Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 19:07   #16
BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Thanks!

Refer to this indiamart link, if you are finding it hard to procure, DM me I can share a distributors number who can courier it to your address.

But before you buy this, I will strongly recommend asking MG to install the 7.2 KW charger at a lower power rating depending on how much extra load you have. It needs MG India's approval and generally the local dealer who does the installation won't agree but be persistent and get it done for a few reasons:

1. Installation and wiring will be free of cost, the entire Legrand setup costed me around Rs 15k, an expense that can be avoided.

2. The wiring that MG provides will be for 7.2 KW load and hence will be much safer and of higher quality.

Also DM me your number, will include you in the ZS EV whatsapp community.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Your recommendation is very helpful. I will initiate this discussion with my Exicom contact.

Till now, I have been charging the ZS EV using a 15-meter cable, wringing it across the whole building's parking lot. Takes around 12 hours, looks horrible, and is not safe. This needs to change before the monsoon hits Pune.

I have messaged you my number. Cheers!

-Sid.
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 20:44   #17

I was planning to go for an EV and had a few doubts regarding whether it’s suitable for me to buy one.

1)I stay in an apartment which does not have a charging point . If I was to only resort to public chargers is it worth it ?

2) If I have a daily running of 20kms daily would I be able to save more money compared to buying a diesel or petrol vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
Elvis5.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 22:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis5.0 View Post
I was planning to go for an EV and had a few doubts regarding whether it’s suitable for me to buy one.

1)I stay in an apartment which does not have a charging point . If I was to only resort to public chargers is it worth it ?

2) If I have a daily running of 20kms daily would I be able to save more money compared to buying a diesel or petrol vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
Please don't buy an EV without charging options at the office or home. It makes your life pretty miserable waiting in public chargers. Not worth your time.

Setting up a 15A socket is very simple, convince your building folks to allow you to set one up in the parking slot from your charger. Also, explore options like ElectricPe where the connection can be given from the common area power.

if you don't value the driving experience of EVs, I don't think it will make a lot of sense purely from an economic sense but it depends on what EV and ICE car you are comparing.
shyampsunder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 22:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I understand your predicament. If you enjoy driving the Hyryder/Vitara combo is definitely not a good option. It works well for people wanting a point A to B car with great mileage. Hybrids in India according to me are the worst of both the ICE and EV worlds. Doesn't have the instant acceleration of EVs, doesn't have the top end punch of ICE.

Pick between pure ICE and EV. Ultimately buying any car above 15L is a heart driven decision, so just go with what gives you more joy around a twisty corner.
I believe you will change your mindset if you drive Honda City Hybrid.

Having said that I fell in love with ZS after being Honda fan boy and being amazed at City Hybrid.
Old 8th June 2023, 01:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
I believe you will change your mindset if you drive Honda City Hybrid.

Having said that I fell in love with ZS after being Honda fan boy and being amazed at City Hybrid.
Ya I haven't driven the City Hybrid but at 23L on road, it costs as much as the ZS EV excite. Why would I pick an hybrid over EV at the same price?
Old 8th June 2023, 01:33   #21
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Ya I haven't driven the City Hybrid but at 23L on road, it costs as much as the ZS EV excite. Why would I pick an hybrid over EV at the same price?
I have driven both the Honda City Hybrid and the ZS EV. There is no comparison, the ZS blows the Honda out of the water. Not only in terms of performance where the ZS is miles ahead, but also in the quality of the cabins. Moreover the MG feels so much more solidly built than the Honda, as well has better ground clearance.
Ps: I do not own either car. I drove them while evaluating which car to buy.
Pps: no offence intended to Honda fans here, this is my personal opinion.
FNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 17:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
I have driven both the Honda City Hybrid and the ZS EV. There is no comparison, the ZS blows the Honda out of the water. Not only in terms of performance where the ZS is miles ahead, but also in the quality of the cabins. Moreover the MG feels so much more solidly built than the Honda, as well has better ground clearance.
Ps: I do not own either car. I drove them while evaluating which car to buy.
Pps: no offence intended to Honda fans here, this is my personal opinion.
Not just Honda, it will blow Toyota Hyryder, too, out of the water. It's not MG vs Honda thing. It is EV versus hybrid. EV will blow everything away. Petrol, diesel, hybrid.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Just for the record, I am now a proud owner of ZS EV. I took the delivery of the car today morning. I'm simply loving the simplicity of the power on the touch of the foot.

I merely compared City hybrid to be the best in comparison with Hyryder and Vitara.
Chukash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Just for the record, I am now a proud owner of ZS EV. I took the delivery of the car today morning. I'm simply loving the simplicity of the power on the touch of the foot.
Congratulations! Like most owners in this forum, this is one decision you will not regret. Happy Motoring!
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 19:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase! You should write an ownership review as well!

Wishing you many happy and safe miles!
Old 9th June 2023, 21:36   #26
BHPian

Thanks Shyam, Rada. Sure, I will write it in the main thread.

Rada, can you please add me to the WhatsApp of ZS EV owners in Chennai. It will be useful for me to connect there.
Old 10th June 2023, 03:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shyam, Rada. Sure, I will write it in the main thread.

Rada, can you please add me to the WhatsApp of ZS EV owners in Chennai. It will be useful for me to connect there.
Hey, your DMs are private. Please DM me your phone nuber
Old 10th June 2023, 07:01   #28
BHPian

I'm still in newbie category. So I cannot DM.
Old 11th June 2023, 14:37   #29

I was hoping for a detailed opinion on the Byd Atto 3 too.

Everything seems to be good on paper, but their premium pricing and targeting the luxury car buyer's second car requirement makes me wonder if servicing will be ridiculously overpriced similar to luxury cars.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:28   #30

Quote:
I bought the MG ZS EV Are EVs a scam? Do they pollute more than ICE vehicles? .
On the scam part atleast, here is an interesting thread, and personally, to me, the below thread does seem more closer to truth than other hypothesis'. Forget everything, the energy efficiency part itself drives the ball in EV favour. And no-one can deny the amount of power, clout and global influence the Fossil fuel profiteering groups (not just oil manufacturers, but other allied interest groups as well) possesses, so much so, as to take all steps to block new and more efficient technologies to get prevalent to protect their profit motives. We need to view this topic very objectively.

I believe today, the biggest detriment is the cost of buying. Hope this goes down with time and we see more EVs on Indian roads as well.
anijonnybravo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks