Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 11:33   #751
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Update on SOH @ 15000 km

I got my 3rd free service done, decided to skip the wheel balance/ alignment. resulted in a Zero bill

I had complained that my WHKM and the SOC% drop had a 7-10% variance, for example if the WHKM says 100 or 120, it actually is 107 or 127, and I was consistently able to do the math, this 7-10whkm variance results in a 16-20km drop in overall range 100-0%.
I suspected battery degradation, and hence explicitly asked for SOH data. But the SoH was 99% for a 15000 km run car, we can safely assume 10% degradation until 1.5L km.

I am now writing off this MID WHKM variation as a software coding issue, so I have made peace that when I drive at 100whkm its actually 107whkm
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-tiago-soh15k.jpg  

mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 12:24   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
I had complained that my WHKM and the SOC% drop had a 7-10% variance, for example if the WHKM says 100 or 120, it actually is 107 or 127, and I was consistently able to do the math, this 7-10whkm variance results in a 16-20km drop in overall range 100-0%.
I have exactly same observation of difference in WKKM & SOC%. I noticed variations with the onset of winters. During peak winters in Delhi NCR, the variation was around 15-18%, now with increase in temperature, the variation has reduced to 5-7%.

Quote:
The SoH was 99% for a 15000 km run car, we can safely assume 10% degradation until 1.5L km.
1% loss in SOC for 15K kms is very good, hope the car serves well till the 1.6 lakh kms of warranty.
maverick.vkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:25   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
A friend bought a Tiago on 19th Jan 2024 but till date Tata guys haven't come to fix 3.3kw Legrand box that came with the car. Whenever asked the reason SGA Tata says high volume of sales and hence the delay. Is it the same everywhere or should I take this up with Tata customer care?
It is done by Tata power but one can expedite things. Complain to dealership CRM and he should be able to get this moving. The SLA shouldn't be couple of weeks.
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 23:49   #754
BHPian

Today I noticed the car making a short but pronounced whining noise while on reverse. The symptom appears only in the following scenario:
1. Put the car on reverse.
2. Move a bit and brake.
3. Whining noise sounds for 2 to 3 seconds. Goes away. (Audible from the engine bay only on the outside. Not audible inside the cabin.)

The noise reappears consistently as long as I repeat the above step 2 and 3.

What gives?
Old 4th March 2024, 07:26   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Today I noticed the car making a short but pronounced whining noise while on reverse. The symptom appears only in the following scenario:
1. Put the car on reverse.
2. Move a bit and brake.
3. Whining noise sounds for 2 to 3 seconds. Goes away. (Audible from the engine bay only on the outside. Not audible inside the cabin.)

The noise reappears consistently as long as I repeat the above step 2 and 3.

What gives?
It's the brake electric vaccum booster pump. It cycles on and off per need. This happens in the morning also and any time brake boost is needed.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:04   #756
BHPian

Why does it sound only when I'm on the reverse though?
Old 4th March 2024, 13:59   #757
BHPian

it happens in forward motion also. just start the car and it will cycle in 2 to 3 seconds and go off. Alternatively, pull the handbarke , ensure car is started and pump the brake pedal when stationary multiple times. This will turn on the vaccum pump.

Do mind to roll down your windows and check.

New nexon Evs have vaccumless brakes hence they will not have this sound now.
Old 11th March 2024, 12:05   #758
BHPian

Looks like the Tiago EV also got dechromed and now comes with the acrylic logo and black lettering like Punch EV. Not sure I like this on Tiago.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-tiago_refresh.jpg
thomahawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 21:45   #759
BHPian

Are the new Tiago EV models now getting auto dimming IRVM ?

I was just checking digital showroom on tata ev website and looks like there is auto dimming rear view mirror.

Why didn't Tata offer it since the release itself ?? They are seling it for 8000 rupees as an accessory as well.
Old 11th March 2024, 21:48   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
Looks like the Tiago EV also got dechromed and now comes with the acrylic logo and black lettering like Punch EV. Not sure I like this on Tiago.

Attachment 2581870
Definitely looks weird. Guess it perfectly suits white color.
Old 12th March 2024, 08:32   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like XT model with dealer fitted reverse camera. I thought dealers are not installing electrical accessories due to warranty. Has this changed now?

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_1366.jpeg
Old 12th March 2024, 09:50   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Looks like XT model with dealer fitted reverse camera. I thought dealers are not installing electrical accessories due to warranty. Has this changed now?

Attachment 2582052
In the starting deliveries, there were sensors and back camera both avaialble on some models. It was quite confusing. Some car reviewers spotted it.

And now they have even started giving autodimming IRVM.

And if you check out accessories on tata ev website for Tiago EV, the auto dimming IRVM is now available. I wonder if its just plug and play or you have to alter/install it via some fuse box.

We got the dashcam installed as a part of genuine accessories and it was a simple plug and play and they avoided using hardwiring kit.
Old 12th March 2024, 10:43   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
I wonder if its just plug and play or you have to alter/install it via some fuse box.
The kit is not DIY and the installation has to be done at the authorized service center/dealer fitment. It is not plug and play but installation will not void vehicle warranty (if done at dealer) - but do make sure that the dealer installs the accessory properly as per the guide included in the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I thought dealers are not installing electrical accessories due to warranty. Has this changed now?
Tata had approved several official electrical accessories for their EV's. You can get it installed from the dealer/service center without voiding your warranty. The website catalogue is up to date - however call up the dealer accessory team since some of them may not be in stock (you can have them order it though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Are the new Tiago EV models now getting auto dimming IRVM ?
Yes, the top variant (LUX Tech) gets auto dimming IRVM now.
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 14:23   #764
BHPian

Quote:
The Tech Lux LR 2024 model now comes with auto-dimming IRVM, 45W C-Type Fast Charger port, dechromed logo, rear parking sensors + Camera.

Actually the dechromed logo looks good on the Daytona Gray variant.

Image of the one during PDI. We took delivery last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-untitled.png  

IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 14:34   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
...45W C-Type Fast Charger port
Could you share a picture of the interior with the charging port? I'm guessing this will only charge and not connect to head unit (for android auto)?

Hopefully it is a plug play replacement with correct parts. Now if they swapped out the pole type antenna with a shark fin, changed the head unit to something more modern, provided LED projectors as standard and added rear headrests, it would be a great package.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks