Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2021, 14:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tesla's Indian factory to be set up in Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tesla India makes new hires for Business Development, Charging Infra & HR

Source
Two of these folks are well known to me. It's a good hire by Tesla.
There will be few more key hires in the near future
speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 14:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Tesla has reportedly zeroed in Mumbai Lower Parel-Worli for its first office in India. The Tesla office in Mumbai will house a retail store as well.

Quote:
One of the key contenders to host Tesla's India office in Mumbai is the Blackstone Group-owned One World Centre, erstwhile One Indiabulls Centre. The complex is owned and operated by Nucleus Office Parks, which is a Blackstone Group entity.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st April 2021 at 15:08.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Tesla has reportedly zeroed in Mumbai Lower Parel-Worli for its first office in India. The Tesla office in Mumbai will house a retail store as well.

Source
Too much hype and importance is given to Tesla in India. I had a booking for the Model 3 when it was first unveiled to the world and i held it for 4 years. At the starting i got one card which said thank you for booking a model 3. Thats it. After that no communications from the company for close to 4 years. Fed up i withdrew my booking in 2019-2020 and cancelled my order. Just to get my booking back i had to email them almost 10-20 times and coordinate back and forth. It was a headache. While i do respect Elon for the revolution and the ease of Tesla but they really need to manage customer relations and image in better manner. The fact that they did not even bother to email reservation holders for 4 - 5 years is shocking and unacceptable to say the least.

I hope they learn and rectify their actions and bring more transparency in their way of operations and at least customer service and customer relations.

Last edited by M00M : 21st April 2021 at 16:35.
M00M is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 17:57   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla India Headquarters To Be In Mumbai.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 11:56   #35
BANNED

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Too much hype and importance is given to Tesla in India. I had a booking for the Model 3 when it was first unveiled to the world and i held it for 4 years. At the starting i got one card which said thank you for booking a model 3. Thats it. After that no communications from the company for close to 4 years. Fed up i withdrew my booking in 2019-2020 and cancelled my order. Just to get my booking back i had to email them almost 10-20 times and coordinate back and forth. It was a headache. While i do respect Elon for the revolution and the ease of Tesla but they really need to manage customer relations and image in better manner. The fact that they did not even bother to email reservation holders for 4 - 5 years is shocking and unacceptable to say the least.

I hope they learn and rectify their actions and bring more transparency in their way of operations and at least customer service and customer relations.
I hope they learn fast. In India it will be a premium product with expectations to match. So if they want to sell they have to pull up their socks. As it stands their interiors will not match the competition.

I only expected GJ or KA since the NCR has become a labour hotbed.

Last edited by sgiitk : 1st May 2021 at 12:01.
Old 12th May 2021, 17:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Tesla has appointed Prashanth R. Menon as Director for its India operations. Menon has been with Tesla for four years now and has taken charge to oversee the company’s introduction in India.

Tesla's Indian factory to be set up in Karnataka-20210512_174549.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 18:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Tesla has appointed Prashanth R. Menon as Director for its India operations. Menon has been with Tesla for four years now and has taken charge to oversee the company’s introduction in India.

Attachment 2154993

Link
Don't think Tesla's India entry is possible this year looking at the current situation. But does anyone have any clue about them setting up an assembly unit in Karnataka? Heard this from one of my friends.
Old 20th May 2021, 12:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tesla in India is very positive as its high profile and garners a lot of attention among global investors.

Yet I sincerely hope that the govt agencies and banks are not extremely leveraged in this venture and use a hands off approach. Because this is still very much a bubble that can pop any day.

I am extremely pro EVs and fully understand it's necessity. But the technology/value proposition is still not good enough to have a sizeable impact that justifies such valuations.

Purely in business terms tesla is a carbon credits selling institution and still doesn't generate profits from selling cars.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 13:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Karnataka makes EV policy more competitive. It will give a 15% capital subsidy on the value of fixed assets over five equal annual payments with maximum land covered under this incentive being 50 acres and production linked incentive of one percent of turnover for a period of five years from the first year of commercial operations.

The state government is in talks with Tesla to set up an R&D Hub as well as a manufacturing base.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th May 2021 at 13:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 19:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Elon Musk has teased the potential for Tesla to soon expand into Russia and even maybe establish a factory in the region.

Link

Tesla factory in the UK? Elon Musk in England sparks Giga factory rumours

Link2

No confirmation yet on its Indian manufacturing base, if any?
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 20:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

No confirmation yet on its Indian manufacturing base, if any?
India manufacturing seems unlikely. State government is still trying to convince them for setting up a manufacturing plant as well as an R&D unit. Nothing confirmed, basically. Latest update:

Quote:
Karnataka has upped the ante in its efforts to woo Elon Musk's Tesla, as it unveiled two new incentives in its Electric Vehicle policy, months after the world's largest EV maker opened a fully-owned subsidiary in Bengaluru.

According to a note from the state government, the new incentives approved include

15% capital subsidy on Value of Fixed assets over five equal annual payments with maximum land covered under this incentive being 50 acres, and production linked incentive of one percent of turnover for a period of five years from the first year of commercial operations.
LINK
udaikalra01 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks