he finds this thread. Rated 5 stars
Hahaha I wish
An engineering (especially R&D) role in Tesla is what any engineering could only dream of; I imagine you'd get a lot of free reign to make the best decisions without corporate bureaucracy / management interference - Elon himself has stated in the past that he loathes vertical corporate structures and favors a more flat reporting structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
This is the MORE (mother of all reviews). Congrats on your cool blue car. As you said, they created this with a clean purpose and design. Much like Apple does most of time. Hope they will be able to reduce the battery weight with new upcoming refinements in technology. I drive my colleagues car when in US and really like the direct nature.

Ather did the same to scooter in India. Hope they will give a clean bike
Thank you! Yeah I've been following Ather quite a bit, was also considering placing a booking on the 450 but that would've meant my dad getting rid of my trusty old Thunderbird 500 LOL so I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhalla View Post
Congratulations sir for this beauty. The colour also looks amazing. Wishing you a lot of happy miles. 5 stars rating to your review.
I love Model 3. This 1 was parked in our hotel’s parking few days ago.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Voted 5 Stars! This is perhaps the best car review thread I have read on this forum and even exceeds the Official Reviews.

Also this thread makes us here feel so shortchanged not to be able to experience such an accomplished automobile.
Thank you! And true, I soooooo wish to be able to drive this car on Indian roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeman View Post
Wow, that is a marvelous review. I have to applaud the painstaking research and the effort that have gone into it. I haven't finished it yet. Congratulations on the car. Tesla should hire you or something!!
Thank you! And fingers crossed on that haha!

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 12th November 2020 at 18:22.
Harshal.Bhosale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 19:03   #24

This is an incredible review Harshal!!

I've always been fascinated with Tesla's and your review answers so many questions and doubts I've had about them. I have never read a more comprehensive, yet fascinating review in my life of any car. Pretty sure I'll be coming back to this review for years to come. Great job buddy and wishing the many happy miles in your incredible Saphira.

Being based in the Middle-east (no not in UAE, unfortunately) I hope I can drive these babies soon. Keep us posted on all the updates bro.
skx007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 19:46   #25
BHPian

Wow! This is not a thread it is like a hand book to Tesla.
Your love and passion for automobiles is visible in this thread.

There was no detailed/comprehensive review of any Tesla models on TBHP and rightly so as the car is not sold here in India.

Best wishes to you!
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 20:04   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Just a small correction: The Guilia Quadrifoglio isn't available in AWD. Only the Stelvio Quadrifoglio is available in AWD. And it's also (thankfully) not based on Fiat's architecture. From the 8C onwards, Alfa Romeo went back to their roots of making driver's cars, thus they are not stunning looking front wheel drive Fiats anymore. Which is evidenced by the fact that none of the Giulia variants are available in FWD!
SreeT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 21:15   #27
BHPian

What a fantabulous review, you know your stuff Dude! The details are amazingly written and I felt like I was reading an official review on T-BHP ( This should be made the official review for Model 3 otherwise )

The car looks amazing in that shade and am pretty sure it will serve you well for countless miles. Kudos on that plate as well, wish India had an option to get custom plates like this. It has so many practical as well as party tricks which can keep us nerds happy for long time. Although Tesla is not my favourite carmaker, I have tremendous respect for the company the way they have stepped up to the big manufacturers. The only grouse I have right now is the prices seems a bit high in Europe compared to US, which is same for Apple as well. A similarly specced Model 3 is around 53k euros which is around 62K USD

While looking at your youtube vidoes, I saw you took it to the track as well. Can you describe your overall experience please? Is it worth taking your daily to the track or is it better to rent something good at track? I am contemplating taking my Cooper S to track but not sure if it's such a good idea.
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 23:21   #28

Beautifully detailed review Harshal.Bhosale. I especially liked the way you explained the powertrain

Wish you a loads of miles on your car. The mention of Somerset mall, Troy, MI brought back great memories.
Jabber is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 02:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
If I had known that my Tesla stocks (which I started accumulating over 2018-2019) would increase 5x in value and be worth more than my car within one year, I probably would've gone the Performance route too!
I so envy you! I started a bit late, only started couple of months back late! I wish I had the foresight or the same knowledge about the company that I have now and I would have at-least quadrupled my stock in a year. Sigh.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 03:13   #30
BHPian

Thats a great comprehensive review of your vehicle and the whole experience. Its nice to see more Teslas in our state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post

Attachment 1903572

I like this picture for what it represents. This is the home of Henry Ford in Dearborn, Michigan, right behind my university campus (see "Fair Lane", Home of Henry and Clara Ford).
We took pictures at the same location when we had tBHP meet last fall and here is the link to those posts - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...ml#post4683676

I see that you went to U of M as well, Go Blue.

Last edited by vj123 : 13th November 2020 at 03:13. Reason: Typo
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks