Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 08:08   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Forgot to ask and too late to edit my previous post now what is the real world range you've been getting?
Real word average depends on the speed, I have been getting 350 or so, never had any problem due to range.

I drove recently from Gurgaon to Jodhpur, (starting with 80% battery) reached highking just before Jaipur with 40% battery, I put it on charger and went to washroom & coffee, in 20 minutes, it was charged 80%...

then I went to some place before Krishangarh, battery was around 40% again, but charged it upto 70 (on app it showed its charged 80%) and went nonstop to Jodhpur reaching with 14% battery left.

My experience is just to stop at place with charger above 60watt, preferably 150w, by the time you finish coffee and washroom, you are good to go. Instead of waiting till battery is in single digit, and then spend a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Please add photos!! Been contemplating one as well as there are some good deals to be had at the moment on slightly pre-owned ones
What deal are you getting ? Curious to know how much value is being lost with time.

Sometime shows as much as 550 as range
BMW iX electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.16 crore-whatsapp-image-20230711-08.10.45.jpeg

Charging at Agra courtyard by Marriott
BMW iX electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.16 crore-whatsapp-image-20230711-08.10.46.jpeg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2023 at 08:38. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts + punctuation
pk0080 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 13:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW iX electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.16 crore

There was an IX at a wedding I had gone to recently. It looked great in black, though a bit too small for my tastes.

BMW iX electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.16 crore-img_0500.jpg

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2023 at 21:12. Reason: Fixed picture.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:08   #18
BHPian

Shocking to say the least that you do not get a travel charger. I think the dealer is trying to cut corners on this seeing the reasons, I would say take this up with the management of BMW not the dealer and force them to give you a charger for free. How else would you charge on the go? Any batch of car would need it on a highway when its low on charge. This is unacceptable on a car that costs 1.3 crores. I wouldn't buy an EV without the portable charger, they cankeep their wall mounts. Not to forget it will start an unhealthy trend like Apple who doesn't provide type C charging ports and ultimately will be made to by the European Union. They have no sort of fear towards the weak indian law or practicality oriented measures.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 17:27   #19
BHPian

Just came across this thread. Is that pronounced as BMW i(10)
iamgyan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:16   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
There was an IX at a wedding I had gone to recently. It looked great in black, though a bit too small for my tastes. Attachment 2474760
Lookwise it seems small, but its big. You can check dimensions and also once you sit inside, alot of space both in front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Shocking to say the least that you do not get a travel charger.
It costed nearly 1.5 crore with insurance, registration, extended warranty, service pack. I just gave feedback to BMW. It seems they don't care much.

About charger, BMW charger is divided into two parts, one is main controller with connection to car, that is really good and capable of 11KW. Another is from cable from main to controller unit. This cable itself cost between 10K to 20K. The cable which is by default packed with main unit is unless, as it has european pin and charges at 2KW, means it will take upto 40 hours to charge IX, which defeats the purpose fo travel charger. 2nd cable which is an industrial plug to main unit, charges around 7KW, and is reasonable and should have been default cable with pack, and for India they could add one 16A power plug to industrial small cable convertor. Most dealer dont have charger or if have charger dont have cable, so I gave up after trying for 3 months.

I bought charger from outside, it charges at 3.4 KW at regular 16A power Plug and 7.4KW with industrial plug, the manufacturer dispatched to me another cable which can be plugged directly into MCB to get 7.4 KW safely. Once that comes, I can charge my car easily overnight in anywhere. Even in roadside dhabas or hotel in an emergency as long as their main load is more than 8KW.
I think 7.4KW in single phase is best solution rather than 11KW in three phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Just came across this thread. Is that pronounced as BMW i(10)
Good observation and I Like your sense of humor.

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th August 2023 at 16:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
Old 12th July 2023, 13:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was an IX at a wedding I had gone to recently. It looked great in black, though a bit too small for my tastes. Attachment 2474760
Saw one yesterday near my home. It was also black, but had had local plates. KL-20-S-xxxx.

In full almost murdered out black, looked kinda okayish IRL (like most bad looking in pics cars are).

EDIT: I did see the local rich guy TDing a white BMW iX a few months back. Have to see if he is the one owning the black iX.

Last edited by DicKy : 12th July 2023 at 13:36.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 22:30   #22
BHPian

Yours came with soft close doors and drive assistant professional? Can do car follow and turn itself?
Old 17th August 2023, 15:53   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Yours came with soft close doors and drive assistant professional? Can do car follow and turn itself?
Yes, also it can change lane. Also, follow and turn works only on normal highways, not in hills.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st August 2023 at 03:44. Reason: Clean up edits.
pk0080 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th August 2023, 23:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk0080 View Post

WHY BMW IX

I wanted an electric, first booked a BMW i4 due to range figures but when I actually saw it, it is too small, cramped, and had low ground clearance, so I canceled it and took the refund. .
Congratulations on buying the BMW IX. I'm sure you must be really enjoying the experience.

Is your model the xDrive 40 or xDrive 50? What's the price difference? I see you mentioned that it costed your 1.5 CR. So was wondering how both these models are priced.

Also, did you test drive both and know all the differences?

Quote:
There was an IX at a wedding I had gone to recently. It looked great in black, though a bit too small for my tastes.
BMW IX is small?

It's a pretty big SUV even for US standards and has tons of space inside.

If you need an even bigger SUV then you should look at the mighty XM which is like a cruise ship.
Old 20th August 2023, 00:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
BMW IX is small? It's a pretty big SUV even for US standards and has tons of space inside.
I think it's the lack of height making me feel that way. It looked smaller than the X5.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2023 at 21:15. Reason: Fixed Quote.
Old 20th August 2023, 20:14   #26

Quote:
Is your model the xDrive 40 or xDrive 50? What's the price difference? I see you mentioned that it costed your 1.5 CR. So was wondering how both these models are priced.
It is xDrive 40, 1.5 CR is after extended warranty, service package, insurance, road tax, accessories, and small miscellaneous.

I don't think xDrive 50 is yet in India.

I test drive three different IX models, because the CBU is imported in batches, and each batch had a slightly different loadings.

I am not sure how to share the video here OR if I can share a youtube link, wherein I can show the lane change feature, which is really cool.

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting and quote only the relevant portion while replying.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2023 at 21:14. Reason: Fixed Quote. Spell/ Grammar.
Old 21st August 2023, 07:54   #27
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:

I bought charger from outside, it charges at 3.4 KW at regular 16A power Plug and 7.4KW with industrial plug, the manufacturer dispatched to me another cable which can be plugged directly into MCB to get 7.4 KW safely. Once that comes, I can charge my car easily overnight in anywhere. Even in roadside dhabas or hotel in an emergency as long as their main load is more than 8KW.
I think 7.4KW in single phase is best solution rather than 11KW in three phase.

Good observation and I Like your sense of humor.
Where did you get these chargers from? Can you please share pics? Can you get 7.4 by plugging into a normal 15amp socket?

Last edited by graaja : 21st August 2023 at 08:44. Reason: Fixing quoted text
Old 21st August 2023, 08:49   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think it's the lack of height making me feel that way. It looked smaller than the X5.
Here is a picture in a different color. It looks big and tall too.

Perhaps the color and darkness was the reason for thinking its small.

BMW iX electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.16 crore-img_0898.jpg

Quote:
It is xDrive 40, 1.5 CR is after extended warranty, service package, insurance, road tax, accessories, and small miscellaneous.
Interesting. So your car is 325 Horsepower which according to me is low for such a massively heavy (5700 LBS) vehicle. But, I guess being an EV helps.

I thought both 40 and 50 models were simultaneously released in India. Even XM is available in India at 2.6 Crore Ex-Showroom.

You can upload the video on Youtube and share the link here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2023 at 20:49. Reason: Quote fixed, please quote only relevant portion. Thanks.
Old 21st August 2023, 21:09   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Where did you get these chargers from? Can you please share pics? Can you get 7.4 by plugging into a normal 15amp socket?

7,4 kW is a huge load. You cannot use a regular 15 Amp plug. You can use this calculator to find relations between kW/ Amp. Voltage for India is 230V. So, 7,4 kW is approx 32 Amp.

https://www.inchcalculator.com/kilow...ps-calculator/

If you want to use a 16 Amp plug, you should restrict yourself to less than 3kW.

The connection for using a 7kW charger at home has to come via a dedicated power line; here is the link for a quick calculation. Distance also will be a factor while calculating the size if the cable. You cannot simply connect such a high load to any existing wiring in-house.

https://www.insulatedcables.co.in/el...alculator.html

Quote:
Here is a picture in a different color. It looks big and tall too.

interesting. So your car is 325 Horsepower which according to me is low for such a massively heavy (5700 LBS) vehicle. But, I guess being an EV helps
Torque is the differentiator. It accelerates like a Loco; you will never be looking at the power. Even in markets where both 40 & 50 are available, 40 appears to be the one in demand.

Quote:
I thought both 40 and 50 models were simultaneously released in India.
No, though BMW does have plans to bring. 100% duties do not help. However, lower GST of 5% and Nil RTO in many states is the reason why some of the TVs are accepted in the premium segment. But, overall, it's dud. BMW is still sitting on inventories they got 6-7 months back.

Quote:
You can upload the video on Youtube and share the link here.
It will be very common for you, Tesla has been much more advanced since the donkey years. New for us

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2023 at 21:19.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 22:42   #30
BHPian

I know looks are subjective and you might disagree. BMWs are supposed to look good generally. But I don't feel if I would be willing to part with 1.16 cr of my hard earned wealth for such an ugly looking front. It doesn't blend with the shape of rest of the car. Isn't it?
wheelspinner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks