Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 19:48   #226
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post
What is your software version? Multiple users have reported that updating to 12.70 fixed most of the issues with arcade.ev and other bugs.
If possible, can you kindly let me know the process for charging the vehicle? The manual says that the charging gun lock / unlock button needs to be pressed before putting in the charging gun. Also when the charging is finished, the charging gun lock / unlock button needs to be pressed before pulling out the charging gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Even though I took the delivery last week, the software version is old only.
Is it an OTA update or we should visit the service center?
Also not able to install any apps as the size shows 0.0MB
I was told that I would have to visit the service center in order to get the latest software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The delay is very irritating. Other Nexon users can weigh in if it was a one-off case or that's how Nexon EVs are made.
I observed this at regen level 1.
Old 28th December 2023, 20:11   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I was expecting that the car at least stays stationary on an incline if we just move our foot away from the brake pedal. Anybody else observed this?
Even with five occupants and full boot, the car stayed put on inclines, I didn't miss the hill hold assist at all. But I was on 0 regen for most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Even though I took the delivery last week, the software version is old only.
Is it an OTA update or we should visit the service center?
Also not able to install any apps as the size shows 0.0MB
You'll have to visit SC, OTA updates are not working yet. But specifically ask for 12.70 update because multiple users on 12.68 faced issues with their aux battery. So either update directly to 12.70 or stay on 12.60.

Quote:
If possible, can you kindly let me know the process for charging the vehicle? The manual says that the charging gun lock / unlock button needs to be pressed before putting in the charging gun. Also when the charging is finished, the charging gun lock / unlock button needs to be pressed before pulling out the charging gun.
Did not have to press the charging gun lock/unlock button before plugging in the charger, just plug in and start charging. After you're done charging, turn off the AC adapter switch, press the charging gun unlock button and remove the charger.
Venky03 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 20:46   #228

Quote:
What is your software version? Multiple users have reported that updating to 12.70 fixed most of the issues with arcade.ev and other bugs.
Thanks! Currently on version 12.60 itself. I’ll check with SC for 12.70 update then.
Old 28th December 2023, 21:24   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Even with five occupants and full boot, the car stayed put on inclines, I didn't miss the hill hold assist at all. But I was on 0 regen for most of the time.
If I remember, yours is Empowered right? Is it because you have auto hold feature hence you are not facing any roll back? Mine is Fearless Plus and I just have a handbrake.
Old 28th December 2023, 21:27   #230
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember, yours is Empowered right? Is it because you have auto hold feature hence you are not facing any roll back? Mine is Fearless Plus and I just have a handbrake.
None of the MR variants have EPB and auto hold, it is exclusive for LR.
Venky03 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 00:50   #231
BHPian

So one fine night my Nexon decides to show me all these errors

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003351_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003356_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003401_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003407_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003415_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003422_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_20240103_003430_gallery.jpg

Stranded on the roadside at 11 pm in the night technician checking out the car at 12:46 am as it is untowable since the electronic parking brake is not disengaging.

Thats a month and a half old 1066 kms run empowered plus model for you.

The first hand horrors of buying a tech loaded Tata
400notout is offline   (66) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:11   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
I just happen to come to this thread today as I was considering Nexon EV and lo - behold - I see your post. Feel Sorry for you 400notout and hope it gets fixed quickly. I am guessing as there are so many of errors together, it will be some loose connection or something which will be easily tracked and fixed.

But this brings me to the larger point - I am very scared of the Tata ASS experience - having gone through this myself with my Hexa ownership. On Top a pure EV with so much of software and electronics sprinkled with Tatas (In) Famous magic quality - hits the ball out of the park.

Anyways - will decide what to do about my Nexon / Punch EV decision.

Meanwhile one question to current Owners of New Nexon EV on the usage pattern and charging behavior:

My use case - Need a small city car - two days I will drive in total 15 kms and weekend another 15 kms. so in total, 30 kms in a week. Infrequent usage.

Question: Do I need to mandatorily charge the car every 3-5 days even if the battery levels are well over 50% ?

Reason for asking - I had a E2O car earlier.
Mahindra's recommendation was:
1. Atleast one 10% to 100% full charge cycle in a week
2. Weekly once charge even if the car has enough battery

Please shed some light on charging behavior during such infrequent usage ?

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 3rd January 2024 at 11:15. Reason: typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:57   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Anyways - will decide what to do about my Nexon / Punch EV decision.

Meanwhile one question to current Owners of New Nexon EV on the usage pattern and charging behavior:

My use case - Need a small city car - two days I will drive in total 15 kms and weekend another 15 kms. so in total, 30 kms in a week. Infrequent usage.
If you are sure that you will only use this for 30 kms a week be very clear that you are not buying it for the cost saving. And I think a big car like Nexon is probably not required.
But things are very different with EVs. May people have bought an EV thinking they will use it only for city and then find the refinement and drive quality to be mind blowing. It soon becomes their highway car as well (particularly in south it is very doable).

Quote:
Question: Do I need to mandatorily charge the car every 3-5 days even if the battery levels are well over 50% ?
For the past one year of ownership I have charged the car (NExon Max) every week but not because there is something mandatory requirement. It is because I have so much of running (close to 50 Km per day). Which ever car you buy, look at the user manual to get an idea of such things (easily available online so you can refer before you finalise your decision).

Nexon Max, if I recall correctly recommends leaving about 50 % SoC if your car is going to be left unused for 1-2 months. The basic idea here is that you do not want the batteries to be 100 % Soc for long time. Neither do you want it to be too low so that it undergoes deep discharge due to an inevitable small leakage current. But there are other problems with leaving a car unused for long; rodents for example can have a field run with the internals of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

Stranded on the roadside at 11 pm in the night technician checking out the car at 12:46 am as it is untowable since the electronic parking brake is not disengaging.

Thats a month and a half old 1066 kms run empowered plus model for you.

The first hand horrors of buying a tech loaded Tata
Is it a rodent attack. These pesky little creature can bring any car to their knees. Imagine my shock when I saw one of their tribe in the bonnet after parking for just a day at a different location (my house has black cat security guarding the parking lot but they come with their own set of problems).

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th January 2024 at 13:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
electric_eel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:36   #234
BHPian

Update: Got Tata to tow the car to the service centre and reached home at 3:30 AM from the site in a cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Is it a rodent attack.
Doesn't seem like a rodent attack. I checked these errors on youtube and came across this;

The guy is showing it to be a Aibvac fuse blown up issue. But I don't know how genuine such videos are.

All in all should not be anything major. However nothing is good about the whole incident.

The hilarious part is the service centre technician asked me if the car was idle for more than 2 days chances are the LV battery has drained that was enough to get me up from my sleep.
400notout is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 09:45   #235
BHPian

Quote:

You should buy a pre owned hatchback for your less frequent usage. It will be cheaper, efficient and niggle (beta tester) free car. Electrics are mostly suited to people with high city running where hybrids and electrics are totally at home.
Environmentally too, using a pre owned car is less polluting than manufacturing & buying a new electric car.
Old 4th January 2024, 09:49   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, my honest opinion would be - do you really need an EV? If you are worried about the environment, it is understandable but with your usage an ICE car would do just fine. The running is too low for you to get any benefits (read cost) out of an EV. You simply end up paying a premium for the Nexon while not reaping any benefits.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 11:10   #237
BHPian

I wonder what ‘forced restart’ inside settings would do in situations like these.
Old 4th January 2024, 11:14   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
If you are sure that you will only use this for 30 kms a week be very clear that you are not buying it for the cost saving. And I think a big car like Nexon is probably not required.
Dear electric_eel, thanks for your comments and feedback. Your posts on EVs are a treasure trove of info and I often go through them to learn more and more. Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam800 View Post
You should buy a pre owned hatchback for your less frequent usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Sir, my honest opinion would be - do you really need an EV?
Dear Sam800,Raghu M Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I thought for long about what you are saying here and frankly speaking - it makes a lot of logical and financial sense. However I had omitted a few points in my above post which is needed for more context.
1. I have a Innova Crysta for my intercity commutes so only need car for in city travel.
2. I currently have a Nios under company car lease serving me well but its coming up for End of contract so I have to buy a new car and let this go. (Its just pure mathematics here).
3. I am also now thinking that for such a low usage a small car is enough and
ICE might be more suitable and trouble free than an Electric.

Let me not pollute this thread on Nexon EV further with small ICE car question, I will post it further in another thread but for now thanks to you all for the feedback.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 20:27   #239
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I have a problem with Arcade.ev. I need to re-login every time I need to use it!

I have to go through the whole process of OTP, etc, and add a user before using it again. It's a real pain. Do you have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2024 at 08:55. Reason: Don't use excessive !! or ...Proofread before posting.
Old 5th January 2024, 20:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I seem to have a problem with Arcade.ev.
I am still stuck at the loading screen for Arcade.Ev. I had logged in only once and could not install any app. Others had suggested to update the software version to 12.70.

I also had two issues in the past few days. Both the issues were solved after a couple of restarts.

1. The main display froze and didn't show speed or the view was not changing.
2. The infotainment system went blank and was not responding to anything. But the cameras worked while indicating or reversing.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-img_4848.png  

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-img_4846.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2024 at 08:56. Reason: Quoted post edited.
F2005 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks