Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2022, 12:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled

The company name sounds more like that of a diagnostics lab

With all the new cars around, it isnt that difficult to design a more sleek & contemporary EV, is it ? Even some one like SRK designs would have done a far better job than their in-house design team.
Old 26th November 2022, 14:13   #32
BANNED

This has scam written all over it! As they say a sucker is born every second and is gonna get burned. Hope it's not some unsuspecting prospective customer, but some VC who is just throwing money randomly.

I didn't know making EV's is so easy! At this rate India will have a dozen new EV makers by end of this decade. But I have to appreciate their audacity to proclaim such blatant lies on the website, would have made excellent politicians for sure.

PS: They could have hired some rookie to build a better website as con artists do a far better job!
The Rationalist is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 15:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Sharing this close-up pic from Instagram, no comments !
Some of the commments to this insta posts are hilarious:
"u made ur first 3d car model as a designer "
"When you have a Velar but your graphic card can only handle low quality graphics."
"This is the range Rover that i drew on MS paint."

For someone who is able to come up with an EV with such specifications, I wonder why they could not have hired a design consultant. You wouldn't see a vehicle with flat glass windows/windscreen except a jeep or tractors in this era. Looks like the prototype has been built with cardboard or polystyrene.
I wonder why no journalist has been able to take a peek at the interior yet. Either it must be really cutting edge which want to guard or in bad/incomplete state.

Last edited by Guna : 26th November 2022 at 15:23.
Guna is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 16:10   #34

Seems like some parts have been straight up lifted from other manufacturers.
For instance the side mirrors on the Defy concept are taken from an Audi A3.
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-screenshot_2022112615221681_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-screenshot_2022112615232128_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Even in the Pravaig Extinction concept which was showcased earlier, the seats were lifted from the 1st gen Honda Amaze and the alloys were from Momo.

Seats
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-screenshot_2022112615363325_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-hondaamazesedan09.jpg

Alloys
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-screenshot_2022112615332281_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-screenshot_2022112615340861_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Now I understand that these are just concepts and not the final production versions, but if they are building a car from scratch then they should not lift parts like mirrors and seats from other manufacturers and should have their own design instead.

At this point, the showcase of these cars just looks like a move to show their presence to the media and to keep their investors happy.
MrEnthusiast is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 16:29   #35
BHPian

Repeat after me

/filler text
Attached Images

digitalnirvana is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 16:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Sharing this close-up pic from Instagram, no comments !
The first reaction when I see this picture - Is this the front or the rear?

Boy! The Instagram comments leave you in splits.

(Giri- just used your post for the picture and had to quote you)
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 16:58   #37
BHPian

It beats me how we keep giving them unnecessary media coverage which they will eventually use to get more funding to sink in this endeavor. If you visited their website after reading this thread, you have already contributed to the cause. You don't even need to preorder their product or spend money.
bordeaux is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 22:06   #38
BHPian

Guys, I seriously feel these guys are running pyramid scam. They don't have any kind of money to launch or even make one production car. They are banking on 50K pre-order money to fund there company.
The company is run by bunch of interns, for there final semester btech and mtech students.
But there effort is good for projects, not as a professionally run company. Stay away.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 23:55   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like April came early!

What is unfortunate is some reputed journalist and publications actually making a video on it, it will lead some unfortunate people to actually plonk money on it.
AtheK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 09:01   #40
BHPian

On what earth should I be thinking to buy this at 39 Lakhs over a MG EV or lets say BYD. Companies which have after sales support and also is guaranteed to not give me much trouble.

I think pravaig needs to realize that they are too late to the EV party. Setting up a manufacturing is not a easy task. No matter which country you are in.

They have noting to offer, not first to market, design definitely not, Self drive? can just imagine, a very affordable EV ? sure its not because you cant even get economies of scale into picture.

One of the easiest step when starting out in the EV space is to make the first prototype, and even this is a disaster. I cant expect much when you would want to get in to main stream production. This is a very misguided scenario.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:12   #41
BANNED

Why do I smell vaporware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Seems like April came early!

What is unfortunate is some reputed journalist and publications actually making a video on it, it will lead some unfortunate people to actually plonk money on it.
It reminds me of the 5 lakh rupee EV launch a few days ago, which Autocar covered quite well.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...79-lakh-426372

Rs. 2,000 for this PMV EV is just the right amount people might be willing to risk without worrying much about filing and then following through with a lawsuit should they not deliver.

Royal Enfield charge this much booking amount for a scale model, which costs about 1/7th of their car. Because RE aren't worried about lawsuits. They know they will deliver.
MaheshY1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 17:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Guys, come on. Give them some credit. If that thing is up and running and performs even half as decent as it claims then the team deserves some credit. This is assuming they did all the job in house and didn't mix and match parts. Its a start up and they came this far. Try managing a project of this size and you will understand the truth in the statement "Devil is in the details". Design refinement and tech upgrades are costly and the company probably might raise some capital if they actually made some sales. The price is a reflection of the companies size and their overheads. They are not the biggies in EV segment who's infrastructure is already in place. That said, I am not half inclined to buy it. Even at half the cost.

I remember there was another model : Extinction or something. Looked vastly different. There was also another thread on that subject.

Yeah that's assuming this isn't some cardboard/scrap metal slapped over a gokart. How much do you want to bet that this thing can even move under its own power, much less do even half of what they claim? Launch? Bah, it would be years before a customer foolish enough to trust them with their money will even get his hands on this.

These electric car startups are a dime a dozen now. They are the biggest buzzword in the tech and investment sector these days right behind 'blockchain' and 'machine learning'. They are generally just a pump and dump scheme and the amount of effort (or lack thereoff) put into this prototype just gives you an idea of exactly what kind of dumb investors they are targeting with this thing. It's like the nigerian prince scam email. The amount of typos/rough edges are purposeful to ensure people with even the barest iota of knowledge/competency immediately write it off as a scam/joke and don't even bother looking closely or putting in the effort to trace or blow the scam wide open.

All this has done is ruin what little credibility autocarindia had
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 17:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
That box is so barebones that it's making the xpresso look loaded. Even if they do load it up later, why would anyone spend money on this and not just get a BYD Atto 3 beats me?
People have burnt their fingers with even DC Avanti and Ola Scoot so not sure who is going to really plonk their money based on a half baked concept and a website full of promises + some bad grammer/spelling good ups.
You are wrong about Ola scooters. I bought an Ola S1 Pro more than 6 months ago and reserved an Ola S1 Air for my sister. My scooter is doing what it is supposed to do, saving money. I saved more than 25k in fuel cost till now. Will become net negative cost within 2 years or so.

Note: My journey is almost 100 KMs per day, 5 days a week religiously because of the nature of my work. May take longer for those who don't travel much.
souravdas808 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:16   #44
BHPian

I hope to be proven wrong. But somewhere this feels similar to the Nikola battery truck business venture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Corporation

How to Lie Your Way to $34 Billion [Nikola Motors Fraud]

Maybe I am not as optimistic as I think when it comes to such sloppy prototypes.
Old 27th November 2022, 23:10   #45

I may be little optimistic but I think that starting a company from scratch (that too car company) is not heard of a long time. Maybe many would have tried but couldn't reach to a point where they would be able to launch a pre production prototype. I agree that quality ,fit & finish are miles far from what can be called as a ready production model but I feel that they already must have improved a lot to launch this model. This may be a step to revamp up their R&D / attract more VC money or call top industry executives who already know how to grow and run businesses. Shelling out 40L for such a product would make no sense as of now but atleast they (Pravaig) improve so much at this step that 40L seem justified to the same people.
Maybe (again) I am too opmistic to see an Indian car brand pop and grow up but we should also beware of fraud that can happen as fellow members are discussing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks