Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 09:28   #1
BHPian

Rumour: Tata Harrier EV enters alpha testing phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Now, how about a Tata Punch EV! That would be the perfect city-sized SUV + EV
That is work in progress. May see the light of the day by early next year. By mid next year Harrier will be in EV avatar. Exciting times ahead. Fasten your seat belts.!

Last edited by speedguy : 12th September 2022 at 09:54.
speedguy is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Tiago EV | New entry-level electric car

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
That is work in progress. May see the light of the day by early next year. By mid next year Harrier will be in EV avatar. Exciting times ahead. Fasten your seat belts.!
Seriously, that is too fast. Looks like your confidence appears to be based on "andar ki baat". Inside, I was wishing for precisely that.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 12th September 2022 at 10:03.
ajayc123 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Seriously, that is too fast. Looks like your confidence appears to be based on "andar ki baat". Inside, I was wishing for precisely that.
Ha ha..! I was "andar" until few years ago. So know through the former colleagues what's going on. Punch Beta testing is already in progress & Harrier just completed mule phase & now entering in Alpha testing phase.
speedguy is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:47   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier EV enters alpha testing phase

Thanks for sharing, speedguy! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am super impressed with the Nexon EV and if they can replicate that competence in Harrier guise, with hopefully better top speed and range, it would be a fantastic proposition.

Tata and Mahindra are both making welcome strides in their respective EV journey (Mahindra is a step behind but at least its showed the road map finally) and I’m looking forward to the products they bring forth over the next 2 - 4 years.
Axe77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 14:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, speedguy! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .[/b]
Thank you GTO. I didn't know that this is a "news". Will keep you posted on this topic if everyone feels so.
speedguy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 14:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know this is a Harrier EV thread, but good to know the Punch EV is on the way in a few months from now.

The only weak part in that otherwise great city car is that mediocre engine. The BEV version will fix that for sure.
DicKy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 15:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you GTO. I didn't know that this is a "news". Will keep you posted on this topic if everyone feels so.
Hi Speedguy,

Any update on Altroz EV and Sierra EV? Kindly keep this thread updated as I, and many BHPians are excited and waiting for updates on Altroz EV and Sierra EV. Tata Harrier EV if priced below 30 lakhs and with 450 kms real world range will surely attract many buyers.
WhiteSierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:18   #9
BHPian

Great news. I am keenly waiting for the Tata Sierra EV. As per AutoCar India reports, it will be "born electric" grounds-up design on a skateboard platform.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:02   #10
BHPian

This is just amazing. Though I don't plan to own a Tata, it's just amazing how agile Tata has gone in its ways. Pumping them EVs one after the other and keeping the enthusiasts on their toes! May the force be with Tata!!
bordeaux is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

A large component for the Harrier EV was ordered from a vendor by TML recently, launch is slated for 2023. Punch EV will come after the Harrier EV.

Safari EV is also part of the future plan, but kept on hold for the time being. The Harrier EV will decide the Safari EV’s fate.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:29   #12
BHPian

Do any EV owner know if the steering behaves differently because of the change in weight distribution? This may be an opportunity for Tata Motors to re-tune their steering and remove the "weighed when slow, floaty when fast" tuning.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:47   #13
BHPian

The future planning laid out by Tata for the EV lineup is amazing. It's being implemented in 'real' for other models too. You can safely say "Tata is the Tesla for the Indian EV market". At least, they were the ones to start affordable EV products - not half-baked ones.

My only wish for Tata is to come better prepared & launch the products niggle-free by learning all the negative/cons of their respective ICE versions, be it the Quality Control, Fit & Finish, Steering Wheel etc.

Those problems never occurred on the Nexon EV/Tigor EV because their ICE versions itself were accomplished products with minimal niggles.

Hoping that those issues do not arise in the Harrier EV, Safari EV (didn't mention Punch EV in this sentence as its a niggle free product unlike these).
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 21:51   #14

It is great that TATA is prepping up EV for almost every model in its range. But I feel that quite a few models need a next-gen model or an extensive facelift. With Tiago EV being launched, I expect Tiago to remain the same for the next 2-3 years. For something launched in 2016, it might be a bit too long in the tooth. Same for Nexon as well, do not see a new model coming up in thenext 2 years,

All I hear is news about EV variants, never a next-gen Nexon or Tiago.

I agree the design is still relatively fresh, and they are following the VW way (kinda), but not sure how it would be 2-3 years later.
vedant.singhvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 22:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha..! I was "andar" until few years ago. So know through the former colleagues what's going on. Punch Beta testing is already in progress & Harrier just completed mule phase & now entering in Alpha testing phase.
Ohk, this makes me wait a bit more for a new car. Punch EV with ~250km range will be perfect for me. Also, it will be 1st Tata EV based on ALFA architecture.

As you say, you were "andar" a few years ago. Do you have any timeline for next iteration of "Nexon ICE" be it another facelift or next generation?
I will buy current-gen Nexon but central tunnel (console) practicality is even worse than tiago.
ramotra3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks