Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 18:46   #31
BHPian

re: MG Air electric car spied testing in India (page 3)

No doubt that this will be an instant failure upon launch.
With E20, Nano failed in India (more so by Indian brands), a Chinese brand stands nowhere.
Additionally, while the design looks the ugliest I've ever seen, the practicality is a total bummer and deal-breaker for India.

I am even unable to speculate and I will not be surprised if it sells in single digit.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 20:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
An article popped up in my feed from cartoq. Some new car manufacturer launching something similar for 4 to 5 lacs by mid 2023. They are asking for 2000 booking amount. I dunno if this is legit or not.

https://www.cartoq.com/pmv-ease-e-el...-bookings/amp/

https://pmvelectric.com/product/ease/
I checked the website, they have provided the address as follows:

PMV ELECTRIC PRIVATE LIMITED,
UNIT 15, MARBLE MARKET, PATHANWADI,
OPP. DINDOSHI METRO STATION, MALAD EAST,
MUMBAI 400097, INDIA

But there is no info about promoters, manufacturing setup, or the key staff, which is not a good sign.

I hope that some folks from Mumbai can comment about this.

But, I would not venture into booking such a thing even in my dreams, based on the information on the website.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 29th June 2022 at 20:20.
Old 29th June 2022, 22:27   #33
BHPian

MG's upcoming ev should be priced attractively or else it will fail miserably. There will be very few takers for a 10 lakh rupees two seat micro car when it's competition is a proper four door car with solid build, good comfort, decent range and usable power on tap at almost similar price tag (for the base XE variant with the EV incentives in place). If it was a proper four door hatch with almost Tigor EV like range and performance then it will be worth considering IMO.
Old 30th June 2022, 09:29   #34
BHPian

just hoping and praying that it doesnt come with CCS charging. Else these things will clog up the highway charging points like Nexon EVs
lina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
just hoping and praying that it doesnt come with CCS charging. Else these things will clog up the highway charging points like Nexon EVs
Do you really think this car will be used by people for highway runs?

And I strongly disagree with your views that Nexon EVs are clogging up the highway charging points. Are those charging points meant only for expensive EVs? We should in fact be thankful that because of the number of sales Nexon EV is doing, the fast charging network is improving at a faster rate than it would have otherwise.
JitendraW is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 16:41   #36

I don't understand why TATA is not launching a new Nano EV. There surely would be enough takers if they got the pricing right. Why give away this market to the Wuling!?
darkchild82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 16:52   #37
BHPian

There goes my MG sub 20 lakh EV hopes
Now back to calculations board for the Nexon/ZS without waiting for a smaller practical EV.
Old 5th July 2022, 12:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
Do you really think this car will be used by people for highway runs?

And I strongly disagree with your views that Nexon EVs are clogging up the highway charging points. Are those charging points meant only for expensive EVs? We should in fact be thankful that because of the number of sales Nexon EV is doing, the fast charging network is improving at a faster rate than it would have otherwise.
Nexon EV charges at a max speed of 21kW. This means that in an hour, it can add about 140km worth of charge (travelling at <80kmph on a flat road). Imagine the amount of time one has to spend at a charging station while doing a 500-600km roadtrip and there are a lot doing this today. The EV-max is not much better. While Tata claimed that it can charge at 50kW, real life results show only about 30kW. Tesla, 10 years back had 100kW charging. The charging infra in the country will improve and is currently improving at a fast pace. TN/Kerala/Goa etc have a lot of 50kW+ chargers already. However, most of them are currently servicing Nexon EVs charging at less than half their capable speeds.

I understand that Tata released the original Nexon EV in a hurry. But there is no excuse for them to not put faster charging in the EV max. Slower charging by the largest selling EV will end up making an already slow form of fueling even slower.

EV manufacturers need to understand the impact of being penny wise and pound foolish. Current EV waiting periods are insane suggesting a huge demand. This means that adding better and faster tech in your car at a higher price is something that customers are willing to pay for. It is for the greater good and long term scalability.
lina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

MG’s small EV for India to come loaded with features; expected to get two range options.

Quote:
The standard range version of the Wuling Air EV will come with a claimed 200km range, while the extended range model promises 300km.
Launch by June 2023.

- 10.25-inch screens
- Two horizontally positioned AC vents
- Three round knobs for HVAC controls
- Two-spoke steering wheel

MG Air electric car spied testing in India (page 3)-smartselect_20220711191845_chrome.jpg

MG Air electric car spied testing in India (page 3)-smartselect_20220711191917_chrome.jpg

Name:  20220711060858_Collage_MG_EV.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  75.2 KB

MG Air electric car spied testing in India (page 3)-20220711062741_mg_zs_ev_3_interior.jpg

Quote:
The Wuling Air EV seen in these pictures, in right-hand guise, has a lot more equipment. The car is expected to go on sale in Indonesia and could be largely similar to the one headed here, possibly with a different market name and with MG branding.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th July 2022 at 19:25.
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 17:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild82 View Post
I don't understand why TATA is not launching a new Nano EV. There surely would be enough takers if they got the pricing right. Why give away this market to the Wuling!?
Tata will launch the Nano EV, but by that time, everyone else will have switched over to spacecraft... Whatever happened to their beautiful Pixel concept?

This was back in 2011, and it took them a further 4 years to offer AMT and power steering on the Nano, by which time there wasn't much market left.

But looking at the interiors of the MG small EV, it doesn't look like it will be affordably priced. It looks like a very premium offering. If they don't price it right, it will end up making the TigorEV look like much better value.
vivekgk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 15:38   #41
BHPian

MG is expected to locally source battery packs from Tata AutoComp,a joint venture with Chinese battery supplier Gotion for its upcoming ev the MG Air.

News link :

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mg-m...2-2023-3202253

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 17th September 2022 at 15:39.
Old 7th October 2022, 10:08   #42
BHPian

MG Air electric car spied testing in India

Not sure if there is already a thread about this, I could not find one. Dear Moderators, if there is already a thread, please delete this.

Source: Rushlane
https://www.rushlane.com/mg-air-elec...-12450857.html

The article title speculates it could be cheaper than Tiago EV

Name:  mgairevspiedtestingcover768x432.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  26.1 KB

Name:  2023mgelectriccarindialaunchpricewulingairev4768x480.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  63.3 KB

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2022 at 11:39. Reason: Adding pic :). Thanks for sharing!
mohan41 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:16   #43
BHPian

re: MG Air electric car spied testing in India

That's an ugly looking car to say the least. While I appreciate the efforts put in to make the EVs affordable, I hope these companies give some thought to make the cars look slightly "decent".
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Who even imagines these weird contraptions with oddball ORVMs, seems lifted from lorries of the 80s.

Given the upfront cost, it is the allrounders that have always got good market reception. 2 door versions were never well received, should learn from Reva and 1st gen e2o.

I hope the production car does not look like this.
Old 7th October 2022, 13:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Not sure if there is already a thread about this, I could not find one. Dear Moderators, if there is already a thread, please delete this.

Source: Rushlane
https://www.rushlane.com/mg-air-elec...-12450857.html

The article title speculates it could be cheaper than Tiago EV
There is a thread running on this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...-2023-a-3.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks