Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 21:38   #1051
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Please do so, I am also interested in how you mounted it. I have an outdoor garage a "post" on which I will mount the excitel power box. However that will obviously not serve the need for the additional stabilizer etc, so I am in search for ideas.
It was a simple 5KW servo stabilizer, kept at floor.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-servo.jpg  

ItsMe747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 00:00   #1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
For my MG ZS EV, I decided not to install the 7.4 kw ac fast charger that comes with the vehicle. The reason for this being the fact that I live in an apartment complex where the sanctioned load for each apartment is only 5 kw. So, I would have to approach the EB for additional load sanction if I were to install the fast charger. So, I decided against it.

The box you see in the photo is manufactured by Legrand India for Tata Nexon EV-s. It contains an MCB and a 16A plug socket nicely encased in a metal box with a lid which can be locked. You cannot see this item listed on the Legrand website because it is specifically put together for Tata Nexon. However, when I approached Legrand through their Twitter handle, they were happy to offer me a readymade unit.

This is what I have installed now to slow charge my vehicle. All I had to do was draw a 15A line from my home DB and connect it to the Legrand connection box. Since the box can be completely closed and locked (even while charging), it protects the connection from dust, rain etc and also from tampering and pilferage.

Hope prospective ZS EV owners find this information, useful.
I wish to do so the same for ioniq 5, other than the twitter handle, do you have any other point of contact?
anksoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 09:44   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
This is what I have installed now to slow charge my vehicle.
Looking at this post, I'm assuming that this 16 A plug is your only charging modality. How long does it take for the car to go from 10% to 100%?

A question for the community regarding the new Executive and Excite Pro models - can these variants be charged with a 7.2 kW charger at 7.2 kW in case I want to upgrade the charger in the future?
Old 20th March 2024, 10:28   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Looking at this post, I'm assuming that this 16 A plug is your only charging modality. How long does it take for the car to go from 10% to 100%?
With a 16A plug, ZS charges at the rate of 4% per hour. So it's about 22-23Hrs for a full charge.

Quote:
A question for the community regarding the new Executive and Excite Pro models - can these variants be charged with a 7.2 kW charger at 7.2 kW in case I want to upgrade the charger in the future?
Both the variants can be charged with a 7.2KW charger, it's just that MG is charging additional amount for the 7.2KW charger and providing an option to buy one.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 17:03   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anksoft View Post
I wish to do so the same for ioniq 5, other than the twitter handle, do you have any other point of contact?
Hi, Instead of buying that box, Just get an RCB and a 16A socket and switch and ask your local electrician to install it. TATA Box contains exactly these two and they charge 7k just for the metal box and branding.
nithishsaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:57   #1056
BHPian

Hi, one query to recent executive and excite variant owners - do you get rear middle armrest with cup holders as standard fitment? There seems to be some confusion around it between the website and brochure content.

Last edited by Th!ru : 20th March 2024 at 18:58. Reason: Typo
Old 20th March 2024, 21:39   #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
Hi, Instead of buying that box, Just get an RCB and a 16A socket and switch and ask your local electrician to install it. TATA Box contains exactly these two and they charge 7k just for the metal box and branding.
Actually, I have to place these outdoors so I like that they come in a box that has space for all the components.
anksoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:38   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Hi, one query to recent executive and excite variant owners - do you get rear middle armrest with cup holders as standard fitment? There seems to be some confusion around it between the website and brochure content.
Hi Th!ru,

I got my Executive less than a fortnight ago. Yes, rear middle armrest with cup holders is standard.
abhikb2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 20:22   #1059

Hi Folks!

Amidst the ongoing price war and the looming possibility of road tax for EVs, I’m considering making a move to own one rather than waiting for potentially more advanced designs later this year.

However, ZS is one among my shortlist. While I am contemplating can the owners help me with few queries:

1. the sunroof sheet appears too thin and translucent catching excessive brightness and heat. Has anyone successfully replaced it with a darker one or added an extra layer?

2. the ride quality of the ZS is disappointing with its bouncy and wavy movement, especially when compared to the competitors like XUV 400 which got an amazing plush ride even on bad roads. I have seen many BHPians suggesting to drop the tire pressure to 36 or 38 for a softer roll. My question is will it affect the range and make it more susceptible to punctures or tire life?

3. Regarding the iSmart features, does it include a digital key feature for smartphones similar to the one found in the Astor, where one can drive the car without the physical keys?

4. Can any ismart features be controlled via Apple or a smartwatch, such as locking/unlocking and controlling the AC?

5. Whats the extended warranty period available for the vehicle and its latest price?
Old 31st March 2024, 07:30   #1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkvarma View Post
However, ZS is one among my shortlist. While I am contemplating can the owners help me with few queries:
Great to see you considering ZS EV. With the recent price slash, it can suit your use case.

Quote:
1. the sunroof sheet appears too thin and translucent catching excessive brightness and heat. Has anyone successfully replaced it with a darker one or added an extra layer?
Didn't feel it too translucent. But I usually drive with the inner layer open to allow for airiness. Adding dark sheet should be doable from a local shop.

Quote:
2. the ride quality of the ZS is disappointing with its bouncy and wavy movement, especially when compared to the competitors like XUV 400 which got an amazing plush ride even on bad roads. I have seen many BHPians suggesting to drop the tire pressure to 36 or 38 for a softer roll. My question is will it affect the range and make it more susceptible to punctures or tire life?
With suggestion from below bhpians, I have started to keep 38 as standard no. And the ride quality has drastically improved. Range has dropped by ~20km. No puncture issue observed so far (3months).

Quote:
3. Regarding the iSmart features, does it include a digital key feature for smartphones similar to the one found in the Astor, where one can drive the car without the physical keys?
Yes, it does. the iSmart app offers this capability.

Quote:
4. Can any ismart features be controlled via Apple or a smartwatch, such as locking/unlocking and controlling the AC?
I have not personally tried it. But as per their description on app store, it can be used on apple watch - https://apps.apple.com/in/app/mg-ismart/id1461693258

Quote:
5. Whats the extended warranty period available for the vehicle and its latest price?
With executive launch, prices start from 18.98 and essence is ~25. Do check with you dealers on offers on insurance and corporate offers.
ajeet0112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 11:03   #1061
BHPian

I have tried the Apple Watch app lot of time. It never seems to work. It just keeps on connecting....!
siddharthgarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 15:32   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkvarma View Post
Hi Folks!

I have added a sunfilm on the glass which was done from the dealer. THe thin sheet is good at blocking heat.

I have been driving with 40 psi and the ride quality is good. Lowering psi will effect range.

I have taken extended warranty till 5 years.
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:32   #1063

Re: The Agony of Clarification: My friend's MG ZS EV is stuck in the service center for 4 months

Hello BHPians,
I thank everyone for their suggestions and appreciate everyone's efforts, Yes the insurance was purchased from the showroom along with the vehicle.
The company has finally concluded that they will replace my battery after a long discussion. I thank everyone for their efforts and suggestions.
The issue was resolved before my article became public on teamBHP. Took a while to update it here.
thecbguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 13:58   #1064

Hello fellow bhpians,

I had an interesting experience with ZS EV charging. On return from Chennai to Bengaluru, we decided to use ChargeZone 150kW charger. Battery was down to 2% and ChargeZone failed to detect the car and initiate charging. Talked to their customer support and they suggested charging with AC charger to 10% and then try. After a long struggle and 2 hour wait, we went to Zeon and tried their 50kW charger (car was at 1% by then). It also failed to recognise the car. Thankfully they had 24kW which worked.

Has anyone faced this problem? I charged with 60kW DC at my office occasionally and has never faced this issue (yes the car charge is usually above 20% in those cases).

Does ZS support superfast (150kW) and ultrafast (360kW) chargers?
ajeet0112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 15:41   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet0112 View Post
Hello fellow bhpians,

I had an interesting experience with ZS EV charging. On return from Chennai to Bengaluru, we decided to use ChargeZone 150kW charger. Battery was down to 2% and ChargeZone failed to detect the car and initiate charging. Talked to their customer support and they suggested charging with AC charger to 10% and then try. After a long struggle and 2 hour wait, we went to Zeon and tried their 50kW charger (car was at 1% by then). It also failed to recognise the car. Thankfully they had 24kW which worked.

Has anyone faced this problem? I charged with 60kW DC at my office occasionally and has never faced this issue (yes the car charge is usually above 20% in those cases).

Does ZS support superfast (150kW) and ultrafast (360kW) chargers?
The ZS EV does not support the 150 KW or 360 KW chargers. It will only charge it ideally at 60 KW. I own an Ioniq and one of the major pullers was the charging capacity and battery to opt for it instead of the BYD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks