Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 19:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled

The refreshed version of the Tesla Model 3 is said to be in the works for quite a while now. There have been many camouflaged images of the upcoming car spotted on multiple occasions.

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-model3refresh.jpg

Now, an image showcasing the new Model 3 has been doing the rounds on social media. The image showcases the front fascia of the Model 3 featuring significant design updates. The new Tesla Model 3, codenamed 'Highland' can be seen with redesigned front headlamps, new alloy wheels and a new front bumper. While the car's rear can't be seen, it is also expected to get a major update, including a newly-designed rear bumper and updates to the taillights.

The image also provides a glimpse of the interior via the front windshield which reveals what seems to be a new infotainment unit angled towards the driver. Other updates to the interiors are also expected and could take inspiration from the Model S.

Tesla is yet to officially confirm the launch timeline of the Model 3 refresh. However, considering the leaked image showcases a near production-ready version, its launch could be expected soon.

Source: Reddit

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 16th April 2023 at 19:04.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 20:31   #2
BHPian

re: Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled

Is it just me or did the new prius pop up in anyone else's mind?
LBWKjesko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 22:30   #3
rGT
BHPian

Looks like it's influenced by the Roadster, atleast from the front.
rGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 09:56   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks wonderful! I generally like Tesla designs and this facelift is no different. Gives me some Italian vibes....like a Ferrari Roma, perhaps?

Tesla also needs to facelift the interiors. They are functional, but they looked too basic at launch and the cabin looks even more basic today, now that other manufacturers are offering EVs with proper, luxurious interiors.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 07:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Refreshed Tesla Model 3 rendered:

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-screenshot-20230518-071944.png

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-screenshot-20230518-072022.png

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-screenshot-20230518-072003.png
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 16:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 facelift in camouflage,

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-bfa8bd8477b08fc301d5101b33011d4f_1686292680_5191.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-bfa8bd8477b08fc301d5101b33011d4f_1686292679_2853.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-bfa8bd8477b08fc301d5101b33011d4f_1686292680_0016.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 17:47   #7
BHPian

From the spanish artwork company, Avarvarri, who are very good in making almost perfect renders of new models/facelifts based on available info:

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-ftmz8bagaqvibc.jpeg
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 16:12   #8
BHPian

My wishlist for the refresh as a current Tesla model 3 user
  • Powered Frunk
  • Brake-by-wire (Brembo sensify)
  • Adaptive dampers (atleast as an option). Air suspension will be icing on the cake, but that is too much to ask I guess
  • Powered tilt (towards driver / center / passenger) display like the new Model X
  • Gigacasting like the model Y for the front and rear subframe mounting. I hope this reduces complexity and thus weight
  • Hardware 4 supporting extra cameras and if possible birds eye view as option while reversing
  • Some visual upgrades to interior and exterior to look and feel like a refresh

We will see how much of my wishes come true.
carthick1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 21:37   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 project Highland spotted in San Francisco.

Name:  Screenshot 20230613 213531.png
Views: 855
Size:  540.5 KB

Link
Old 2nd July 2023, 06:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Refreshed Tesla Model 3 RWD will feature CATL's M3P battery cells in a 66-kWh Pack.

Tesla is preparing the refreshed Model 3, rumored to start deliveries in the coming months. A new report confirms previous information that the revamped Model 3 will feature an LMFP battery pack. The improved chemistry will raise the battery capacity to 66 kWh, a 10% improvement over current LFP packs in the Model 3 RWD.

Quote:
When CATL announced its M3P battery cells in July 2022, it offered little information besides the fact that it's a modified formula based on lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) chemistry. Many confused them with LMFP cells, which add manganese to the recipe for improved energy density. Still, CATL assured us that the M3P cells are different in the way that the iron is enriched with a mix of materials that include magnesium, zinc, and aluminum.

This gives them a better performance than the LFP cells while keeping the price well below the NMC cells used in high-performance EVs. Compared to LMFP cells, the M3P cells have a longer lifecycle and lower internal resistance. This allows faster charging times and higher discharge currents, hence more powerful drive configurations.
Quote:
This information has been confirmed by the Chinese media, which also says that the new battery packs offer a nice capacity boost, from 60 kWh to 66 kWh for the Model 3 RWD. This is the second battery upgrade for the base version of the Model 3, which started with a 55-kWh LFP pack. The new battery pack will also be installed in future versions of the Model Y.

Link
Old 5th July 2023, 22:18   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
My wishlist for the refresh as a current Tesla model 3 user
  • Powered Frunk
  • Brake-by-wire (Brembo sensify)
  • Adaptive dampers (atleast as an option). Air suspension will be icing on the cake, but that is too much to ask I guess
  • Powered tilt (towards driver / center / passenger) display like the new Model X
  • Gigacasting like the model Y for the front and rear subframe mounting. I hope this reduces complexity and thus weight
  • Hardware 4 supporting extra cameras and if possible birds eye view as option while reversing
  • Some visual upgrades to interior and exterior to look and feel like a refresh

We will see how much of my wishes come true.
From your list, I would be happy if they give the following

1. Powered Frunk

2. Adaptive Suspension (Air is reserved for the Plaid's of the world not for us poor folks )

3. Powered multi tilt steering movement

4. What is a Brake by Wire? Honestly, this is the only area I feel my M3P is not that good. Brakes are not powerful enough to stop this super powerful car. Is it because it's not completely bedded in? Btw, I hardly use the brakes and when I do, I don't feel confident with its abilities to stop. Thoughts?
Old 6th July 2023, 15:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

4. What is a Brake by Wire? Honestly, this is the only area I feel my M3P is not that good. Brakes are not powerful enough to stop this super powerful car. Is it because it's not completely bedded in? Btw, I hardly use the brakes and when I do, I don't feel confident with its abilities to stop. Thoughts?
Here's a simple explanation of brake-by-wire with history of brakes in a 7m25s long video :

Agree that without regen, the model 3's brakes are not as confidence inspiring. But more than 95% times, the regen is used alongside brakes. I don't have much complaints except for some days when it is cold outside and I forgot to pre-heat. Then the regen is limited until the battery reaches optimum temperature and have to rely on brakes alone.

In a recent video from Misha Charoudin, he tested model S plaid with the new performance brakes (the last time he used normal brakes and was not happy) from Tesla and he seems to like it. I guess Tesla is slowly learning to provide better brakes to P models as an upgrade. Hope they do this for stock variants too.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 6th July 2023 at 16:00.
Old 1st August 2023, 19:29   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 Project Highland, more details appear.

New spy images give the clearest view so far of the refreshed Model 3 prototype.

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-teslamodel3projecthighlandsideprofile.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-teslamodel3projecthighland5.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-teslamodel3projecthighlandrear.jpg

It appears like the front overhang is slightly longer than the current version, and there’s a new crease emanating from the side camera housing, that runs through the front door panel.

Also speculated about a possible new camera positioned low on the front bumper, similar to the Cybertruck. If that’s true, the facelifted Model 3 could come with Tesla Vision, the brand’s camera-based Autopilot system, that no longer relies on ultrasonic sensors.

The Model 3 Project Highland will likely get the Hardware 4.0 computer as well, which could deliver a clearer view of the surroundings, improved Full-Self Driving (FSD) functionality, wider field of view, and enhanced processing capabilities.

The delivery timeline of the refreshed Model 3 is unknown.

Link
Old 18th August 2023, 16:08   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 'Project Highland' likely to be revealed probably in the first week of September. will go 'stalkless.'

- the production of the revamped Model 3 will first begin at Giga Shanghai, with Fremont following soon.

- Refreshed Model 3 will lose the stalks, at least in the export version.

- The gear shifting will be done via the center display, similar to the refreshed Model S/X.

- The turn-signal stalk will receive the same treatment, with the controls integrated into the steering wheel.

- Also confirms Hardware 4 cameras and, although not mentioned, the HW4 Autopilot computer.

- In addition to the CATL's M3P battery with 66 kWh capacity in the RWD variant, Tesla could also use the same chemistry for the Performance version. This will make the capacity drop from 78.4 kWh to about 72 kWh, which Tesla might compensate for through better drivetrain efficiency.

- Tesla will use a distinct front spoiler design for the sportier variant. A rear diffuser, like the Model S, is also in store. However, whether this is also limited to the Performance trim is unclear.

Link
Old 23rd August 2023, 07:47   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

A batch of Tesla Model 3 Highlands spotted doing high-temperature testing in China.
Updated Model 3 Highland with visible steering wheel.

Quote:
In the first half of September, the production capacity in Shanghai Giga will reach about 1,200 units. As previously reported, the new Model 3 will have no radars and feature HW 3.5, not HW 4.
Quote:
According to the report, the facelifted Model 3 production cost was significantly reduced, and the EV is expected to start at 200,000 yuan (27,400 USD). The current version of Model 3 starts at 231,000 yuan (31,800 USD) in China.
Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-tm3facelift.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Refresh, now unveiled-tm3faceliftdetail2.jpg

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks