Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 08:37   #766
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
Could you share a picture of the interior with the charging port? I'm guessing this will only charge and not connect to head unit (for android auto)?
Yes. Here's the image. Charging port only.

The Top end model is still a very good package in my opinion with the new IRVM's, rain sensing wiper, auto headlights, cruise control + the other standard headlights. NOt many manufacturers offer such features. This one is surely Value for Money.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-20240318_164956.jpg  

IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 13:28   #767
BHPian

Came across this video (in Malayalam) where the owner got into an accident because his Tiago EV shutdown while making a turn. I'm guessing this might have been an HV error (since the car immediately shutdown). Can anyone who has faced the error share how much time does the car give you before shutting down? This seems to be very dangerous if one is driving through a ghat road and doesn't immediately notice and park the car safely.

The owner asked for a repair estimate and it seems the battery pack would cost about 470000 (he got a repair estimate of 6.4L - and it looks like lot of panels were damaged since the car lost control).
Tata Tiago Electric Review-tiago_ev_battery_assembly.png

After a bit of back and forth, the owner got another quote for repairing the pack:
Name:  Battery_Shell_Repair Cost.png
Views: 275
Size:  198.3 KB

The owner mentions that he is stuck in a tussle between the insurance company and Tata for the quoted repair amount and he complains that the insurer hasn't got a reply from Tata about the bloated charges and it has been 3 months.

This is one of my greatest fear of owning an EV (especially a Tata). The car probably would be a total loss in case of an accident once the car gets a bit old. Also wonder if EV's have higher depreciation percentage compared to ICE cars. How insurance companies treat EV specific repairs also is a bit of grey area for me. I think one must only pick reputed insurance company with stellar record. Also one must never forget to renew insurance in time.

Full Video:

thomahawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 22:17   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this video (in Malayalam) where the owner got into an accident because his Tiago EV shutdown while making a turn. I'm guessing this might have been an HV error (since the car immediately shutdown).
We are all aware of Tata EVs getting HV error, but I personally wasn't aware of a scenario where you get HV error when car is in motion and it stops immediately, like does it halt to the spot, are brakes are automatically applied resulting in immediate halt or the car loses power and it drifts ahead till it comes to complete halt?

I ask this as I face this issue in my EV scooter iQube, where it shuts down due to battery error and it does't halt immediateyl but rather goes on in the usual speed till it reaches 0, helps me in taking it to roadside and restarting again.
Old 26th March 2024, 10:59   #769

I experienced HV Critical Alert couple of times in my Nexon Max. The moment HV alert appears, hazard lights will be ON automatically and I was able to drive for a few meters (probably 100~200 meters) along with a caution message in the dashboard. This allowed me to park the car safely.
gsriram.avis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 17:20   #770
BHPian

Does anyone feel that the suspension on Tiago EV is too soft or my car is an exception. I often feel the vertical movement is excessive and and my car also bottoms out on big speed breakers.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 17:29   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The owner asked for a repair estimate and it seems the battery pack would cost about 470000 (he got a repair estimate of 6.4L - and it looks like lot of panels were damaged
Since it is an accident, insurance should take care of it. Ideally it should be totalled.
Old 5th April 2024, 13:04   #772
BHPian

Car is regularly parked out open in the sun, is there anyway I can put like a bedsheet or say newspaper on windshield to slightly reduce the heat inside the cabin ?
Old 5th April 2024, 13:29   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Car is regularly parked out open in the sun, is there anyway I can put like a bedsheet or say newspaper on windshield to slightly reduce the heat inside the cabin ?
A Windshield Roller Shade is one of the most cheap and practical solutions. Like this one: https://www.amazon.in/MIZZEO-Windshi...%2C272&sr=8-41

Last edited by saket77 : 5th April 2024 at 13:35.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 14:03   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Is this for home parking? If yes, you can opt for a good car cover. This will not only protect your car from the sun, but also from rain, wind, dust, and more.
If the car is parked outside, you can try sun shades, which are easily available on Amazon.
It's Magic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 16:41   #775
BHPian

Tata Tiago Electric Review-image_50349569.jpg
30,000 kms update:

It’s been just over an year since I got the car. Have completed 30,000 kms; all in city commutes.

There was an initial hiccup of HV Critical error which was resolved under warranty. After that, the car has been flawless.

Maintenance cost:

1st service: Rs 2000 at 7,500kms since transaxle oil was replaced.

2nd service: Rs 1000 at 15,000 kms (free labour)

3rd service: Rs 2100 at 22,500 kms (including Rs 500 for pickup and drop)

4th service: Rs 6100 at 30,000 kms (including Rs 500 for pickup/drop, transaxle oil change, wheel balancing/alignment)

Some observations in these 30,000 kms:

1. Under braking, if there is rough surface or pothole where the car loses a bit of traction, the regenerative braking stops for a second. It feels like the brakes have failed for a second. Instinctively, I press the brake pedal to engage the friction brakes. In that time, the regenerative braking also engages back.
This was a cause of panic in the initial days but now I am used to this behaviour. Other Tiago EV owners have also reported this issue.

2. Sports mode is crazy. I almost never use it but when I do, I end up scaring myself

3. In isolation, the suspension is well sorted. I have put the 15” OEM alloys from petrol Tiago which has made the ride a bit firm but it is still quite comfortable. But compared to the Punch EV that I test drove recently, Tiago feels like a low-cost setup. The chassis setup on the Punch EV is at a whole different level. It has the ‘german’ feel. If you are in 2 minds, go for Punch EV just for the way it drives.

4. I charge almost daily from 40% to 100%. No drop in range noticed as of now. In summers, the battery cooling system turns on when the I put the car for charging and stays on for 30 minutes or so. Neighbours have called me to say that my car is making sounds while getting charged; it’s always the A/C working to cool the batteries.

5. The A/C deserves a special mention. Bangalore is burning hot nowadays but the A/C does a good job of cooling the cabin.

It has been a great decision to buy the Tiago EV. I have saved over a lakh on fuel bills already. The small size and smooth drive-train makes it a perfect daily commute car. I do have other cars for weekends and highway drives. I think the infrastructure is still not ready to have an EV as a primary car.
anshumandun is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 11:07   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post

4th service: Rs 6100 at 30,000 kms (including Rs 500 for pickup/drop, transaxle oil change, wheel balancing/alignment)
Could you share the breakup of this bill? 6k seems steep for an EV service.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-photo20240402094046.jpg

One of my friend's 4 month old (12k on the odo) Tiago's motor just got replaced under warranty. Had experienced the H V Critical error followed by the triangle blinking on the instrument cluster.

Issue was moisture in the motor due to washing of the car at a regular car wash, Tata service manager said that these car wash shops use 15-20 bar of pressure whereas in the service centre they use only 0.5 bar of pressure (I've still not bought this theory that this is how water got inside the main motor).

Cost of the part was approx 2.75-3 lacs as told by the technician (no official invoice available) but replaced free of cost under warranty. My friend was tense that company might refuse warranty saying its water damage but he said he was lucky, nothing of that sort happened.

Now he's facing hurdles to get the motor number changed on his RC and the insurance.

Posting here for all everyone's knowledge.
idoctor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 11:26   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post

Attachment 2592796

One of my friend's 4 month old (12k on the odo) Tiago's motor just got replaced under warranty. Had experienced the H V Critical error followed by the triangle blinking on the instrument cluster.

Issue was moisture in the motor due to washing of the car at a regular car wash, Tata service manager said that these car wash shops use 15-20 bar of pressure whereas in the service centre they use only 0.5 bar of pressure (I've still not bought this theory that this is how water got inside the main motor).

Cost of the part was approx 2.75-3 lacs as told by the technician (no official invoice available) but replaced free of cost under warranty. My friend was tense that company might refuse warranty saying its water damage but he said he was lucky, nothing of that sort happened.

Now he's facing hurdles to get the motor number changed on his RC and the insurance.

Posting here for all everyone's knowledge.
Transaxle oil alone comes to around 1500 + GST. This explains the higher cost every 15,000 kms service. Plus wheel alignment and balancing might be charged a cool 1000 bucks at dealer end. In fact even done outside , wheel alignment and balancing comes to 700 to 800 bucks ,more in case alloy wheels are balanced, since the alloy wheel stick on weights are expensive.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 11:33   #778
BHPian

Hello guys.

So we have seen those new LED Strip DRLs on latest cars.

Will tata release the DRL installation as a part of external accessories in near future ?

Also is there anyway where we can offer suggestion to Tata Motors, like who do I contact to ask them to release it as a part of official accessories.

If AutoIRVM which (is a part of official accessories) requires slight tweaking (adding a wire to fuse box) whats wrong with adding LED DRL strip at the front ?
Old 11th April 2024, 17:05   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Major Service (every 15k kms) - 2100
Transaxle Oil change - 1280
Wheel rotation, balancing, alignment - 880
Consumables - 400
Brake opening and cleaning - 630 (Can be avoided but I got it done since it was 30k kms)
Pick up and drop - 530
Software Update - 0

The car was washed really well. I did not expect them to wash the outside and
clean the inside so well. There were some coffee spill marks that were cleaned out completely. No extra charges for this.

This was at Tata service center in Yelahanka, Bangalore.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 20:26   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Major Service (every 15k kms) - 2100
Transaxle Oil change - 1280
Wheel rotation, balancing, alignment - 880
Consumables - 400
Brake opening and cleaning - 630 (Can be avoided but I got it done since it was 30k kms)
Pick up and drop - 530
Software Update - 0
I think the standard charges for major services are too high for an EV. Would you know what actions were undertaken for the 2100 rupees that was charged, considering that everything else seems to have been charged for seprately.
It almost appears that they charged that amount only for the good wash
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks