Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 00:34   #46
SR7
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh

I spotted a Tigor EV on Mount Road at Chennai today, the green plates were a giveaway - the EESL badging was at the rear of the car but when I ran the registration plate on Vahan, it showed that the car belonged to Concorde Motors Ltd.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-99dee04fa1f24655932e97cf750bdc28.jpeg  

SR7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:56   #47
BANNED

Tata Motors to provide 500 Tigor EVs to Prakriti E-Mobility

The first batch of more than 160 units of Tata Tigor EVs is expected to hit the road by January 2020, claims the automaker.
Quote:
New Delhi: Tata Motors has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Prakriti E-Mobility Private Limited to deliver 500 Tigor EVs to the latter, informs the automaker in a release.

Prakriti E-Mobility Private Limited is an EV based taxi service co-founded by Nimish Trivedi, Vikas Bansal and Rajeev Tiwari, which will deploy the Tigor EVs on its app-based platform EVERA. The EV fleet will provide mobility service in Delhi-NCR, informs the company.

Commenting on this partnership, Shailesh Chandra, President, Electric Mobility Business & Corporate Strategy, Tata Motors Ltd, said, “Prakriti E-Mobility Solutions is a valuable partner on our path of social responsibility and environmental sustainability. We are confident that Tigor EVs will be a stellar addition to their company’s offerings as it aptly addresses the requirements of longer-range applications and also provides higher revenue earning potential for our commercial customers. The induction of Tigor EVs will not only help the company achieve its business goals but also accomplish its objective of offering eco-friendly mobility solutions.”

Nimish Trivedi, Co-Founder & CEO, Prakriti E-Mobility Private Limited, said, “Keeping in line with our commitment to offering eco-friendly mobility solutions, we are excited to begin offering Tigor EVs to Delhiites and are very proud to partner with Tata Motors in this journey. We strongly believe in the inherent benefits of zero-emission and lower operating costs of EVs will be the ultimate game-changer for commuting in the city. We plan to deploy 500 Tigor EVs in New Delhi and bring EV solutions closer to our customers.
Source: ET Auto
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 16:11   #48
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to provide 500 Tigor EVs to Prakriti E-Mobility

This is great news. Tata already had a similar tie-up with Lithium Urban Technologies to provide 400 Tigor EVs and 100 upcoming EVs like Nexon and Altroz.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-moto...logies-2134333

These fleet orders can substantially grow for EVs with ranges of 200+ km. Tata Altroz EV with expected price of Rs 12 lakhs can be a great option for that.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 20:38   #49
BHPian

I saw a Tigor EV XM today which was being driven by the owner. It was being used as a hired taxicab. He said that the real world range is around 80-90 kilometres in the city with varying loads and minimum air-conditioning (due to a chilly winter in my place). He seemed happy with the car and paid around ₹ 10 lakhs for it. He said it took 8 hours to charge with the supplied charger and the dealer arranged for the installation at his home for ₹300.
Apologies if already mentioned here in the forum, but I saw the insides of the boot. The spare wheel well is occupied by the battery and the spare wheel sits above it on the boot floor eating the boot space (like in the Mercedes Benz CLA).
Researcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 22:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
I saw a Tigor EV XM today which was being driven by the owner. It was being used as a hired taxicab. He said that the real world range is around 80-90 kilometres in the city with varying loads and minimum air-conditioning (due to a chilly winter in my place). He seemed happy with the car and paid around ₹ 10 lakhs for it. He said it took 8 hours to charge with the supplied charger and the dealer arranged for the installation at his home for ₹300.
Apologies if already mentioned here in the forum, but I saw the insides of the boot. The spare wheel well is occupied by the battery and the spare wheel sits above it on the boot floor eating the boot space (like in the Mercedes Benz CLA).

With 8 hours to charge and 80-90 km charge ,how will he break even with his costs ? Any information about his profitability ? Typical cabs run 150 -200 kms per day.
Old 27th December 2019, 23:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
With 8 hours to charge and 80-90 km charge ,how will he break even with his costs ? Any information about his profitability ? Typical cabs run 150 -200 kms per day.
He said he gets a rental of around ₹ 35000 per month including driver salary (he himself drives it now). And his typical usage is less than 80 kilometres a day (close to 50 on an average). He mainly uses it inside a manufacturing setup. Typical driver salary here is around ₹ 7000 so I guess it will be close to 3-4 years for breaking even if we exclude insurance (around ₹ 50000 but he was unsure about the exact amount or coverage he has). Also he did mention that the registration is strangely for a period of 12 years instead of the usual 15 with ICE vehicles.
Researcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 18:59   #52
BHPian

According to a report on Zigwheels, Tigor EV is undergoing a facelift and will come with the changes as we see in the new BS6 Tigor.
Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-zwtatatigorev01_560x420.jpg
They also mention it to continue with the same puny existing electric motor churning out 41 PS of power and 105 NM of torque. This could have been an ideal situation in my opinion to launch it with their new Ziptron platform/architecture or whatever it is called that ensures a powerful motor paired to a moderately long range battery pack since there seems to be interest to buy EVs among 'niche' general public.

Regards,
Debrup
rupdeb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:11   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors readying a portfolio of 6 EVs in the next 2-3 years

Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught up with an updated Tigor EV facelift on test, possibly spotted on camera for the very first time.

He suspects that it might be testing with an improved range/range extender battery system.

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20200703wa0032.jpg

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20200703wa0034.jpg

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20200703wa0036.jpg

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20200703wa0035.jpg

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20200703wa0033.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd July 2020 at 20:18. Reason: typo.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 08:28   #54
BHPian

This is indeed a good news! I hope they bring the Altroz EV or a Tiago EV it will be ideal vehicle for city use.
arvindmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 17:03   #55
BHPian

Good to see the face-lifted Tigor EV. I have my fingers crossed and saving up for the Altroz EV. Had a chance to drive the Nexon EV and blown away by it's performance. Even if they give a reduced power ratings for the Altroz EV, with the lighter weight and stance, I'm sure it'll be a zippy drive indeed.
Old 6th July 2020, 17:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught up with an updated Tigor EV facelift on test, possibly spotted on camera for the very first time.
Sorry, but is it just me, wondering what is the function of that gear (AMT) lever in an EV!?

I dont think I saw one in a Nexon EV, hence the query!?
Old 6th July 2020, 19:07   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Sorry, but is it just me, wondering what is the function of that gear (AMT) lever in an EV!?

I dont think I saw one in a Nexon EV, hence the query!?
It's been there from day 1. It's the gear selector, from the Tigor AMT, used as a drive selector.

At the 1:43 & 2:30 marks:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th July 2020 at 19:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 22:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught up with an updated Tigor EV facelift on test, possibly spotted on camera
Thanks for the Scoop. Looks great.

This is a good sign and shows that Tata Motors is still betting on this offering even though they now have the much better package in the Nexon EV. I think along with the updated facelift edition this car need an improved range to succeed and/ or a starting price close to 10 lakhs may be to make some economic sense for the commercial segment.
Old 7th July 2020, 11:37   #59
BHPian

Bring out the Altroz EV and retire this 72 V archaic tech.
Old 7th July 2020, 19:30   #60
BHPian

TATA should give us a Tigor with tech similar to the one in Nexon EV. Not everyone needs an SUV and maybe they can shed some weight too on Tigor compared to Nexon,which I hope indirectly will give us better range too. But is Battery storage a problem in EV Sedans , when we compare it with SUVS ?

Last edited by kamilharis : 7th July 2020 at 19:32. Reason: Spell Check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks