Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 15:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Tesla to stop offering home chargers as standard on its cars; Will be sold separately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
if you don't want to install a Wall Connector, you can purchase a Mobile Connector bundle and plug into a standard three-prong, 120 volt outlet. A 120 volt outlet will supply 2 to 3 miles of range per hour charged. If you charge overnight and drive less than 30 to 40 miles per day, this option should meet your typical charging needs.

You can also purchase an adapter bundle and charge with other outlet types, including a 240 volt outlet. Commonly used in homes to power larger appliances, a 240 volt outlet will supply up to 30 miles of range per hour charged.
I stand corrected. Thank you for calling me out. At face value, 3mph just sounds incredibly small but as you said, it makes sense if you're going to be charging overnight and only do city runs.
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 15:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tesla to stop offering home chargers as standard on its cars; Will be sold separately

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
At face value, 3mph just sounds incredibly small but as you said, it makes sense if you're going to be charging overnight and only do city runs.
Looks, like I was not clear, you can use the very same portable charger by getting an adapter 240V plug -NEMA 14-50 and then this portable charger will do 30 miles of range per hour!

So, practically no wall charger is required irrespective of your daily usage.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 21:00   #18

I agree, different users have different driving patterns.

In our case, we never got an opportunity to use the mobile connector in the past four years.
Personally, I would consider it as a dead weight. It should be an optional accessory.

Comparing it with Apple charger doesn't make sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks