Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 18:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Citroen C3 Electric could debut in December

The Citroen C3 was launched in India last month. Now, there are reports that an electric version of the car is on the cards.

Rumour: Citroen C3 Electric could debut in December-citroenc3.jpg

According to a media report, the all-electric Citroen C3 could be unveiled in December and is rumoured to go on sale by April 2023.

Technical details of the C3 EV are not known. However, we can expect the car to be powered by a single electric motor and a battery pack offering a range of around 300 km on a single charge.

Reports also suggest that the electric C3 could be better equipped than its ICE counterpart, which lacks features like automatic climate control, wireless phone charger and cruise control. The 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system is likely to be available in the electric version as well.

Source: Zigwheels
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:07   #2
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Citroen C3 Electric could debut in December

If the pricing is done right, this could be a great entry point for potential EV buyers.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:19   #3
BHPian

This looks like a promising city car - combining Citroen's ride quality and build, with an electric drivetrain. Nice to see more options in the sub-20 lakh EV space beyond the Nexon and Tigor
AdhikR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:22   #4
BHPian

I think if they are going for launch within 6-7 months, Citroen mostly probably will pick up the tech from its sister brand Peugeot, which has the combo already running in the e-208 ( meaning a 50Kwh pack with a power output of around 130hp). Considering the slightly bigger dimensions and heavier weight of the C3 compared to the 208, the 300km range seems reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhikR View Post
This looks like a promising city car - combining Citroen's ride quality and build, with an electric drivetrain. Nice to see more options in the sub-20 lakh EV space beyond the Nexon and Tigor
I am thinking they might mostly launch a single model at an introductory price between 11.99L-12.49L, going head to head with the Tigor EV.

Last edited by daywiz : 1st August 2022 at 21:23. Reason: minor grammatical corrections
daywiz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:45   #5
BHPian

As ev sales are on the rise, launching the C3 ev will be a good move for Citroen to grab that market share until Maruti and Hyundai launch theirs.

Because very few people are aware of the Citroen, they can quickly establish a following by launching ev.
SanjayW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:57   #6
BHPian

This is good news. Possibly the EV adoption in India is getting limited by the manufacturing capacity allocated by Tata. With a sorted suspension of C3, decent pricing, and adding some bells and whistles, it could be a good proposition. Since, EV is only automatic, so it could address concerns of those tired of MT.

With increased supply it could accelerate EV adoption, and push other car makers to accelerate their EV plans.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd August 2022 at 10:04.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:19   #7
BHPian

Thats good news. In my opinion they should have focused on only EV version of C3 ( as the market is otherwise crowded ). Hope other Stellantis brands will offer capable BEVs pretty soon. Awaiting for Jeep's BEV launch.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

PCA, (Peugeot Citroen), Automobile India's focus now should be on dealer network expansion. And I mean quality dealer network expansion in key Indian Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities.

The psychological comfort, that an average Indian car buyer gains at seeing a brick and mortar outlet servicing the product they own, has a large impact on their perception of the brand, the brand's committment towards the Indian market, repeat purchases and referral sales.

PCA India has a well thought out product plan for the next six to seven years combining ICE and EV vehicles. Their manufacturing setup is impressive and their powertrain assembly unit very flexible as it can work on ICE as well as EV power units.

With more than 100 years of car making under their belt, most of the European manufacturers can deliver very well engineered products.
But they fail miserably when it comes to retailing them. The ghosts of Fiat, Peugeot, Opel will agree.
Renault has more or less understood the importance of a widespread physical dealer network in India; although they have a long way to go to implement Maruti, Hyundai or Toyota levels of after sales service process excellence.
Beleagured and much lambasted Skoda & VW have faced the music and although belatedly; but it appears they are pulling up their socks as far as their after sales service is concerned.

Get the after sales bit right Citroen; and with your well engineered and competitively priced products you should be able to make inroads into the minds of the Indian car buyer.
arjab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
I think if they are going for launch within 6-7 months, Citroen mostly probably will pick up the tech from its sister brand Peugeot, which has the combo already running in the e-208 ( meaning a 50Kwh pack with a power output of around 130hp). Considering the slightly bigger dimensions and heavier weight of the C3 compared to the 208, the 300km range seems reasonable.

I am thinking they might mostly launch a single model at an introductory price between 11.99L-12.49L, going head to head with the Tigor EV.
If they are re-using an existing powertrain from other markets, they should ensure due care is taken to test it sufficiently in Indian conditions considering the average temperatures, road and traffic conditions etc., and finetune the design/specs accordingly. Look at Ola scooters having so many battery management issues. They lifted a good product from other market, but facing lot of issues in Indian conditions.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India had reported this some time back. If Citroen adheres to these specifications and can equal Tata Tigor pricing then it will be a very competitive product.

Lets wait and watch.

Pic source: Autocar India
Attached Images

arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 20:14   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroën C3 will have electric version for emerging markets in December.

New EV will be based on the e-CMP platform and will have autonomy in the 350 km

- the EV variant of the model is in the final stages of development and should not take long to reach the market. The premiere is scheduled for December, with sales starting in 2023 in India.

- C3 EV will be based on the well-known e-CMP platform, the same one that supports all the electric compacts of the Stellantis group (read Peugeot e-208 GT, Peugeot e-2008, Opel Corsa-e, Opel Mokka-e and the newly caught Jeep incoming SUV).

Quote:
Technical details are still unknown, but everything indicates that the model will be offered in single configuration of electric motor and different options of batteries.
Quote:
rumors point to the electric propellant of 136 hp used in the other EVs of the group and, depending on the configuration, 50 kWh battery to deliver autonomy of up to 350 km. For comparison, the Corsa-e sold in Europe and equipped with this same set reaches up to 362 km.

The official presentation is scheduled to take place in December and sales will begin in April 2023, starting in India

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:25   #12

I am a bit confused with the turbo variant of C3. I am planning to buy a new car with maximum city usage and few highway weekend trips. Should I go for NA version or the turbo version. At the price of Turbo version, I am getting XUV 300 Petrol base variant. Should I go for this option or should I go for the diesel version of XUV 300 base variant. My another query is about features. How important will be rear defogger, rear wiper and alloy wheels in making the purchase decision. Daily run in city will be max 50 kms. Thank you
Maverick 77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 10:44   #13
BHPian

Great news. This is exactly what Citroen needs, an affordable entry level electric. If they price it right it will give a great launch for the brand as well. Citroen needs the numbers to stay afloat, electric should fetch it for them. I wish them well.
skyocean is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 15:55   #14
BHPian

Would anybody be able to say, what kind of EV production capacity are Stellantis planning for India ? Like how many units in India per month? Of those how many would be for exports, and how much allocation for domestic sales?
Old 4th August 2022, 18:03   #15
BHPian

Was really wondering why Citroen decided to hold back on features and other stuff while launching the C3 ICE. Now I know. A top end C3 EV with all bells and whistles can really heat up the Indian EV market. Not to mention the stellar ride quality that Citroen products offer!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks