Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2023, 01:21   #1
BHPian

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt

I bought the MG ZS EV going against most conventional wisdom around EVs. Here are the major ones:
  1. This will be my primary car
  2. Majority of my driving will be on highways on long drives
  3. I plan to keep this car for at least a decade

After having clocked 7k KMs in 5 months with majority of them on highways, let's dive in

Background

I started driving at the age of 21 on the Hyundai i10 1.2 MT. The car is still going strong after 12 years, while it was a hoot to drive given that I had no experience driving performance cars. The car has always been very forgiving and easy to drive as a newbie. The gear recommender is a neat touch. Short and precise gear throws make driving it in thick traffic bearable. This was my ride during my undergrad and hence plenty of memories on it. I have decided to retain this car for short city errands since the car is already pretty old and hence won't fetch much in terms of resale value.

While the i10 was a competent city car, the lack of a safe body shell or airbags was something we realized later as a critical miss. This was also the time as a family we were doing occasional long drives across TN and hence needed a solid primary SUV. We test-drove pretty much everything in the market in 2014 and froze on the legendary Fortuner. My dad was finding the car a bit too big to navigate on city roads but nonetheless such was the allure of the Fortuner that we were pretty close to booking it. My dad is a big fan of Honda and asked me to check if there was any SUV that they were selling, I did see the CRV on their website but on reading Teambhp realized that its mileage is pretty poor. But decided to go ahead and do a TD. We got the 2.4L AWD CRV as the TD vehicle, one drive on the Chennai OMR and I was sold. Just the engine note and acceleration were something else. But at the end of the TD, my dad checked the mileage and it was a shocking 5.6 KMPL. As a compromise, we got the 2.0L AT and it has been a blissful 10 years of ownership racking up 60K KMs. The Honda CRV was leagues above the i10 in terms of comfort, power, and refinement. The ownership experience has been pure bliss although, I always miss not getting the 2.4L engine, one of the best Honda engines to ever be sold in India in my opinion.

Some pictures:

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_0873.jpg

The sun film here was promptly removed post the SC verdict.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-my-project1-2.jpg

On a random outing with college friends

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-my-project2.jpg

The first thing I do on all cars is put the Teambhp stickers

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_0403.jpg

And the new member of our family

For the longest time, I have had this itch to replace the i10 with a Polo GT. The 1.2L with the DSG was an absolute dream to drive. When I got my first job, the first thing I did was crunch the numbers to see if I could afford the EMI. While the EMI was affordable, it felt like an extravagance that would set me back financially in life, so I postponed that dream.

Soon life happened and I had forgotten about the Polo GT for a while till I heard that the DSG was being discontinued. While I heard good stuff about the new TC unit, the DSG transmission was what made the Polo GT special for me and I couldn't come to even TD the new Polo GT.

After getting married and having spent 7 years working, I had to shift with my wife to Bangalore with my parents based out of Chennai. This meant lots of highway drives and since the Honda CRV was my dad's daily driver and driving the i10 on highways was a no-no, decided that this was the time to buy a new car.

The EV fascination

In 2014, I randomly encountered a company called Tesla trying to disrupt the entire automotive industry and I got into the rabbit hole of understanding EVs and what made them different. As a first principles thinker, the tradeoffs made by EVs seemed to hit a sweet spot. Most cars spend their time parked and while they are running they are primarily moving about in cities with a lot of stop-and-go traffic. Fundamentally cars can be charged while parked and in city usage, their regen function increases efficiency. For the first time, I started thinking of EVs as fun-to-drive vehicles instead of thinking of them as some sort of glorified golf carts. I decided to badger my dad to invest some money in Tesla stock, over the next few years it was a roller coaster ride with many prominent folks calling Tesla investors as fools. In the first year of my career 50% of my savings were fully invested in Tesla with the following thought process: "If at all Tesla lives up to the vision, this money should be sufficient to buy a Tesla whenever it launches in India". Eventually making around 6x on the original investment, while it is not enough to buy a Tesla, was a pretty sweet moment to see Tesla do so well in the market. (For those who are wondering, the other 50% of my money was invested in Reliance Industries prior to the launch of Jio. Needless to say, that has done very well as well).

While I was keenly following Tesla's revolution in the US, I was following the EV revolution in India, initially, it was a 2W-only phenomenon led by Ather. But soon enough the first proper 4W EVs started entering the market.

Which EV to go for?

My hunt for a new car began at the start of 2022, given my history with EVs and the market's rapid adoption, I had pretty much decided that my new car will be an EV. The following were the requirements:

1. Having followed the EV revolution abroad, I was fairly clued into the latest tech in EVs and I don't want to buy an outdated product
2. I love to drive and the new car should have plenty of power
3. It will be my primary car and has to be pretty reliable. I want to keep this car for at least a decade which is another reason to go for an EV because knowing myself if I buy an ICE there is no way I will be able to avoid the temptation of upgrading to an EV in a few years
4. Good tech inside the car, don't want tiny screens which in my opinion don't age well

These were the cars considered:

Hyundai Kona

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-whatsapp-image-20230423-01.00.05.jpeg

The first proper international EV to be launched in India, ended up reading the team-bhp review on this so many times! This car was top on my list.

Pros:
  1. The reliability associated with Hyundai. Given that this is an international product being brought in as CKD, the quality was as expected pretty good.
  2. Hyundai has made a name for itself in the EV market by building extremely efficient EVs next only to Tesla. Case in point: the ARAI range of the Kona is pretty much the same as the ZS EV even though it has a 20% smaller battery
  3. Good performance as expected
  4. Some unique EV features such as the option to lower the current draw during AC/DC sessions. This is useful if you are plugged into a socket connected to old wiring in the building
  5. The probability of Hyundai India being around for the next 8 years was pretty high which is important in case of battery warranty claims
  6. Ventilated seats are a boon in our weather conditions
  7. Pretty well priced

Cons:
  1. The interiors felt quite outdated, especially since the instrument panel was quite basic. This was the deal breaker for me.
  2. Interior space is quite limited. Pretty much comparable to a hatchback like an i20 rather than a CSUV like the Creta
  3. Impending facelift meant that this car would quickly become outdated
  4. The sunroof is pretty small and not a panoramic unit.
  5. NMC battery pack. Not as durable as modern LFP batteries. Recommended to charge only upto 80%

I wish Hyundai had launched the facelift in India, would've definitely gone for it.

Volvo XC40

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-volvo.jpeg

I have always been a fan of Volvo and was eagerly waiting for it to launch knowing full well that it was most likely to be above my budget.

Pros:
  1. Insane performance! I pushed the throttle on an empty stretch of road and I felt my vision blur around me. 600+ NM of torque available on tap was something else
  2. Android Automative was pretty seamless, for the first time I was seeing Google Maps navigation inputs appear in the instrument panel
  3. Decently priced when you compare to ICE options in this price range with very poor performance figures. I am looking at you, BMW X1

Cons:
  1. Very poor efficiency, real-world range lesser than the MG ZS EV or Kona in spite of having a massive battery (50% bigger than the ZS EV)
  2. Due to the low efficiency and with most DC chargers capping out at 50 KW in India, you will be spending 2x the time to charge. Matters are worse if you stop at 25 KW chargers

The car as expected was outside my budget and hence dropped. But this is one of the best cars to buy in India if you want incredible power at a relatively good price.

Hyundai Ioniq 5

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-ioniq-5.jpeg

Pros:
  1. Excellent EV first design, is a real head turner
  2. Rave reviews globally on the product
  3. 800V architecture means that your car is future-proofed to take advantage of future high-speed charging stations.
  4. Plenty of space on the inside, interiors definitely feel futuristic
  5. Priced well. Prices are very similar to what customers in US pay which is a big change for us Indian buyers.
  6. Great efficiency, with a lightfoot can easily do 500 KMs with 400 - 450 KMs being the norm for most drivers.

Cons:
  1. Hyundai didn't launch the standard range 58 KW model in India.
  2. Performance wise not that different from cheaper options like the Atto 3 or ZS EV
  3. Car is very wide, which will make it hard to maneuver in narrow streets
  4. NMC battery instead of LFP, battery degradation will be faster than BYD or MG cars

I was desperately hoping that Hyundai launches the standard range model but unfortunately, only the long-range model was launched and hence had to decide against it.

Enter: Firebolt

Booked the MG ZS EV in May 2022 in both Bangalore and Chennai since due to professional reasons I wasn't sure where I would be to take delivery of the car. I canceled the Chennai booking after relocating to Bangalore. In the meantime, the excite variant was starting to get delivered, and from a value-for-money perspective, it sounded great. Just to hedge my bets, I decided to make another booking for the Excite variant at another dealer.

After receiving no updates from either dealer, I was approached for the white color Excite variant in December. I wanted Silver or Red and that was not going to be available anytime soon. Since I knew that there was an impending price hike, I asked the dealer if the exclusive variant can be made available in my preferred colors since the sunroof was anyway something I was interested in. He confirmed and I decided to bite the bullet and make the purchase even though I was traveling in another state.

Had a friend do the PDI by following the team bhp checklist and then asked my bank to release the loan amount. At this point, the dealer threw a curve ball and told me that the car which was inspected had already been invoiced and I will be allocated another car. Had to go through the process all over again but luckily both cars were perfect from a PDI perspective. I only wish that they came with Michelins that the initial set of MG ZS EVs came with. Not complaining because the Continental UC6 set of tires are pretty good as well.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230105_170843.jpg

The car parked in the basement after the Pooja at a nearby temple.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230105_170816.jpg

Installed the 15A plug point manufactured by Legrand for the base Nexon EV variant because I live in a rented apartment and didn't want to bother increasing the electricity load. Hence didn't install the Exicom 7.2 KW unit that MG provides free with this car. I later found out that several owners in the community got approval from MG India to lower the power draw on their 7.2 KW unit so that it stays within their sanctioned load. So this is another approach that prospective ZS EV buyers apprehensive about the sanctioned load problems can consider.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230115_100109-1.jpg

The silver really stands out when it is out in the sun.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img20230606164804.jpg

Named the car Firebolt as an homage to my love for Harry Potter and the solar-powered Pikachu that sits on the car's dash gifted by mom

Major road trips

Bangalore - Mysore

I had decided that the first road trip on this car would be Bangalore - Mysore for the following reasons:

1. Distance wise traveling to Mysore would not stretch the car in any way. Didn't want to stretch too much on my very first road trip with an EV.
2. Good availability of charging infra in Mysore. Booked a hotel with a Zeon AC charger to be extra safe.
3. Brand new expressway I was itching to experience.

An absolute breeze to drive this car on the expressway. Thoroughly enjoyed all the power on sports mode without any worry about range. Covered roughly 150 KMs and reached the hotel with 40% of the charge remaining. Regular EV drivers will be shocked by such poor efficiency but was pretty happy with what I got. The lack of any significant running-in for EVs was another added benefit. Charging at the hotel was smooth. Car was juiced up to 80% by the time we were done with a short afternoon nap and decided to do some afternoon sightseeing in the beautiful city of Mysore.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230108_123427.jpg

First trip to Mysore with Firebolt

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230107_183255.jpg

My better half who loves peeking out of the sunroof (Of course while the car is stationary as the spouse of a safety conscious teambhpian )

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230107_133558.jpg

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230107_133543.jpg

The AC charger at the hotel part of the ever-dependable Zeon charging network which is always my first choice for charging the Firebolt on public chargers.

Bangalore - Chennai

The first trip where I would have to definitely depend on the public charging infra to complete my trip. Although I was reading and researching about EV chargers on my route for more than a year, this was definitely something of a big step.

While it is definitely possible to travel between Bangalore and Chennai with only one charging stop, I decided to play it safe by stopping at two locations. The charging sessions were super smooth and we made it to Chennai in pretty much the same time we take in our ICE cars.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-img_20230124_123343.jpg

Surya Complex: A gem of a food court with plenty of parking and food options on NH44 70 KMs from Bangalore with very reliable EV charging powered by Zeon. I have even been recommending this place to my friends who drive ICE vehicles.

We generally stop here for breakfast but since it's pretty close to Bangalore, this means that the car's battery is 75%+. So I plug into the slower 24 KW charger and leave the 50 KW charger for someone else who may need it to go back to Bangalore. By the time we are done with our breakfast, the car is usually done charging as well.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-aryaas.jpeg

Aryaas Pallikonda: This is the best place to charge up on this route for the following reasons:

1. Falls roughly at the midpoint between these two large cities which means that your car's battery percentage is below 40% and this allows your car to charge at its peak rate for a longer period of time.
2. It's a 50 KW charger which means faster charging. Charging up from 30% to 90% should take around 40 minutes which is pretty much how much time one need needs for a meal.
3. Unlike the ICE world, the charging network operator and the equipment they use are very important for reliability and ease of use. Zeon uses ABB which supports Autocharge which means you simply plug into any DC charger of the Zeon network and it starts charging your car without fiddling with any app or RFID.
4. Great South Indian food. Another place I recommend to friends and family.

Bangalore - Coimbatore

The NH44 road is one of the best in the country both in terms of road quality as well as due to the abundance of DC fast charging on this route with 17+ DC fast chargers on this route of ~360 KMs. I look forward to driving on this route every single time.

MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt-omalur.jpeg

Brand new 50 KW charger at Omalur near Salem which we used instead of stopping at Surya Complex. Plugged in at 45% and charged up to 90% during our meal. This one stop was enough for us to comfortably reach home with 35% to spare.

Would I recommend an EV to friends and family?

Mainly City usage:

Absolutely yes if you have a dedicated car parking and the ability to add a 15A power socket, an EV will any day beat an ICE vehicle in terms of convenience because at the end of the day when you come home if you notice that the battery charge is low, you simply plug it in and go home. The next day morning you are greeted with a car at 100%. Range simply doesn't matter for city usage because of the ability to charge at home.

Another underappreciated point is that as a passenger the EV experience is sublime. No vibrations, no hard jerks due to gear changes, and gradual speed reduction due to regenerative breaking all add up to a great experience. Nowadays when I travel on poorly maintained Uber/Ola cabs, I feel nauseous by the end of the trip. That never happens if I am traveling on a blusmart.

EVs shine in stop-and-go traffic, regenerative braking helps you hate the traffic a bit less.

As someone who loves to spend a lot of time sitting in the car with AC running, EVs are a great fit. Since you don't have a big engine running, they are very economical. The ZS EV loses roughly 1.5% per hour while idling with AC at 24C. With ICE, there is this nagging fear of idling for too long, especially in closed environments due to the potential build-up of carbon monoxide.

Mainly Highway usage:

This is a bit tricky and it's something I will recommend to folks if they meet the following conditions:

1. Check out your usually frequented routes on plugshare.com, and ensure that there are multiple highly rated chargers on them.
2. You love the driving experience of EVs
3. You are a tech geek and are ready to put up with the occasional hitches or changes of plans. Your drives are not going to be 100% perfect. In my opinion, all major routes will be fully electrified in a year but you will not have the 100% seamless experience that city drives give you.

Parting thoughts

I see plenty of skepticism and worry about EVs on this forum. Will the battery last? Are EVs a scam? Do they pollute more than ICE vehicles? What if they break down?

While many of us try to share data and mitigate such fears, fundamentally I believe the motorhead community is simply worried about what the future holds for them. The genuine fear is that all the knowledge gained about ICE vehicles over the years will simply become obsolete and driving will no longer provide any pleasure.

While I can't dispel all the fears, here is my opinion: Before the end of one road trip, I start planning for the next. Every single time I drive this car, it brings me a lot of joy to me as it did when I drove my ICE vehicles.

Driving will always be close to our hearts no matter the powertrain, EVs are not perfect but give them a genuine chance and I am sure the majority of us will find it to be a rewarding experience both from the sheer joy of driving and also from the feeling of satisfaction that we derive from giving back to the society.

Hope to fill this thread with plenty of road-tripping experiences.

Last edited by shyampsunder : 6th June 2023 at 17:25. Reason: Updates
shyampsunder is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 05:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: MG ZS EV Ownership Review | My Firebolt

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 07:05   #3
BHPian

That silver colour looks beautiful and classy.
I am still in cross roads as to whether it is EV, Hybrid or ICE. Hybrid is almost out of the race as the one in Toyota/Maruti gives lacklustre performance and the one in Honda is ridiculously pricey.
The ICE I am sure is still a compelling choice, but it makes me think again and again, whether I am resistant to the fact that the EV technology is already here to prove itself.
You have clearly mentioned the use-case analysis of EV’s for the ones who drive mainly in cities and the others who frequent highways.
I believe it will take another year or two in order for the buyers to clearly decide on these technologies as per their usage.
CArspeed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:06   #4
BHPian

Happy motoring with your fire bolt. I have been driving my Kona for last 5 months and 6k kms already done, it has been a pleasure to drive so far. With multiple charging options coming up fast, I think next trigger for EV would be trucks and they would be the catalyst for rapid development of infrastructure in addition to EV cars. I would recommend a serious attention to EV in comparison to ICE vehicle for future car buyers.
sheelRP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:22   #5
BHPian

ZS EV is an incredibly good car for <30L. The excite version is <25L OTR and there is nothing else in the price bracket that gives you that kind of power, torque or refinement.

Long distance travel especially in south India should not be a problem in the ZS EV. It is far more usable than its competitors on the highway as the others in the price bracket charge much slower and can get irritating. It is also largely fuss free in terms of electronics.

Thanks primarily to Zeon, Relux and GoEC, the highways of TN, KL and south KA are extremely EV friendly.

Great article shyam, hopefully more people jump onto the EV bandwagon and hopefully better cars come out. Currently a lot of focus is on cheaper cars which might actually do more harm than good for the EV community.

Last edited by lina : 7th June 2023 at 12:24.
lina is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
That silver colour looks beautiful and classy.
I am still in cross roads as to whether it is EV, Hybrid or ICE. Hybrid is almost out of the race as the one in Toyota/Maruti gives lacklustre performance and the one in Honda is ridiculously pricey.
I understand your predicament. If you enjoy driving the Hyryder/Vitara combo is definitely not a good option. It works well for people wanting a point A to B car with great mileage. Hybrids in India according to me are the worst of both the ICE and EV worlds. Doesn't have the instant acceleration of EVs, doesn't have the top end punch of ICE.

Pick between pure ICE and EV. Ultimately buying any car above 15L is a heart driven decision, so just go with what gives you more joy around a twisty corner.
shyampsunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post

Driving will always be close to our hearts no matter the powertrain, EVs are not perfect but give them a genuine chance and I am sure the majority of us will find it to be a rewarding experience both from the sheer joy of driving and also from the feeling of satisfaction that we derive from giving back to the society.
Excellent ownership review. As a very happy ZS EV user for the past 10 months, I fully endorse your views. Last week, I took my vehicle for its 3rd service (10,000 km) after having completed a mix of city and long-distance driving.

On highways, I have always relied on Zeon chargers and have found them to be extremely reliable.

Recently, I drove from Chennai to Ooty and back, a distance of almost 1200 km and the experience was a blast. The car took the hair-pin bends and ascents with aplomb, with no breathlessness, even in Eco mode. While coming down, it was a wonderful experience to watch the battery percentage go up by as much as 8% thanks to regenerative braking!

Keep those road trip reports coming!
Rada is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:42   #8
BHPian

Very detailed review. Thanks a bunch.

I was having a weird sense of dejavu before I realized I had run into the same photo on an Adda article about apartment complexes and installing 15A power sockets, haha. Any idea how the association was convinced to allow this? I know it's a bit of a tangent but it's been a complete nuisance here in Chennai.
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
Very detailed review. Thanks a bunch.

I was having a weird sense of dejavu before I realized I had run into the same photo on an Adda article about apartment complexes and installing 15A power sockets, haha. Any idea how the association was convinced to allow this? I know it's a bit of a tangent but it's been a complete nuisance here in Chennai.
Haha ya I had contributed for that blog on Adda.

So when I shifted to Bangalore, EV-friendly societies were what I was after. Ather had mentioned the society I was looking at to be EV-friendly with multiple Ather owners living there. Hence it was very smooth to install an EV charger in the car parking. There are 2 other Nexon EVs as well
Old 7th June 2023, 13:42   #10
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
Any idea how the association was convinced to allow this? I know it's a bit of a tangent but it's been a complete nuisance here in Chennai.
It is nuisance here in bangalore as well, Only handful of them are EV friendly. I own a apartment built by prestige (let's not name it for obvious reasons) and it was supposed to be a premium experiance but lack of support to provide sufficient load by builder and lack of forsight by EC has made owning electrical vehicle impossible, association has banned all private chargers and put up some fast chargers in place which is inaqeqate in number and totally impractical
Old 7th June 2023, 14:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
It is nuisance here in bangalore as well, Only handful of them are EV friendly. I own a apartment built by prestige (let's not name it for obvious reasons) and it was supposed to be a premium experiance but lack of support to provide sufficient load by builder and lack of forsight by EC has made owning electrical vehicle impossible, association has banned all private chargers and put up some fast chargers in place which is inaqeqate in number and totally impractical
Mine is a Prestige community as well, maybe you can share this thread and this blog to your society? As long as your house has at least 4 KW load, I think we can easily add a 15A plug point. After accounting for EV charging as well, my max demand has never crossed 2.5 KW.
Old 7th June 2023, 16:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
I bought the MG ZS EV going against most conventional wisdom around EVs. Here are the major ones:
During your ownership, have you ever faced any issues w.r.t. battery or other faults. While browsing through the Nexon EV threads, there are many instances of folks getting stranded on the road due to battery failures or otherwise and car had to be towed to the service center for a fix (mostly battery replacement).
Old 7th June 2023, 16:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
During your ownership, have you ever faced any issues w.r.t. battery or other faults. While browsing through the Nexon EV threads, there are many instances of folks getting stranded on the road due to battery failures or otherwise and car had to be towed to the service center for a fix (mostly battery replacement).
Nothing of that sort has happened. I am part of a community of around 200 ZS EV owners and the worst that can happen is if the car is turned on during a DC charging session in rare situations, the car enters a safe mode due to some voltage fluctuation. In that case, the car gets towed to the service center where they remove the flag through their scanner. This has happened to a very small set of customers. Nothing beyond this has been heard of.
Old 7th June 2023, 17:30   #14
BHPian

Hi Shyam,

Congratulations on the MG ZS EV. We also purchased one recently, for my wife. She went with the red color, silver was our second choice. Needless to say, your car looks stunning.

I have applied for an EV meter, here in Pune, and it doesnt look like it will be allocated and installed anytime soon.

Your charging option looks cool to me. I request you to share some details about the brand, model, and cost. I will ask our society electrician to procure and install the same one in my parking.

Wishing you several years of blissful, silent, and vibration-free ownership!

-Sid.
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 18:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoza View Post

Your charging option looks cool to me. I request you to share some details about the brand, model, and cost. I will ask our society electrician to procure and install the same one in my parking.

-Sid.
Thanks!

Refer to this indiamart link, if you are finding it hard to procure, DM me I can share a distributors number who can courier it to your address.

But before you buy this, I will strongly recommend asking MG to install the 7.2 KW charger at a lower power rating depending on how much extra load you have. It needs MG India's approval and generally the local dealer who does the installation won't agree but be persistent and get it done for a few reasons:

1. Installation and wiring will be free of cost, the entire Legrand setup costed me around Rs 15k, an expense that can be avoided.

2. The wiring that MG provides will be for 7.2 KW load and hence will be much safer and of higher quality.

Also DM me your number, will include you in the ZS EV whatsapp community.
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks